I just ordered a Gold Bezel for my Bold and have watched the CNN.n videos on how to disassemble/assemble a Bold but if I am just replacing the Bezel do I have to disconnect the connector for the LCD on the main board and remove the LCD itself from the main board??

It seems as if from watching the video I can just switch the entire main board (LCD and all) into the new bezel??

Anyone have some other step my step instructions for replacing the bezel and trackball? Or simply tips??
    07-05-09 02:02 AM
    You don't have to disconnect the LCD to swap the bezel.
    Just work carefully step-by-step through the video up to te point of the LCD removal and don't lose/damage the tork screws.
    07-05-09 03:31 AM
    In my experience, when changing the bezel it's MUCH easier to disconnect the LCD because when you're putting the motherboard in the new bezel it can be pretty difficult to put in if you have the LCD connected.

What I usually do is put the LCD in first and then put the motherboard in after.
    07-05-09 04:33 AM
    Yeah I do the exact same thing and remove the lcd. It's MUCH easier to put back in. Btw where did you get the gold bezel from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 05:08 AM
    Can I threadjack for just a second, pretty please? I'm getting to BB Tour but prefer the bezel on the Bold...would the Bold's bezel fit the tour or are the dimensions too different? Excuse my newbie-ness!
    07-05-09 05:11 AM
    I just ordered a Gold Bezel for my Bold and have watched the CNN.n videos on how to disassemble/assemble a Bold but if I am just replacing the Bezel do I have to disconnect the connector for the LCD on the main board and remove the LCD itself from the main board??

It seems as if from watching the video I can just switch the entire main board (LCD and all) into the new bezel??

Anyone have some other step my step instructions for replacing the bezel and trackball? Or simply tips??
    u dont have to remove the lcd

however it will be easier to install it back when you remove it
    07-05-09 08:57 AM
    So I should disconnect the LCD connector and remove the lcd, place it in the new bezel and then re attach the connector??
    07-05-09 09:12 AM
    Can I threadjack for just a second, pretty please? I'm getting to BB Tour but prefer the bezel on the Bold...would the Bold's bezel fit the tour or are the dimensions too different? Excuse my newbie-ness!

The dimensions are different it would not work.
    07-05-09 09:13 AM
    Yeah I do the exact same thing and remove the lcd. It's MUCH easier to put back in. Btw where did you get the gold bezel from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-BOLD-...%3A1 |294%3A50
    07-05-09 10:34 AM
    These seem to be the two best How To on replacing the bezel so I think I will just follow these :

How to: Bold - Bezel and Trackball swap - PinStack.com

How to replace bezel, buttons and keyboard on Blackberry Bold | BB Geeks
    07-05-09 04:51 PM
    you dont need to remove the screen..its easy to put back with out removing it.
    07-05-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD