What's the difference between part numbers 001/001; 001/002; 001/003; and 001/004?
    07-16-09 05:08 PM
    Maybe to track back where the phone was made?

There are many electronic devices that have different part numbers for the same device and part...

One example is my Canon SD600 camera... There are 2 different LCD part numbers for it when you need to replace it. One is a japanese LCD and another is an Indian one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 05:40 PM
    Maybe to track back where the phone was made?

There are many electronic devices that have different part numbers for the same device and part...

One example is my Canon SD600 camera... There are 2 different LCD part numbers for it when you need to replace it. One is a japanese LCD and another is an Indian one.

that's a good possibility, but it doesn't make sense why they're NOT interchangeable. i work in the manufacturing industry (auto ), and standardization is key to a successful process... oh well.
    Last edited by Bucks13; 07-16-09 at 05:46 PM.
    07-16-09 05:44 PM
    It's not just for tracking. The parts are not the same. If you don't replace it with the same one, it will not work. I'm not sure what's different about them.
    07-16-09 05:44 PM
    OK, I've looked from every angle, and there is no number resembling 001/002, etc. I called gounlock and they were less than helpful. Can anyone help? This is an ATT Bold, about two years old. Please??
    07-16-09 05:48 PM
    How is your bold 2 years old when they came out only in Nov 2008 for ATT?

Pre production model from RIM?

07-16-09 05:51 PM
    I said "about" because I wasn't sure of the exact date. Actually it was in April of last year. Does that help?
    07-16-09 05:53 PM
    07-16-09 05:57 PM
    Well if you got the phone from att then it was in November cuz that is when they were released for ATT. I should know cuz I got my phone on Nov 6th. Obama's big day was on the 4th same day as the release of the Bold.

Rogers released the bold a couple weeks earlier than ATT.
    Since you said you got it in April then its a pre production model meaning they made a small batch that is probably different than the rest of the Bolds. Did you get it on ebay or something?

07-16-09 06:00 PM
    Did you get it on ebay or something?
    NO. It came from ATT.
    07-16-09 06:14 PM
    OMG! Doug, you are AWESOME!!! Of all the websites I've visited about this, you are the only one to show me something truly useful. I'm sooooo grateful!!

BTW, my part number is 002/004.
    07-16-09 06:25 PM
    Well if you got the phone from att then it was in November cuz that is when they were released for ATT. I should know cuz I got my phone on Nov 6th. Obama's big day was on the 4th same day as the release of the Bold.

Rogers released the bold a couple weeks earlier than ATT.
    Since you said you got it in April then its a pre production model meaning they made a small batch that is probably different than the rest of the Bolds. Did you get it on ebay or something?
    2 months earlier to be exact... I got mine from Rogers on release date back in the last week of August '08. Rogers, I believe, was the first carrier to have the release.

I don't know how Cheeto got a branded AT&T BOLD before it was released to anyone else. 2 years ago I just got my 8100. Less than a year ago I got a 9000 on Rogers release date... Confused? Why, yes I am!
    07-16-09 06:29 PM
    OMG! Doug, you are AWESOME!!! Of all the websites I've visited about this, you are the only one to show me something truly useful. I'm sooooo grateful!!

BTW, my part number is 002/004.
    well i'm glad you got your question answered.
    07-16-09 06:34 PM
    pinoi and synwars - just an observation... you guys were *way* more interested in figuring out WHEN I got the Bold instead of trying to help me with the problem. I'm just saying....
    07-16-09 07:01 PM
    pinoi and synwars - just an observation... you guys were *way* more interested in figuring out WHEN I got the Bold instead of trying to help me with the problem. I'm just saying....
    You started it.

If, in fact, you DID have a pre-production model, that may very well have affected the decision of which screen you were to choose for replacement. Turns out you didn't. No harm done. I am glad you figured it out.
    07-16-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD