RIM is going to ruin their chances if they don't release the 9900 sooner than later!
    I am not really sure that this one device is make or break for RIM, long term. Sure could help their short term to have a sleek sexy phone in the wireless stores alongside the other devices. I noted recently that in at least one Verizon store the RIM devices were all segregated away from everything else -- and moved to the back. Kind of like an area where if you HAD to use a BB (work reasons, etc.) they take you to the back. Not good for RIM.
    05-31-11 05:06 PM
    I heard already that this device is on sale and I wonder how can that be?
    05-31-11 07:36 PM
    If it was I'd be buying it!
    05-31-11 07:39 PM
    Some more info please?
    05-31-11 09:46 PM
    I remain patient. It's my opinion that the slow walking on RIMs part and the carriers is to make certain once it is released there will be no major problems with the Os unlike previous "hurry up and get it out" models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This has to be the correct answer
    06-01-11 02:39 AM
    @ T-mobile holland he is since today @ the coming soon page with an expectation date of SEPTEMBER :S

hope he is there earlier but i don't think so...

Binnenkort verkrijgbaar bij T-Mobile | T-Mobile
    06-01-11 10:14 AM
    @ T-mobile holland he is since today @ the coming soon page with an expectation date of SEPTEMBER :S

So... I posted a Thread saying that RIM delay the North American launch date till end of Auguest (according to their own RIM reps) and it seems like I may be right. Many people at crackberry complained that I know nothing. But it seems like I knew something.

06-01-11 10:59 AM

I am sorry.... I think it will be September. RIM reps told BestBuy Canada that it will be in "back to school" shopping period. Which is Auguest-Sept. If they release in Aug in North America, you guys will most likely be in Sept.

06-01-11 11:03 AM
    So... I know nothing.
    You also posted that you were not visiting these forums again for 3 weeks... when does that start exactly?

06-01-11 11:05 AM
    Of course they're not mean, but whatever their problem of holding back releasing phones is not being resolved, unfortunately.
    They are still working on the 9900. Why does everyone think RIM is late when they never announced a date for delivery.

You people are torturing yourselves, just read the posts in this single thread. There are people who think/thought it was on sale now, or it would be out the first of June, then late June . . . LOL!

How about August or more likely September!
    06-01-11 11:07 AM
    I am sorry.... I think it will be September. RIM reps told BestBuy Canada that it will be in "back to school" shopping period. Which is Auguest-Sept. If they release in Aug in North America, you guys will most likely be in Sept.

That may just apply to 3rd party stores, like Best Buy, Future Shop etc. I don't know about the other carriers, but Rogers Corp always get the Blackberries first. So this only applies to Rogers Plus stores and the call centre. The 3rd party stores gets them around a month after. This is the trend I have seen with the Bold 9000, 9700, and the Torch.
    06-01-11 01:12 PM
    Guess the general consensus is drool now, speculate later. Haha, it just shows you how bad all of us want this one, me included.

06-01-11 02:32 PM
    But sooner or later which is starting, it becomes aggrivation, then contempt and finally, ADIOS

06-01-11 02:50 PM
    I have just called Vodafone in the UK and asked when the 9900 would be out as they have put it on their website in the coming soon section. They told me that they were sent an email to say that RIM had now put the release date back to August-September, he could not say why either :-(

I wonder if its to do with the Playbook coming out in the UK in June ?
    06-02-11 06:24 AM
    I have just called Vodafone in the UK and asked when the 9900 would be out as they have put it on their website in the coming soon section. They told me that they were sent an email to say that RIM had now put the release date back to August-September, he could not say why either :-(

I wonder if its to do with the Playbook coming out in the UK in June ?
    I just phoned Vodafone UK and he said that there's nothing about RIM sending them an Email he also said he thinks it might be around the middle of July/ middle of summer when I asked for a rough time frame on release, though Vodafone have this habbit of saying one thing to one customer and another thing to someone else!
    Really hope it's true though, cause my 9700 is falling apart!

06-02-11 07:57 AM
    You also posted that you were not visiting these forums again for 3 weeks... when does that start exactly?

You have a serious problem with insulting other users on crackberry. I admit I have and addiction to crackberry.com but also hope you keep your low class insults to yourself.

Thank you.

06-02-11 08:39 AM
    You have a serious problem with insulting other users on crackberry. I admit I have and addiction to crackberry.com but also hope you keep your low class insults to yourself.

Thank you.

I agree...Phil_UK dropped a few bombs on my posts yesterday as well.
    leftypepper716 and mssca like this.
    06-02-11 08:48 AM
    Amen! I appricate any and all info about the Bold 9900/9930 from crackberry posters, has with any internet rumor, you do have to take it for what they are, but to come on this forum and be talked down to, and made to look like a simpleton from someone who really has NO firm credentials whatsoever, let's get an employee number? Company or district office you actually work for or better yet, like on twitter, have Kevin put a verivied as reputable poster next to your name...otherwise anything and everything you say hold as much cred has any of our OPINIONS do. Keep posting mss-ca and all you love, BUT do have a limit with RIM/BlackBerry.

mssca likes this.
    06-02-11 09:06 AM
    Lighten up guys, it's only banter.

Take a while to sift through some of my posts, you'll be surprised how helpful I can be at times.

Anyway, message understood and sorry again.

Helpful phill can you give me your insight to this then ? Should I wait for the 9900 to release or get the bold 3 ( again, the last one got damaged since I had an accident... a real bad one ) So tell me, should I wait for the 9900 or get the bold 3 ?
    06-02-11 10:10 AM
    Amen! I appricate any and all info about the Bold 9900/9930 from crackberry posters, has with any internet rumor, you do have to take it for what they are, but to come on this forum and be talked down to, and made to look like a simpleton from someone who really has NO firm credentials whatsoever, let's get an employee number? Company or district office you actually work for or better yet, like on twitter, have Kevin put a verivied as reputable poster next to your name...otherwise anything and everything you say hold as much cred has any of our OPINIONS do. Keep posting mss-ca and all you love, BUT do have a limit with RIM/BlackBerry.

I agree with you leftypepper716.... All the info I get on this 9900/9930 is from RIM reps for Western Canada. I specifically posted this info on one of my threads. I have no connection to RIM what to ever and I am just posting bits of info whenever I get it from BestBuy RIM reps. Bits of info is better than no info in my point of view.

My full time job is undergraduate student geophysics/petroleum geology and my part time job is searching for ANY news on Blackberry. (BB is not that important to me, but I am addicted.) So... for what I get from RIM reps in Canada is that it will be end of August because RIM "apparently" told all Canadian carriers(specifically Rogers) that they will not be able to ship items until the end of August and they are working hard to "fix minor issues" with the 9900.... but again, they are rumors by RIM reps.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 06-02-11 at 10:38 AM.
    06-02-11 10:34 AM
    Just found this, looks like August is the best bet

9900 comming when? - Vodafone eForum
    mssca likes this.
    06-02-11 11:20 AM
    Would it be all possible that North America would get the Bold 9900/9930 a few weeks (month?) Before Vodafone? I mean the big 3, Verizon, At&t and Sprint?

06-02-11 01:15 PM
    Now that I've won a 9930 from Crackberry, I can't wait. I haven't had my 9650 Bold that long. But always welcome an upgrade. I hope Sprint moves on it fast. Thanks again Crackberry! My son asked if he could have my old Bold.
    06-02-11 04:20 PM
    Now that I've won a 9930 from Crackberry, I can't wait. I haven't had my 9650 Bold that long. But always welcome an upgrade. I hope Sprint moves on it fast. Thanks again Crackberry! My son asked if he could have my old Bold.
    CONGRATS I'm on Sprint too and if RIM doesn't drag their feet past August, I will be a fellow Bold 9930 owner. If so, I'd be honored if I could be one of your 1st BBM buddies

06-02-11 04:28 PM
    I think there's no need for this thread anymore. We're all impatiently waiting.
    06-10-11 02:53 PM
343 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD