no such thing as a 2 year contract on Rogers, or any Canadian carrier afaik.

instead of breaking your contract to get a new phone, call in a year or so into your contract and get a retentions rep to get you an early upgrade.
    Telus and Rogers both have 2 year contract. For example, on 9780, it is $100 off when you go for two years(BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 | Smartphones | Phones & devices | TELUS Mobility) and same with Rogers (http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...KR&N=52+11+278)

Is it a good idea to go for the 2 year contract in your opinion OR go for the early upgrade?

Thank you.
    05-06-11 04:05 PM

instead of breaking your contract to get a new phone, call in a year or so into your contract and get a retentions rep to get you an early upgrade.
    That's not true... you can buy any of their phones (or most if not all) on either monthly, one year, two year or three year contract. (Check out the web site and you'll see the different price options depending on the length of the contract.)

Other Canadian carriers should be the same (Bell, Telus).

And to the other comment (different poster) about having to wait a couple of months to buy it outright, I don't think so... I know when the Torch came out, I had to wait a week before I could buy it outright (not that it mattered because I returned it...). They just released the Xperia Play and it is already available for full purchase price.

So... you may have to wait a bit, but not likely more that a week or so.
    mssca likes this.
    05-06-11 04:09 PM

You might be right... I look at brand new phones released by Rogers. They only have 3 year contracts. or have to pay in full. But it seems like after two or three weeks into the phone, they come up with 2 year plan.
    05-06-11 04:36 PM
    Will they allow me to go for a 2 year contract? My parents are not so happy for paying my University fees and plus for all the new phone upgrades I make in middle of three year contracts. I already broke a contact with Telus to upgrade to BB 9700 about a year ago.

Are you with switching to Rogers or staying with Telus? If you're staying with Telus, I believe you can buy the phone outright. It is Rogers and Bell who will not allow customers to buy some smartphones outright.

Didn't read your other posts. Rogers is "allowing" early upgrades now. So if you are a year within your 3 year term, you can do a HUP, but you'll have to pay more for the device.

Read this.

Rogers goes live with new “early upgrade” program | MobileSyrup.com
    Last edited by wirelessgal; 05-06-11 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Add more info.
    05-06-11 05:05 PM
    "MTN has indicated that the new BlackBerry Bold will be available from July 2011 in South Africa." - BlackBerry Bold 9900 SA launch details emerge

Surely that means it will be available in the US before then?? My thoughts is Mid-june
    05-07-11 05:42 AM
    Look forward to this new phone...wish it would be out in time for the end of June for my birthday but looks like it will be longer...
    05-07-11 06:40 AM
    I'm hoping you're the only one. Holiday season is way too far!
    Me too, if that happens I would cry a little.
    05-07-11 10:29 AM
    Me too, if that happens I would cry a little.
    I will not only cry, I will go into a depression if 9900 is delayed.
    05-07-11 11:09 AM
    It will be in the market before end of May.
    05-07-11 11:44 AM
    What gives you that impression?
    05-07-11 11:45 AM
    Vodafone UK says "soon" on the web site. Soon is the end of May.
    05-07-11 11:48 AM
    Vodafone UK says "soon" on the web site. Soon is the end of May.
    Soon can also be 2 months. Definitely not coming in May sorry
    05-07-11 12:24 PM
    Two months is not soon. It's "in 2 months".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 12:29 PM

Soon can definitely be many things, but they said summer so May is not an option.
    05-07-11 12:41 PM
    Soon can definitely be many things, but they said summer so May is not an option.
    in the UK summer starts Mid-May, so we'll get them before you lot then
    05-07-11 02:15 PM

I worked for Vodafone for over 18months and I can promise you "soon" to Vodafone could mean anything from TOMORROW to NEXT YEAR so do not get your hopes up on what that page says.

I cannot remember what phone it was (was an Android based device) was on there for 3 months before launch.
    05-07-11 02:24 PM
    Source? Or u just guessing?
    05-07-11 03:06 PM
    I'm hearing its the 3rd wednesday in June for Tmo customers *Rumor* as that can't be confirmed

05-07-11 04:44 PM
    love the optimism but more likely by end of May 2012 than 2011,

would like it asap but before Sept will be exceeding expectations
    05-07-11 07:20 PM
    Late 2011 or Early 2012 I think.
    05-08-11 06:08 AM
    Late 2011 or Early 2012 I think.
    lol, no, I'm more looking at 2014 or 2018...

dude come on, more and more carriers are announcing they will carry it, it would impossible to propose that 7 months prior to releasing it!
    05-08-11 08:12 AM
    has it been launched yet?
    05-08-11 03:07 PM
    Has at&t mentioned (or even acknowledged) it yet? I really don't want to pay full unlocked price when I have an upgrade that I can use.
    05-09-11 12:55 PM
    With Sprint already planning on a 4G Playbook, I would assume they'd be releasing the Bold 9930 around the same timeframe as at&t, Verizon and T-Mobile...I know Sprint pushed back the release of the Playbook 4G twice now (April 19th to May 08th to?) but maybe they wanna time them both around the same time late June? kinda of a Sprint exclusive one-two punch that the other three carriers wouldnt have...just a guess...but I'm hoping like **** Sprint gets the Bold 9930 out before end of June of 2011 lol
    05-09-11 01:05 PM
    Found some kind off advert at a Dutch social network site about the 9900. It said likely the same as the official Blackberry site states, so nothing special.

We're getting closer and closer..
    05-09-11 04:28 PM
343 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD