Is nobody else getting the rapid battery loss at around 40% to 0%?
    How old is your battery?
    08-09-13 04:00 PM
    Is nobody else getting the rapid battery loss at around 40% to 0%?
    I am. It has been like this since new (March 2013).
    The phone came with 7.1.0.714 and now has 7.1.0.1033.

I assumed that it was a non-linear scale, like car petrol gauges.
    08-10-13 05:11 AM
    I am. It has been like this since new (March 2013).
    The phone came with 7.1.0.714 and now has 7.1.0.1033.

I assumed that it was a non-linear scale, like car petrol gauges.
    My battery does not crash when it hits 40%. It takes time to get down below 20%. Something may be wrong with your battery.
    08-10-13 11:19 AM
    Hello. I've got the same problem:
    - I have been bought my new battery in May and every day after I've installed this OS around 40% without any notice my radio signal is down, many times when i speak with somebody - a thing that never happened before. The OS is very OK otherwise but I use this phone for work and is not very professional to hang out the phone in a middle of a conversation. I'll try to downgrade tonight to verify if with another OS this is happenig. My carrier is Orange and I live in Romania/
    08-10-13 12:50 PM
    I've had the phone (same battery) since August of 2011. Never had this problem until I upgraded to .1033 from .861 (I think?). I've since downgraded to .746 (I'm with Rogers in Canada) and oddly enough, yesterday my battery went from a full charge to dead within an hour. I thought it was actually dead (was using it quite a bit) so I just left it off. For some reason I decided to do a battery pull and once it rebooted I was at 50%. Really confused what's going on. Perhaps it's just a 2 year old battery nearing the end of its life? You'd think modern batteries would last longer...

Up until the update I was getting full days with fairly heavy usage on one charge.
    slayerjm likes this.
    08-10-13 04:15 PM
    I've had the phone (same battery) since August of 2011. Never had this problem until I upgraded to .1033 from .861 (I think?). I've since downgraded to .746 (I'm with Rogers in Canada) and oddly enough, yesterday my battery went from a full charge to dead within an hour. I thought it was actually dead (was using it quite a bit) so I just left it off. For some reason I decided to do a battery pull and once it rebooted I was at 50%. Really confused what's going on. Perhaps it's just a 2 year old battery nearing the end of its life? You'd think modern batteries would last longer...

Up until the update I was getting full days with fairly heavy usage on one charge.
    yeah same. here. i switched batteries as well, but no change. pretty frustrating.

battery goes from ~40% to dead almost instantly. and 2 seconds after i plug in the charger, i go from 0% to about 20%.
    08-10-13 11:14 PM
    yeah same. here. i switched batteries as well, but no change. pretty frustrating.

battery goes from ~40% to dead almost instantly. and 2 seconds after i plug in the charger, i go from 0% to about 20%.
    Mmhmm. I've noticed that if you do a battery pull it'll shoot back up to 50%. In any case I am going to stay on .746.
    08-11-13 03:21 PM
    I do not have this issue, my battery drains progressively until it reaches 16 or 15%. Usually that is when I charge it.
    This OS has proven flawless to me.
    08-12-13 06:24 AM
    not had any further problems here either & my batt is coming on 2yrs old now with constant use. My origional problem of the phone rebooting by its self once the battery got low appears to have gone, and i cycled through a discharge over the weekend & its been 'normal'
    08-12-13 11:02 AM
    Battery drain usually comes from constant running apps that are running on the background, do you guys (who have battery drain issue) have those kind of apps run on the background?
    08-12-13 09:40 PM
    Yes the original post is a jAllLang version.
    The difference is from the Japanese language inputs missing from Voda release, indicated by the small case J in front of AllLang.
    If you're not including Japanese anyway, there's no difference between what actually ends up on your device.
    I'd DL the Voda too if given choice, but it's no big deal if you've already DLed the other.
    And this is why I come to CrackBerry forums for more information
    LuisCast likes this.
    08-12-13 09:41 PM
    Battery drain usually comes from constant running apps that are running on the background, do you guys (who have battery drain issue) have those kind of apps run on the background?
    Nope. Like I said the battery life prior to my upgrade (and subsequent downgrade) was quite good.
    08-13-13 01:41 AM
    Nope. Like I said the battery life prior to my upgrade (and subsequent downgrade) was quite good.
    Most probably you're experiencing hardware problem, if it's not the battery, then it's most definetely related to the main board of your BlackBerry Bold 9900 (or is yours a 9930?).
    08-13-13 02:03 AM
    First impression of the update:
    Just finished install this v7.1.0.1033 /jAllLang from O2 UK, first thing to notice is it takes longer to boot up than previous versions. But I got to admit that I'm excited to see this update has the most complete language options I've ever seen, so this update is a good recommendation for everyone who wish to upgrade their Bold's OS.
    08-13-13 02:09 AM
    the link does not work .. anyone got another address
    08-13-13 11:56 AM
    the link does not work .. anyone got another address
    Take your pick from these:

Berryshout! Home of the Blackberry OS Version Tracker
    08-13-13 12:12 PM
    thank you, Much appreciated

os is very fast + smooth
    Last edited by murabi; 08-13-13 at 03:40 PM.
    08-13-13 12:15 PM
    Most probably you're experiencing hardware problem, if it's not the battery, then it's most definetely related to the main board of your BlackBerry Bold 9900 (or is yours a 9930?).
    9900, but very coincidental if the problems only started arising as soon as I updated...
    08-14-13 04:09 PM
    All in all this version looks ok, but on day 3 after installation i start getting notifications "The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery" even my BB is nowhere near the charger or any other cable. After battery pull it stopped doing that... for now...
    08-16-13 03:29 PM
    Anyone find that the mobile network seems to lose connection here and there? Never did it before.
    08-18-13 08:14 PM
    Guys I am baffed on which phone to get, the newly announced 9720 or the 9900? On the 9900 forums I see alot of people posting problems with the phone and also one person i know has told me he has problems with the phone, but I have never witnessed this as I dnt have the phone. Can a bold 9900 owner please tell me honestly, does the phone have many problems and bugs that makes the phone annoying? and does it work properly and smoothly as I've seen from youtube videos? which are 1 or more years old, cannot find recent ones so I dont really know how the performance is in 2013. I really like the look of the bold 9900 and feel of it and would love to get one, but if these problems are real and consistent for most 9900 owners then I'd have no choice but to get the 9720. And I know that phones out there will have problems, but reading from forums and what not it seems many devices have these problems, is it inevitable to have these problems? please help me out here!

thanks
    08-19-13 05:55 PM
    No, it is not inevitable to have these problems.

I have had my 9900 from new since March 2013 and I am really pleased with it as a business communication tool. There have been no annoying problems, or showstoppers.

It is hard to imagine a better phone for my needs.

I suggest you get your hands-in a 9720 (or Q5, which has the same keyboard) in a phone shop and compare the keyboard to the 9900. Then you will choose the 9900.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-20-13 07:15 AM
    Guys I am baffed on which phone to get, the newly announced 9720 or the 9900? On the 9900 forums I see alot of people posting problems with the phone and also one person i know has told me he has problems with the phone, but I have never witnessed this as I dnt have the phone. Can a bold 9900 owner please tell me honestly, does the phone have many problems and bugs that makes the phone annoying? and does it work properly and smoothly as I've seen from youtube videos? which are 1 or more years old, cannot find recent ones so I dont really know how the performance is in 2013. I really like the look of the bold 9900 and feel of it and would love to get one, but if these problems are real and consistent for most 9900 owners then I'd have no choice but to get the 9720. And I know that phones out there will have problems, but reading from forums and what not it seems many devices have these problems, is it inevitable to have these problems? please help me out here!

thanks
    Have had my 9900 for just over 2 years and other than user error I have not had a single issue with it. Nuff said !!!
    fahar and Ice_Cold_Q like this.
    08-20-13 08:16 AM
    No, it is not inevitable to have these problems.

I have had my 9900 from new since March 2013 and I am really pleased with it as a business communication tool. There have been no annoying problems, or showstoppers.

It is hard to imagine a better phone for my needs.

I suggest you get your hands-in a 9720 (or Q5, which has the same keyboard) in a phone shop and compare the keyboard to the 9900. Then you will choose the 9900.
    Yeah I actually cnt compare the 2 in the phone shops as out here in the UK no phone shop(tmobile, vodafone etc) sells the bold 9900 no more but I did get to see the Q5 and I didnt like the keyboard, was abit too flat and flush, I liked how the old curve keyboard was raised and the tactile feedback on it, however this might be different on the 9720 so lets wait and see

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:22 AM
    Elite,
    I follow the steps given, but after shrink os with BBHtools and load file my phone cannot display chhinese character.But this os are all language. Please give me some advise.
    08-21-13 03:38 AM
110 12345