10-22-13 07:59 AM
110 1234 ...
tools
    I've been using the 1033 release for a week or so now. I downloaded the one from the previous post mentioned above. This is without a doubt the best OS I've had on my Bold 9900: battery life is improved, the Bold is now very speedy and battery pulls seem to be a thing of the past. The other thing I have noticed is that on my previous OS, when I had a lot of applications installed, the phone would slow down and I would have to uninstall some of them to get the phone to work again. 1033 has eliminated this fault which I presume was a memory leak.

Don't hesitate - give this release a go now.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-03-13 04:06 PM
    on 1033 for a week. 28hrs and counting for battery life on this os - upgraded from 861 which hardly got me to the end of the night without a top up charge with same use. I was impressed enough to make this my first post.

I recommend.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-04-13 08:24 PM
    In Network and Connections> Mobile Networks the option to switch from 2G to 3G/4G is missing for me. I shrunk the OS so I'm wondering if that is the reason why its not there
    08-04-13 09:24 PM
    on 1033 for a week. 28hrs and counting for battery life on this os - upgraded from 861 which hardly got me to the end of the night without a top up charge with same use. I was impressed enough to make this my first post.

I recommend.

28 hours?? Do you never use your phone?
    08-04-13 10:04 PM
    Do I Lose My Guarantee When I Update OS From Vodafone to O2 uk ? ?? It's Kinda fu.. up because i got my new BOLD 9900 2 weeks ago and it's broke i mean the trackpad is tripping in some options , in the browser , the delete button doesn't work anymore ! , and when i turn off the phone i have to make a battery pull to turn it on again ! I Made a Thread about this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post8947862 So I'm Wondering To TRy REinstall a new OS or sent it back ??!!
    08-05-13 12:30 AM
    Mann , Could NOT - BB, go to BBM BBSAK or BBMCP BBH Tool (not as updated as BBHT). Man is Cool Chinese Any Different Anyway If I Reinstal My OS And Don't Back Up Nothing , Cauz I Got My Phone Fresh And It's Broke , I Mean Can I Reinstal It Without Backing Up ? Just simple Reinstal OS ?
    08-05-13 01:11 AM
    kazin:
    moderate use - a few calls, bbnews/ twitter, some web, text and email, and - on this charge - a few wifi downloads of podcasts.

08-05-13 06:52 AM
    In Network and Connections> Mobile Networks the option to switch from 2G to 3G/4G is missing for me. I shrunk the OS so I'm wondering if that is the reason why its not there
    Your carrier most likely removed the option so you can no longer decide which network element the phone uses.

I still have the option on all of my phones (o2 UK & T-Mob/EE UK)
    08-05-13 11:45 AM
    And just a quick update - the phone appears to be a lot happier today, though it had a little fit last night when the battery was low.

Rebooted its self twice for no reason - came up with the battery too low for radio, but then rebooted by its self again and gave me radio with 5% battery...

I left it to run down, then gave it a full charge - today so far it appears happier and I'm on 40% still (Though not much use besides a little browsing and a couple of calls)

I shall keep an eye, otherwise its looking generally OK for me & not noticed any other problems as yet. 1 thing I did notice was the compass app got fixed a few versions ago and since then I've not had to go through the silly figure of 8 setup every time I load the app which is nice!

Not had much time to see if GPS has improved, but I did have to use it the other day (With google maps) and it appeared to work a little faster to get an initial lock than in the past (Although I may still of had valid almanac data)
    08-05-13 11:49 AM
    I did it. Never been happier with my 9900!!!
    08-05-13 04:28 PM
    Hello, i have a AT&T 9900, this update have the option to switch to 2g in the AT&T phones???
    08-06-13 06:37 AM
    Hello, i have a AT&T 9900, this update have the option to switch to 2g in the AT&T phones???
    Gone forever, blocked by your carrier.
    08-06-13 07:25 AM
    So, there is any way i where i can have that option?

08-06-13 11:43 AM
    I have downloaded the new OSes many many times and successfully updated my Bold 9900 but not this one. I deleted all the existing OS from my lap top downloaded this OS from O2 and Voda DE but some how neither the BBSAK or the Desktop Loader recognizes this software at all. I have deleted the vendor.xml file and did everything I can think of but the loader shows no sign of budging. I wonder what I am doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.
    08-06-13 04:37 PM
    I am on Vodafone UK and have downloaded the Vodafone DE version. Do I have to delete the vendor files, or can I leave them? I am not sure if the vendor files include country-specific network settings.
    08-07-13 03:04 AM
    I answered my own question once I had taken a look at the vendor XML file.
    Vendor file deleted, new OS installed, everything restored and now up-and-running.
    The download and upgrade processes went smoothly with no problems or error messages.
    All of my apps and messages were re-loaded automatically.
    Just needed to re-register a few things.
    08-07-13 06:50 AM
    So, there is any way i where i can have that option?

Not unless you find a very old OS where they where not able to block the selection, or find a new carrier who will let you pick.

That's it - sorry!
    08-07-13 11:22 AM
    I have downloaded the new OSes many many times and successfully updated my Bold 9900 but not this one. I deleted all the existing OS from my lap top downloaded this OS from O2 and Voda DE but some how neither the BBSAK or the Desktop Loader recognizes this software at all. I have deleted the vendor.xml file and did everything I can think of but the loader shows no sign of budging. I wonder what I am doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.
    Sounds like you have a second "hidden" vendor.xml file.

Search your hard drive making sure that you enable the search for hidden files option.

Should sort your issue, when I downloaded this OS for the first time in many OS's I found 2 vendor files.
    08-07-13 12:20 PM
    I can't believe I missed out. I'm going to load this up and skip .925. Clean state this time, so it can get silky smooth!
    08-07-13 08:10 PM
    And since most people have jumped to Q & Z land and this thread is still quite quite - no more problems with the phone so far - battery (though mines getting a bit old now) appears to be holding up quite well & this OS *appears* to be one of the better ones so far. If I get some time over the weekend I'll let the phone discharge again and see if it decides to get into a reboot situation again like the last time.
    08-08-13 11:47 AM
    I realise the importance of BB10, but it's a shame that this release isn't considered worthy enough to be news anymore.
    08-08-13 09:19 PM
    Is nobody else getting the rapid battery loss at around 40% to 0%?
    08-08-13 09:48 PM
    Is nobody else getting the rapid battery loss at around 40% to 0%?
    If your battery is old, like more than a year old, just replace it. I got mine for less than 10 dollars.
    08-09-13 02:01 AM
    Yea I had that same issue but i got a new battery recently
    08-09-13 11:02 AM
    What's the verdict on whether to use the O2 version or the Vodafone DE version?
    08-09-13 01:40 PM
110 1234 ...