New official software for 9900 7.1.0.1033 from O2 UK

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2807 (All Languages)

Package Version : 7.1.0.2807
    Consisting of Applications : 7.1.0.1033
    Software Platform : 5.1.0.692
    File name : 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2807_PL5.1.0.692_A7.1.0.1 033_O2_UK.exe
    File size : 287.67MB

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3C6D7A522D3AE2
    07-31-13 07:20 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    luke.trevorrow and MKDS like this.
    07-31-13 08:51 PM
    Made this is a Sticky in Bold 9900 Forum.
    07-31-13 08:52 PM
    Hey guys.
    I have been trying to update my phone for like an hour.I did everything elite1 wrote,downloaded vendelete+ but when I try to update I get the error ''there is no new blackberry update,your phone is up to date''
    Its been an hour.Any ideas fellas? My phone is Blackberry 9900 v7.1.0.912
    08-01-13 07:19 AM
    Hey guys.
    I have been trying to update my phone for like an hour.I did everything elite1 wrote,downloaded vendelete+ but when I try to update I get the error ''there is no new blackberry update,your phone is up to date''
    Its been an hour.Any ideas fellas? My phone is Blackberry 9900 v7.1.0.912
    if you have installed it to your pc and used vendelete, try restarting the pc...
    08-01-13 08:25 AM
    if you have installed it to your pc and used vendelete, try restarting the pc...
    Yes sir I do restart my PC everytime but It does not work.I have been updateing my phone for years it's the first time something like this happened.
    08-01-13 09:03 AM
    I found a second vendor.xml file when loading this os.

Do the search manually using elite 1's guide or do a search of your hard drive, could well be the problem.
    08-01-13 09:34 AM
    Weeks ago 7.1.0.1033 was released in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rested-828754/

So this is the same? Rel etc are the same.
    08-01-13 09:38 AM
    Weeks ago 7.1.0.1033 was released in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rested-828754/

Original thread was a leaked OS, someone has reposted it now it has been officially released, but it is the same OS.
    08-01-13 10:17 AM
    I have been using this for like couple hours I have managed to Install ( at last for gods sake )
    It seems that is the best I have ever used.I always use the phone with 3G on (got a charger in car,and extra with me)
    Its been hours and battery is still %80 percent.Havent seen any bugs everything works just fine.I'll re-write in 2 days guys.Adios
    08-01-13 12:42 PM
    Can I install this OS but use the Radio file from 7.1.0.714 as that works best with my carrier
    08-01-13 02:58 PM
    Installed without incident while I was in the shower. Re-activated on my BES & everything appears 'normal' I'll see what happens over the next few days of normal use.
    08-01-13 03:58 PM
    Can I install this OS but use the Radio file from 7.1.0.714 as that works best with my carrier
    Nope, that didn't go well. Got an App Error 200 after the installation was done
    08-01-13 04:06 PM
    I've tried four times now. But after the update, the system shows it is Bundle 1997. It seems to be downgraded to older version. I just don't get it. Does any one have same issue?
    08-01-13 08:46 PM
    Hey guys.
    I did everything elite1 wrote,downloaded vendelete+ but when I try to update I get the error ''there is no new blackberry update,your phone is up to date''
    just wondering...you said that you downloaded vendelete+....but did you try to run it? If not, the vendor.xml files were not deleted and your phone will not detect the new OS.

Also, there was a time when despite the vendor files having been deleted, Desktop Software still did not detect the new OS. But BBSAK did.
    08-01-13 10:23 PM
    Guy this is the best OS ever in my opinion! And if you download BL Ultimate 1st Anniversary Hybrid with it.BEST BECOMES BETTER!
    Ty Crackberry
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-02-13 07:22 AM
    Not going too well so far. Phone *appears* to take much longer to charge on any form of charger. Battery appears to drain faster though I'm going to give it a few more days to see if it will settle down & behave.
    08-02-13 02:48 PM
    Original thread was a leaked OS, someone has reposted it now it has been officially released, but it is the same OS.
    hi Legal Eagle, is it the same os like the one from previous thread or there is some changes.
    already installed from previous thread

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-02-13 09:48 PM
    Software Download for Vodafone DE

Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2807 (All Languages)

BlackBerry - Software Downloads 2

Published Date: 08/02/2013
    Sovereign17 and Elite1 like this.
    08-02-13 11:44 PM
    Vodaphone DE version full unextracted package is 6MB smaller. 281MB. Hmmm. I'm installing Vodaphone's now.
    08-03-13 07:34 AM
    Not going too well so far. Phone *appears* to take much longer to charge on any form of charger. Battery appears to drain faster though I'm going to give it a few more days to see if it will settle down & behave.
    My battery was running out in 10 hours dude with this update its my 28th hour,I have used the phone a lot and still have %15 charge left.
    08-03-13 10:05 AM
    Software Download for Vodafone DE

Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2807 (All Languages)

BlackBerry - Software Downloads 2

Published Date: 08/02/2013
    Gonna try it a week later thank you.
    08-03-13 10:07 AM
    Gonna try it a week later thank you.
    No it's the same identical OS. They were only advising that Voda had just released.

You can't actually update from the identical OS anyway. Not unless you wipe the device first at least.
    But seriously, there's no point!

This is how you CB10, son!
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    08-03-13 01:17 PM
    Vodaphone DE version full unextracted package is 6MB smaller. 281MB. Hmmm. I'm installing Vodaphone's now.
    Yes the original post is a jAllLang version.

The difference is from the Japanese language inputs missing from Voda release, indicated by the small case J in front of AllLang.

If you're not including Japanese anyway, there's no difference between what actually ends up on your device.
    I'd DL the Voda too if given choice, but it's no big deal if you've already DLed the other.

Joe Clean likes this.
    08-03-13 01:21 PM

I didn't like how the original thread linked to their own site, not to a direct DL from BBRY. And they didn't seem to understand from where they obtained the OS. Just didn't give me the warm fuzzies...

The older thread is closed now and had the external links removed. Post #1 has a link to this thread now.

LudwigvonKast likes this.
    08-03-13 01:26 PM
110 123 ...