Well, since there's not one, there must be no changes then, I actually think I saw some users yesterday reporting that .484 was more stable.
    04-27-11 11:13 AM
    well this is how my battery life's been with this OS so far:

[IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
    04-27-11 12:47 PM
    AGAIN having this freaking issue with the dropdown menu and my calendar. It's killing me, I need this working.

See screenshot.
    Pal, have you done a clean install? Backup your device, do a security wipe and then a device wipe with BBSAK.

Load the latest offical and see what happens. Only then load your backup and apps.
    04-27-11 01:26 PM
    Is this a PC only executable? Or can I still run it to my BB via mac?
    04-27-11 01:50 PM
    Is this a PC only executable? Or can I still run it to my BB via mac?
    All OS builds are PC only, unless it's an official version from your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 02:32 PM
    hey, n00b here, will be getting my first blackberry in a few days, couple of questions,
    1) does this have any sort of branding on it a.k.a boot logo's etc?
    2) will this work on a unlocked UK handset?

Thanks
    04-27-11 05:09 PM
    ? puedo ponerle ese OS , a mi Blackberry 9780 de Tmobile USA ?

si puedes!
    04-27-11 10:36 PM
    hey, n00b here, will be getting my first blackberry in a few days, couple of questions,
    1) does this have any sort of branding on it a.k.a boot logo's etc?
    2) will this work on a unlocked UK handset?

Thanks
    1) No, branding doesn't come from the software, it's hard-coded into the device
    2) Yes, any 9780 software will work on any 9780, on any network, in any country

04-28-11 12:13 AM
    OK, so after re-charging my phone yesterday morning, I can officially say that the battery life has improved A LOT! I used to run about 75% every 24 hours at normal usage. Its been about 23 hours since my last charge on .534 and I've only used 30%. So far that's been the only thing very noticable to me since upgrading from .480. Hope that helps.

04-28-11 02:46 AM
    How do you guys get such amazng battery lfie? It seems like even when it's idle it drains.
    Or am I acting like a baby and do I have a decent log?
    I run bbm, open ubertwitter once in a while than shut it back ever tweeting/reading, open up gmail app and shut it down after reafing my emals and last but not least I browse CrackBerry.
    Music player once in a while when i'm in the bus or so and my wifi on when i'm at home but no outrage usage.
    Here's my log:

Last edited by Sveninho; 04-28-11 at 03:35 PM.
    04-28-11 03:13 PM
    Like the topic states I've had my phone's ping alert alert go off twice this week. The bad part is I started a new job on Monday and I'm in a training class. All cell phones are supposed to be off as part of the class rules we all agreed on..lol. My phone was on silent on monday in my coat pocket and It just went crazy "ping,ping,ping,ping,ping,ping,ping,ping" until I removed the battery. I took the battery out until I was done. Tuesday went by without incident and then yesterday same thing happened again. Note: it woildnt respond to end or volume down key or anything.. It would keep pinging until I removed the battery. The first time it was on silent. The second time it was on "all alerts off". I've never had this happen to me before. I upgraded to .534 from .480 about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else experiencing this? I'm trying to determine if it's an OS issue or hardware issue. Not to mention it's embarassing to have your phone go off crazy when on silent or alerts off.

04-28-11 04:22 PM
    I am running 6.0.0.285 on my 9780.
    I have had many issues.
    Sometimes when (using the default theme) I will hit the notification banner
    and when I scroll down past the calendar info, to the social section,
    sometimes my cursor will hide. I can still select what is "highlighted" it just does not show it is highlighted.
    Also, when I have several apps set as favorites, and then I change theme,
    the favorites are all gone (using theme that is similar to default).
    If I go to the actual app, it shows it is still set as fav. Try to un fav and
    it wont. Reboot does nothing. I have to switch back to the default theme
    and then reboot before they show up again.
    Also using a custom theme with a weather slot, the only icon that will show is an email. try to move weather app to the correct slot, it just will not show.
    Then if I go to the App Screen, it shows 2 weather icons.
    I am wondering if anyone else has had these issues, or anything similar, and
    upgrading to this newest OS fixed it.
    04-28-11 10:21 PM
    I am running 6.0.0.285 on my 9780.
    I have had many issues.
    Sometimes when (using the default theme) I will hit the notification banner
    and when I scroll down past the calendar info, to the social section,
    sometimes my cursor will hide. I can still select what is "highlighted" it just does not show it is highlighted.
    Also, when I have several apps set as favorites, and then I change theme,
    the favorites are all gone (using theme that is similar to default).
    If I go to the actual app, it shows it is still set as fav. Try to un fav and
    it wont. Reboot does nothing. I have to switch back to the default theme
    and then reboot before they show up again.
    Also using a custom theme with a weather slot, the only icon that will show is an email. try to move weather app to the correct slot, it just will not show.
    Then if I go to the App Screen, it shows 2 weather icons.
    I am wondering if anyone else has had these issues, or anything similar, and
    You are running the OS the phone came with out of the box.
    Upgrading to .534 wil absolutly make a difference.
    Download it and upgrade that badboy of yours!

04-29-11 01:46 AM
    ...I am wondering if anyone else has had these issues, or anything similar, and
    Yup, those are all known bugs in .285

Upgrading to anything .480 or above will fix those

04-29-11 04:02 AM
    Forgive my ignorance, but i need help in downloading OS 6.0.0.534 to my device. I downloaded to laptop - shows in control panel and desktop manager, but not able to download to device. Help! I'm with T-mobile, does this make a difference?
    04-29-11 11:26 AM
    delete file vendor.xml, then do the update via BDS or loader.exe
    kofoe likes this.
    04-29-11 08:27 PM
    what about the battery?
    is 448 better than 534 or the other way around?
    04-30-11 03:56 AM
    534 is the later OS

04-30-11 08:19 AM
    Please somebody what is the difference between this and .480 ?
    I want to know the difference
    05-01-11 04:45 PM
    Please somebody what is the difference between this and .480 ?
    I want to know the difference
    There are no discernable differences. Both are just maintenance releases with minor bug fixes.

If you want to know that badly... try it out for yourself
    05-01-11 05:46 PM
    I can attest to the improved battery life. Normally after ~24 hours, I'm at 50%. With .534 I'm at 70% today after playing a two podcasts with the speaker, emails, BBM, texts, and heavy usage of SocialScope.

My only problem with this so far is that I no longer get the prompt to delete my emails. Before, I'd get to choose to delete from the device, mailbox, or both. Now I just get a prompt to delete or cancel. When I delete, it doesn't sync with any of my email accounts. Anyone else seen this?
    05-02-11 05:59 PM
    How do I update my Blackberry 9780? I completely forgot the process
    05-02-11 06:48 PM
    My only problem with this so far is that I no longer get the prompt to delete my emails. Before, I'd get to choose to delete from the device, mailbox, or both. Now I just get a prompt to delete or cancel. When I delete, it doesn't sync with any of my email accounts. Anyone else seen this?
    Messages > Menu > Options > Email Reconciliation > Delete On = Prompt, Wireless Reconcile = check
    05-02-11 07:19 PM
    How do I update my Blackberry 9780? I completely forgot the process
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    05-02-11 07:21 PM
    Messages > Menu > Options > Email Reconciliation > Delete On = Prompt, Wireless Reconcile = check
    I had that selected already. Any other suggestions from the community?

05-02-11 08:32 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD