09-04-11 01:51 PM
130 12345 ...
tools
    Who doesn't this software show up in blackberry desktop software? Does everyone need to do all this steps to get his phones software updated?
    02-09-11 01:52 PM
    @matrix - how do you shrink your OS and where can I get a BB Boss as you mentioned. Appreciate of you can provide instructions. Thanks!
    1) Download and install BB Boss

Run BB Boss, then carefully start checking the boxes of the components you will not use, like all the languages, all the carrier themes, the built in wallpapers, videos, etc; all the chat/messaging applications that you know you never use, social feeds, podcasts, etc.....

After selecting all the components / languages you want to shrink, click on the Add/Remove button on the bottom right to initialize the shrinking process, when it is over, you will see at the bottom by how much was your OS shrinked (in MB)

2) Navigate to:
    Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

Then delete the file named vendor.xml

3) Run apploader.exe within that same folder to start the OS update.

4) While getting the options of components to install, you should now see much less as you have shrinked your OS, however, still do a final check to ensure that everything that is checked is something you actually use.

I would personally not bother with social feeds as well as it is of no use to me, saves me some space not to have it.

What social feeds does is it interlinks all your social apps such as facebook and BBM, twitter, etc, into one application, so for example if you want to set your status as gone on holidays, you don't need to do it on each application seperately, social feeds will do it for all in one step. Still, I personally dont need that.

Next come podcasts, if you don't deselect that during the installation it automatically gets installed, again, useless to me.
    TuneIn radio is much better IMO.

Last, I do not install Appworld as I can just download the apps manually from the websites, that saves me some good space too.

If you do the above tricks, you should not run into many memory problems.

Regards,

Matrix Leader
    Follow the white bunny...
    02-09-11 01:57 PM
    Hi Matrix Leader bro,

Had some urgent problem here. I did a manual BBSAK to wipe off my 9780 os. now i;m stuck at this errror 507 screen. how do i go abt to install the latest os.. pls help..

Thanks
    Restart your PC then repeat the process following the below Matrix guidlines

1) Download BBSAK 1.9.1

2) Run BBSAK then click on WIPE DEVICE, when asked to enter a password, leave it blank incase you don't have a password on your device.

3) Wait for a few seconds till you get the confirmation that it was done.

4) Now your device has no operating system and you should see a white screen on the BB

5) Download the OS you want, ensuring that you uninstall any previous OS from the Control panel

6) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

7) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

8) Delete the file named vendor.xml

9) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

10) Run loader.exe from that same folder then proceed to installing your OS.

11) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy. (Incase you were given 2 choices whether to leave the applications intact or to downgrade them to the original versions, choose the 2nd option which is to downgrade them, this will ensure you have a completely fresh installation)
    Last edited by Matrix Leader; 02-09-11 at 02:02 PM.
    Vatel and lifeinview like this.
    02-09-11 01:59 PM
    Anyone an idea? (at my post before this one)
    02-09-11 02:15 PM
    Who doesn't this software show up in blackberry desktop software? Does everyone need to do all this steps to get his phones software updated?
    If your carrier had released an OS upgrade, then it would show in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

However, as you are aware, each carrier takes their own sweet time to update to the next OS, in this case, you will have to manually download the OS, delete the vendor.xml file to allow you to install the OS regardless of the carrier, then proceed

hope this clears up the query

Should you have any further clarifications, please do not to ask.

Matrix Leader
    follow the white fluffy bunny
    02-09-11 02:22 PM
    Matrix Loader hows the hybrid OS holding out? I lost the link for it. I'm expecting a new 9780 shortly and will go your route. You have the link please? Thanks
    02-09-11 02:43 PM
    so whats new in this version anyways?
    02-09-11 07:43 PM
    Matrix Loader hows the hybrid OS holding out? I lost the link for it. I'm expecting a new 9780 shortly and will go your route. You have the link please? Thanks

It was great dude, but as per my experience, the leaked 448 is better than the Hybrid.
    02-09-11 09:38 PM
    Seems to be a little smoother, bbm cursor still missing and the option to view call logs and contacts its pretty cool
    02-10-11 12:01 AM
    Hi everyone,I'm come from VietNam so I have to use autotext to typing VietNammmese on sms or mail,when I use Off 285 or 294,it just spend 1 or 2',last night,i was update my BB to Off 448 and i can't restore the autext file,althought it still working but i spend for more 3 hours to connect it to my pc and run restore,it still not complete.Does everyone have same problem??
    02-10-11 12:47 AM
    I have the leaked .448 installed already . When i tried installing it , the app-loader says , no need of upgrade .
    How do i install this now ?
    02-10-11 09:19 AM
    I have the leaked .448 installed already . When i tried installing it , the app-loader says , no need of upgrade .
    How do i install this now ?
    You already have .448 installed... the leaked and official versions are the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 09:23 AM
    True, all 448 OSes are the same, leaked or official
    02-10-11 09:38 AM
    I downloaded the official version the other day and am noticing one thing that is driving me crazy. In my calendar, I cannot not change my initial view to month. When I change it and save it it automatically goes back to the day view.

also, when adding a new appointment, the default email address that is used should be my personal email address, but for some reason it's Groups. I have made sure that my CCE was listed as my email address and everything.

i hope this makes sense.

Other than this minor issue, I think everything else is great!
    02-10-11 12:27 PM
    I downloaded the official version the other day and am noticing one thing that is driving me crazy. In my calendar, I cannot not change my initial view to month. When I change it and save it it automatically goes back to the day view.

also, when adding a new appointment, the default email address that is used should be my personal email address, but for some reason it's Groups. I have made sure that my CCE was listed as my email address and everything.

i hope this makes sense.

I'm not experiencing either of these issues in .448, try this:-

1) Calendar > Options > Calendar Display And Actions > Initial View = Month

2) Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services > Calendar (CICAL) = your personal email account

02-10-11 12:40 PM

i hope this makes sense.

I am also on .448 and am not experiencing this. Try Phil's advice.
    02-10-11 03:32 PM
    How come we have to stickies of 359 but not a sticky of this official 448?
    02-10-11 03:55 PM
    I'm not experiencing either of these issues in .448, try this:-

1) Calendar > Options > Calendar Display And Actions > Initial View = Month

2) Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services > Calendar (CICAL) = your personal email account

Thanks so much Phil for your help! I was able to change the CICAL address by switching it to one of my other accounts and then switching it back. What you told me to do for the initial ciew issue I had already been doing and tried it again. That still didn't work. It's as if it's not saving my changes. Any other suggestions? It's more an annoying thing for me than anything. I hate for my bb to have issues despite how minor they may be.

02-10-11 05:07 PM
    After upgrade to leaked 6.0.0.448 my 9780 would no longer connect via bluetooth to my car for hands free. I downgraded back to .359 and the bluetooth worked. Did a full wipe and tried .448 again and bluetooth connectivity issues returned. I wouldn't think that the protocols would be so different that my hands free bluetooth won't operate on .448.

I posted this problem in the Bluetooth Central Forums and received no response. If anyone has a solution, please fee free to PM me. Thanks.
    02-10-11 05:28 PM
    Hi can anyone confirm, does this solve the cursor issue on BBM?
    02-10-11 05:42 PM
    As far as I can tell so far it fixed the issues for me. Pressing "R" now allows me to reply and if my text/bbm gets too long I no longer have to scroll down to see it. Hope this helps.

02-10-11 06:00 PM
    i also have the same problem as you, initially it doesn't want to change, so i change it to week view, save it, open it again to check it, and then change it again to month and save.
    works for me now.

Thanks so much Phil for your help! I was able to change the CICAL address by switching it to one of my other accounts and then switching it back. What you told me to do for the initial ciew issue I had already been doing and tried it again. That still didn't work. It's as if it's not saving my changes. Any other suggestions? It's more an annoying thing for me than anything. I hate for my bb to have issues despite how minor they may be.

02-11-11 12:39 AM
    No the BBM Cursor is hidden, if you want to have it, stick to OS 359
    02-11-11 01:54 AM
    I upgraded to 448 via apploader. Everything seems to be ok, EXCEPT I lost all my BBM messages. No biggie. FYI, if your BBM messages are important to you.
    02-11-11 02:46 AM
    The new OS works great, and it has improved my battery life significantly
    02-11-11 04:33 AM
130 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD