hello here im pretty new here can someone please help me out im trying to upgrade os on my 9780 runing on att currently using .294 but when i try to upgrade using DM i get the following pop up window: there was an error updating your software one or more modules could not be resolved can anyone help me out ???
    Where does the popup appear, your computer or the phone screen?

I suggest you start by telling us which OS version you are trying to load, and which version of DM. AFAIK your network (AT&T) doesn't have official support for 9780 so the network origin of your phone might also be relevant to the discussion. It shouldn't prevent getting it working but there are a few extra steps to load a "non-home network" OS.

Please also add a bit of info about why you can't use the existing OS. It should work even if it is getting old, so there may be some clues there.
    03-07-11 03:47 PM
    hello here im pretty new here can someone please help me out im trying to upgrade os on my 9780 runing on att currently using .294 but when i try to upgrade using DM i get the following pop up window: there was an error updating your software one or more modules could not be resolved can anyone help me out ???
    That error message appears when you leave your PC internet connection switched on whilst attempting to upgrade.

DM6 connects to the internet during the update process, and if your device ID doesn't match the OS vendor ID (which it won't ), the module error appears.

Do a quick search to ensure the vendor.xml file is deleted, switch off your PC internet connection, connect up your phone, and try again
    03-07-11 04:02 PM
    I don'mt understand why would anyone install 448 when 480 is out, is much better, better battery life, no bugs as far as BBM Cursor or Browser cursor being hidden....its the best 9780 OS so far....

Official or leak are the same, being official is in no way better or different than a leak. it's just that a carrier had the luxury of time to run all their specific tests on it and declared it official , the OS itself is the same as a leaked.

Tip: I would never use the BlackBerry DesktopManager to do an upgrade...

The better way is to just download the OS, (ensure BlackBerry Desktop MAnager is not running) delete the vendor.xml file, then run loader.exe and proceed with the upgrade, works much better.
    dj.acidburnt and TheElement like this.
    03-07-11 09:55 PM
    I don'mt understand why would anyone install 448 when 480 is out, is much better, better battery life, no bugs as far as BBM Cursor or Browser cursor being hidden....its the best 9780 OS so far....

Official or leak are the same, being official is in no way better or different than a leak. it's just that a carrier had the luxury of time to run all their specific tests on it and declared it official , the OS itself is the same as a leaked.
    WRONG!

There is no difference between a version before and after approval, but many builds have bugs and never get approved.

There is a huge difference in provenance between an approved and supported version downloaded from an official soutce, OR a leak downloaded from an unofficial site where the software could have been subject to third party tampering or the addition of other malware in the installer scripts. That doesn't mean all leaks have been hacked, but there is a much higher probability the official version is clean. For a business user this may be as critical as remaining employed or getting fired.
    03-08-11 08:16 AM
    where can i download the latest version 480 at?
    03-08-11 11:57 AM
    where can i download the latest version 480 at?
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

I just downloaded it from the above link... per Matrix Leader

Will be upgrading shortly! Can't wait considering I'm running the stock T-Mobile garbage from day 1.
    03-08-11 12:04 PM
    This was as good as a hole in a bucket ! battery drained like water un believable .. downgraded to .359

some 3rd party app probs

IM plus
    03-08-11 05:57 PM
    I did an update & my version is v6.0.0.285
    03-10-11 12:06 PM
    Actually not an update. Mine came with this version pre installed on it.
    03-10-11 12:06 PM
    If you have any future information please don't hesitate to le us know.
    03-10-11 12:07 PM
    Not sure why we need a whole separate thread asking about Sticky thread, which seems to cover the topic - except to say the same in both threads.

This is really simple. No idea why so many posts, none saying what to actually do.

1. The new release is out. Load your Desktop Manager. Tether 9780.
    2. The way you know the new release is out is, from Home Screen :
    (a) Press BB key
    (b) Press Open Tray selection
    (c) Slide Trackball to wrench Options
    (d) Press Trackball
    (e) Slide Trackball to Device
    (f) Press Trackball
    (g) Slide Trackball to Software Updates
    (h) Press Trackball
    (i) Press Update your software with Trackball Press
    3. After 45 minutes, you will be asked to let the apps have access say yes to all. How simple is that ?
    4. (a) - (e) above again. Then press About Device Versions. It will read v6.0.0.448

If you think you know more about software than the manufacturer and than your carrier, and need someone to hold your hand to keep up-to-date on the current OS6 release bundle, please continue with questions about why you should stay current.

If you love not having Column View and think it is some waste of time, or too simple - then, by all means please continue to post posts picking up mid-stream in what you do to install v6.0.0.448 and link us to some site where you get something that no one knows how to install it.

If you don't keep track of what your logins and passwords are in March 2011, whose fault is that that a major release of the product you rely upon everywhere you go, requires that you must login and type your password 1 time per app ? How many apps require you to sign in on your device ?

When you open your standard BlackBerry 9780 Browser now, with Bundle 1879 v6.0.0.448, you can double-click in an open area on the WebPages, and it will provide you simple, Press the Space Bar, viewing of properly rendered WebPages and you will be able to read the Internet with your BlackBerry Bold 9780 as you did on your OS5 with Column View on your 9700. This still does not work on all WebPages, like the 9700 OS5 Column View.

1. Is there a column view option as described by so many users ? If there is, how exactly is it accessed to set it as default as on the 9700 OS5 where I can read the Internet please on this device ?
    2. Where did all the other applications go to on my BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.1 that were there ?
    3. How do I actually delete some junk software items on my BB, not just hide the icons ?

If you posted to this thread that Column View is added back in in .448, why didn't you go ahead and list what exactly you did to turn it on on your BB ?
    03-12-11 04:03 AM
    I loaded .480 and it also does not have any column view. What are all the posters to Crackberry.com, talking about please ? Thank you.
    03-13-11 09:00 AM
    I loaded .480 and it also does not have any column view. What are all the posters to Crackberry.com, talking about please ? Thank you.
    Column View as an option, which was seen in OS5, does not exist in OS6... and it never will.

However the feature of word-wrapping text centrally on a page when zoomed, does exist in .480

Column View/word-wrap, call it what you like. It's the same thing in principal.

That's what we're talking about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    RichardR.Smith.atl likes this.
    03-13-11 09:17 AM
    Column View as an option, which was seen in OS5, does not exist in OS6... and it never will.

However the feature of word-wrapping text centrally on a page when zoomed, does exist in .480

Column View/word-wrap, call it what you like. It's the same thing in principal.

That's what we're talking about

Here is a site URL that I cannot read using the latest .480 release Phil :

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Ticket Information - The University of Georgia Bulldogs

It is too small to be read. Unusable.

When I zoom, it does not word wrap.

I am left with moving my mouse left to right. I cannot use the OS6 to read the Internet on this page right here, for example.
    03-13-11 09:02 PM
    Is battery life really bad with .448 ? That's all I want to know at this point.
    03-14-11 12:34 AM
    Here is a site URL that I cannot read using the latest .480 release Phil :

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Ticket Information - The University of Georgia Bulldogs

It is too small to be read. Unusable.

When I zoom, it does not word wrap.

I am left with moving my mouse left to right. I cannot use the OS6 to read the Internet on this page right here, for example.
    Yup, that's a poorly written/configured webpage

The designer who wrote that page has incorporated the image into the column, so the text and the image form one single column.

As the column is already wrapped to fit the page, you can't wrap it any further to increase the text size.
    If the page was created as 2 separate columns (text and image), then you could wrap the text to fill the entire screen.

Word-wrap only works when the magnifying glass icon appears, and in this case it doesn't.
    Zooming in alone does not wrap the text, and it never has on any webkit browser.

Last edited by Phill_UK; 03-14-11 at 04:13 AM.
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    03-14-11 03:26 AM
    can i download this new OS from my blackberries blackberry app world?? if so, what do i type in?
    03-14-11 09:14 AM
    can i download this new OS from my blackberries blackberry app world?? if so, what do i type in?
    No you can't, download and install it onto a PC from the link in the first post.

03-14-11 12:56 PM
    i have just chexk my bb software and it already has the os 6.0 so (y)
    03-14-11 03:45 PM
    i have just chexk my bb software and it already has the os 6.0 so (y)
    Yes, all 9780's have OS6

...this could be a long and difficult conversation, so I'm quitting now

03-14-11 05:47 PM
    This was as good as a hole in a bucket ! battery drained like water un believable .. downgraded to .359

some 3rd party app probs

IM plus

you need to give it 3 days for the battery to settle in your device. And you also need to give it 5 - 7 physical battery pulls.
    on the 4th day, charge it full, and start monitoring.

This is way batter than 359, and snappier!

just make sure you download the latest BBM 5.0.1.49 (OTA LINK) to get rid of the hidden cursor bug.
    03-15-11 08:52 AM
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

I just downloaded it from the above link... per Matrix Leader

Will be upgrading shortly! Can't wait considering I'm running the stock T-Mobile garbage from day 1.
    Make sure you download BBM 5.0.1.49 (OTA LINK)

This will get rid of the hidden cursor in BBM error.
    03-15-11 08:54 AM
    6.0.0.448 just showed up in BlackBerry Desktop manager for me today. I'm on T-Mobile. Just got a brand-new 9780 as a replacement to my old one that had the keyboard problem of duplicating keys so I'll be upgrading it tonight. :-)
    03-15-11 12:02 PM
    6.0.0.448 just showed up in BlackBerry Desktop manager for me today. I'm on T-Mobile. Just got a brand-new 9780 as a replacement to my old one that had the keyboard problem of duplicating keys so I'll be upgrading it tonight. :-)

Make sure you install BBM 5.0.1.49 (OTA LINK) to get rid of the BBM Cursor bug after you install the OS
    03-15-11 12:05 PM
    Make sure you install BBM 5.0.1.49 (OTA LINK) to get rid of the BBM Cursor bug after you install the OS
    This link to bbm49 doesn't work anymore, can you please give another link?
    And where can you get latest BBM v6 ?

ty
    Last edited by rytec; 03-16-11 at 05:57 AM.
    03-16-11 05:54 AM
130 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD