The new OS works great, and it has improved my battery life significantly
    Which version did you upgrade from... .359? I'm basically trying to find out if .448 is a better build than the current .359 I'm running. Someone needs to post a decent review comparing the two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 11:04 AM
    Hi guys

Got my bold 9780 today and want to update to this, I've installed bdm and the. 448 update but in bdm Update is greyed out??

Any help would be great
    02-11-11 11:29 AM
    I am trying to install this new OS but am getting the following error:

"Error 1304. Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780M_v6.0.0.448_P6.5.0.136\GoogleTalk.alx. Verify that you have access to that directory"

Can anyone help with these please?
    02-11-11 12:13 PM
    Guys I have a problem I never encountered and need your help with. I just upgraded to .448 from .359. I wiped and used bb boss shrinker (for the 1st time I should mention). Used shrink-an-os before. Anyways, the issue is that I have none of the default wallpapers or ringtones. Both folders show a big fat 0. I didn't check to remove the default ring tones and backgrounds in bb boss. I went back and checked since it automatically saves the last shrink. Can anyone tell me how to get back my default OS6 tones and wallpaper? For now I will see about geting the OS5 OTA one buti I like the OS6 ones too. Is there a download for both combined? That would be great also. Thanks in advance.

02-13-11 12:51 AM
    Phil_Uk...MatrixLeader..anyone? I want back my default OS6 tones/alerts. I prefer them over the OS5 ones and they take up less space. Also want back my default wallpapers. Should I uninstall the current .448 from my pc programs. Run the installation file..shrink it again and re-load onto the phone? Or is there an easier fix like going to a specific folder and pasting in the default OS6 tones and wallpaper?

02-13-11 10:08 AM
    Phil_Uk...MatrixLeader..anyone? I want back my default OS6 tones/alerts. I prefer them over the OS5 ones and they take up less space. Also want back my default wallpapers. Should I uninstall the current .448 from my pc programs. Run the installation file..shrink it again and re-load onto the phone? Or is there an easier fix like going to a specific folder and pasting in the default OS6 tones and wallpaper?
    I've never used BB Boss for shrinking, but if it's anything like Shrink-A-OS, and you did inadvertently shrink out something you shouldn't have, then those cods should still be in a folder named 'Removed Files'.

Try looking in:- C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared Files/Loader Files/(.448 Folder)/Java/Removed Files

Once there, look for 2 files named net.rim.blah blah.backgrounds and net.rim.blah blah.ringtones (can't remember the exact names, but they'll be the only ones).

Cut and paste those 2 files from the Removed Files folder, into the Java folder. Then plug your phone into your PC and run AppLoader. This should install those missing files.

02-13-11 10:22 AM
    Alternatively Telus, if you have BBSAK installed on your PC, you could just add those 2 cod files back onto your phone using the Install CODs option. Simply browse to the Removed Files folder above, and select those 2 cod files individually for installation.

02-13-11 10:35 AM
    Tried finding them through bbsak first..nothing in both removed and normal folder. Did the same thing through program files/common files and couldn't find none of the 2 cods in both java folders again. This is weird. The loader files where in the RIM folder under common files but in folder named "shared". What should I do now? The version of .448 that I downloaded is from Three UK download page. Is there a way to download only those 2 cods from somewhere? Or should I uninstall the .448 from my pc..reinstall the installation file and see if that fixes it? What's got me puzzled is that I don't think RIM would have a carrier os download without default tones and wallpaper...hmmm

Last edited by TelusBB; 02-13-11 at 10:59 AM.
    02-13-11 10:57 AM
    There's nowhere you can download those specific cods from, and there's no way that they wouldn't have been included in the original OS. If you can't find them, then I suggest an uninstall and fresh reinstall of .448

This time though, don't bother even attempting to shrink it. With a 9780 it really isn't necessary, as you've got more than sufficient memory available.

02-13-11 11:09 AM
    I think I'm going to be heading back south to .359 Besides my no default ring tones and background problem the browser keeps crashing and sometimes when my phone boots up it says "SIM card rejected" and I have no radio as a result. Gonna wipe and downgrade back until something better comes along. I should of paid attention to the fact that there's way more negative comments and reviews on this version than positive. Also, there's no sticky on it for the top of the forum. I can't believe 2 carriers went with this build.

02-13-11 02:54 PM
    ok right I took the plunge tonight. I downloaded from the link posted on the official blackberry forums though. It was for the 3 UK network. First impressions are good of course, they always are with these new builds. However the BBM cursor is still missing. Thats about it. I'm happy otherwise with this build.
    02-13-11 05:32 PM
    448 is smooth, only problem is the missing cursor.
    02-15-11 04:54 AM
    does this build resolve the HUGE/stock email font issue I'm having with T Mobile USA os 6.0.0.285? Emails open in huge "stock" font and not the specified font I've set under option > display > screen display ...
    02-15-11 01:19 PM
    There's nowhere you can download those specific cods from, and there's no way that they wouldn't have been included in the original OS. If you can't find them, then I suggest an uninstall and fresh reinstall of .448

This time though, don't bother even attempting to shrink it. With a 9780 it really isn't necessary, as you've got more than sufficient memory available.

i appreciate all the tips and help that this community has been giving us blackberry users but i have a request can u please upload official os to mirror sites or would that break any laws because ive been trying to download this os 5 times it goes to 150 something mb then cuts off
    thanks again
    02-17-11 08:40 PM
    sorry to barge in but can anyone upload the 3 uk version to a hosting site
    02-17-11 08:45 PM
    Ok guys. I've been running 448 for about a week or so. This is what I've noticed:

1) Cursor issue in BBM
    2) Battery life was BAD (would take it off the charger at 7am, be down to 70% by noon with little to no use)

Those were the only two issues that I've noticed with 448.

I've switched back to 359 and have noticed a HUGE improvement in battery life. Took it off the charger at 1am last night and it's down to 90% at 11am. I do notice the txt message issue with 359 where it won't auto scroll down in the txt message window of txts from the same number.

Hope this helps people a little.

****EDIT****

I reinstalled .448 from a leaked source and that seemed to solve the battery issue. I now get 2.0% drain/hr. I must have installed .448 wrong the previous time.

What I did this time:

Back-up with DM
    Full wipe with BBSAK
    Installed just necessary software.
    Installed apps from AppStore when I had 448 up and running.
    Last edited by Kocheese; 02-20-11 at 04:55 PM.
    02-18-11 09:08 AM
    i tried installing .448 using the desktop manager but it kept saying 'one or more modules could not be resolved'

i have uninstalled the desktop manager, reinstall and still it comes to the same issue.
    any one could help.

-finally going to install .448 after a long time in .359
    02-18-11 11:21 PM
    oopppsss wrong typo
    02-19-11 04:04 AM
    Ok guys. I've been running 448 for about a week or so. This is what I've noticed:

1) Cursor issue in BBM
    2) Battery life was BAD (would take it off the charger at 7am, be down to 70% by noon with little to no use)

Those were the only two issues that I've noticed with 448.

I've switched back to 359 and have noticed a HUGE improvement in battery life. Took it off the charger at 1am last night and it's down to 90% at 11am. I do notice the txt message issue with 359 where it won't auto scroll down in the txt message window of txts from the same number.

Hope this helps people a little.
    Why not try combining message .cod files from .448 to .359 ?
    02-19-11 04:06 AM
    One major flaw is the GPS locking signal. The .359 and the leaked version.448 are somewhat better better in GPS locking, compared to the official one.

02-19-11 06:29 AM
    There are no differences between leaked and official releases, 0, run checksum and filesize analysis on them, identical.

Leaked releases are just releases sent mainly to carriers for testing, if they were changed when the carrier then approved them, what would be the point ?

What could be different is your mentality towards a leaked or official release, however, that is the only difference.

Ta
    02-19-11 08:34 AM
    using the .359. having trouble with you tube. unable to view the videos "verify web address"message keeps popping up. anybody having similar problems? will the new OS fix this problem??
    02-20-11 12:06 PM
    sorry to barge in but can anyone upload the 3 uk version to a hosting site
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

Just enter any letters in the fields and use any email such as [email protected] if you dont whant to eer your info
    Last edited by omexas; 02-20-11 at 02:21 PM.
    02-20-11 02:17 PM
    I installed it a few hours ago on my new 9780(switched this evening from 9700) and works fine so far. No bugs detected. Did a wipe first with BBSAK and clean install with Apploader. First time real use of OS 6.0 on my part and it rocks!

But...should be more informed, relevant reviews and no random chatter on these OS releases... I want to be able, when reading about new OS versions on this forum, to find relevant informations faster.

For example: CURSOR PROBLEMS in BBM - really no bug here. If anything is an improvement. When you navigate through the BBM chats you don't see a cursor; the whole text moves like a whole and is much easier to navigate like this. It's like in the latest versions of IM+. Even better here: if you want the cursor then all you have to do is press the SHIFT key. This also applies in emails, whatsapp chat etc. Great improvement in my opinion. Also very nice addition: on emails if you keep the ALT key pressed you control the zoom in message body.
    Almost didn't install this release because of these untrue remarks on the cursor...
    Last edited by remus; 02-21-11 at 01:18 AM.
    02-20-11 04:49 PM
    hello here im pretty new here can someone please help me out im trying to upgrade os on my 9780 runing on att currently using .294 but when i try to upgrade using DM i get the following pop up window: there was an error updating your software one or more modules could not be resolved can anyone help me out ???
    03-07-11 12:52 PM
130 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD