So does this official OS have any changes made to it, or it just completely same build with an offiacial title on it ?
    02-08-11 02:29 PM
    So does this official OS have any changes made to it, or it just completely same build with an offiacial title on it ?
    Same with Official title, nothing new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 02:45 PM
    Well .448 does show little thumbnails of your bookmarks in the browser whereas .359 didn't do that.
    02-08-11 03:02 PM
    Well .448 does show little thumbnails of your bookmarks in the browser whereas .359 didn't do that.
    There are many differences between .359 and .448

...but this official version is exactly the same as the leaked .448

02-08-11 03:12 PM
    What are the differences?
    02-08-11 03:13 PM
    I cannot believe they released that yet. I have the leak installed and have problems in the picture album area. When I am on thumbnail view, the name of the picture that is shown on the bottom of the screen stays the same no matter what other picture I move the cursor to. Anybody else seeing this?

02-08-11 03:32 PM
    Need a review!

Anyone
    02-08-11 03:59 PM
    Need a review!

Anyone
    Plenty here... http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-579054/

02-08-11 04:27 PM
    You don't have to wipe your device before shrinking and OS and installing it, but I personally always like to start out fresh, so I wipe device manually with BBSAK, then I install the new OS on my computer, then I Shrink it, then I install it via loader.exe, then I manually download all the apps to aquire the latest versions of them. Maybe harder, but I do all this in like 30 mins and this way I ensure I have the latest.

If you wipe your device then you lose your apps and themes but you CAN backup your apps as well using BBSAK before you wipe your device

PS: After you shrink the OS then update to 448 again, install the latest BBM from here (OTA LINK) >>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...205.0.1.46.jad

newbie question: does a non-branded phone like my own which is bold 9780 get OTA updates?!?! thanks
    02-08-11 05:29 PM
    I cannot believe they released that yet. I have the leak installed and have problems in the picture album area. When I am on thumbnail view, the name of the picture that is shown on the bottom of the screen stays the same no matter what other picture I move the cursor to. Anybody else seeing this?

I have the leaked version installed on my phone and I'm experienced the same problem. The good part is that the pic is not pixelated when viewing. To me, that is more important.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-08-11 07:29 PM

I also have this issue.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-08-11 09:41 PM
    i think RIM is really not interested in OS6 and older devices...... even though 9780 is not a old device.
    02-08-11 10:14 PM
    i think RIM is really not interested in OS6 and older devices...... even though 9780 is not a old device.
    I have to agree. Doesn't seem to be getting all their love. If that is the case I really hope they are putting everything they got into 6.1. I have heard many say 6.0 is the Vista of Blackberry. I do not agree as it runs perfect for me but sadly I think it will go down as that based off of the Torch of course.
    02-08-11 10:54 PM
    newbie question: does a non-branded phone like my own which is bold 9780 get OTA updates?!?! thanks
    Affirmative. Over The Air updates are dependent on the carrier. Therefore, the same phone will receive different Over The Air updates with different SIM cards. Hope this helps...
    02-08-11 11:15 PM
    this wont work on tmobile!!!!!!

i deleted the vendor.xml file prior to install and it says this version is not supported by my carrier
    any ideas??
    02-08-11 11:26 PM
    this wont work on tmobile!!!!!!

i deleted the vendor.xml file prior to install and it says this version is not supported by my carrier
    any ideas??
    I'm on T-Mobile and didn't have any problems installing. I deleted the vendor file and loaded it via Desktop Manager.
    02-08-11 11:28 PM
    downloading & installed it later
    02-09-11 12:49 AM
    Just finish install this OS, previously using .448 leaked version... Wipe my 9780 using BBASK & install fresh

Will monitoring it within these few days
    02-09-11 03:55 AM
    Just wanted to say thanks for the release and the annnouncement.
    02-09-11 04:19 AM
    @matrix - how do you shrink your OS and where can I get a BB Boss as you mentioned. Appreciate of you can provide instructions. Thanks!
    02-09-11 06:37 AM
    @matrix - how do you shrink your OS and where can I get a BB Boss as you mentioned. Appreciate of you can provide instructions. Thanks!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bb-...-2-0-a-583840/

ML can post the instructions

Last edited by Phill_UK; 02-09-11 at 06:52 AM.
    02-09-11 06:49 AM
    I've downloaded it but can't seem to extract the package.. does any one know if its a 64bit release or 32?
    02-09-11 07:08 AM
    Thanks all for this ...
    02-09-11 09:35 AM
    Hi Matrix Leader bro,

Had some urgent problem here. I did a manual BBSAK to wipe off my 9780 os. now i;m stuck at this errror 507 screen. how do i go abt to install the latest os.. pls help..

Thanks
    02-09-11 09:59 AM
    Affirmative. Over The Air updates are dependent on the carrier. Therefore, the same phone will receive different Over The Air updates with different SIM cards. Hope this helps...
    Thanks a lot. Because my friends used to have OTA updates I'm living in nigeria but doont think my carrier releases upddates for bb. The problem occurred to me because they used to buy bb from abroad like at&t and still use sim card from nigeria and get updates but when I bought my phone it didn't bear any name of carrier under the space bar on the keyboard like their own

02-09-11 10:35 AM
130 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD