Software For BlackBerry� Bold� 9780 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.1306 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.1306

Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.359
    Software Platform: 6.5.0.93
    File name: 9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel1306_PL6.5.0.93_A6.0.0.359_AVEA. exe
    File size: 169.31MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download OS 6.0.0.359
    12-06-10 09:33 AM
    That's too bad they made .359 official. It's still pretty buggy. A lot of people were hoping for a new official OS. Oh well all in good time.
    12-06-10 09:41 AM
    Sticking to 294 as it is very stable but thanks for posting the link
    12-06-10 09:42 AM
    This one has certificate on Nov 16, 2010 and 20days later it comes official but no new registered software for 9780 yet. I I got any news I'll post.
    12-06-10 10:09 AM
    I'm currently using the leaked 359 with no issues at all. Now keep in mind its only been about a week and so far so good with it. Of course, I'd like to see a newer OS tossed out there for us, but I have no complaints with what I have.
    12-06-10 10:16 AM
    Nice find rroyy

Just a couple of points to those currently using the leaked version of .359

1) This is exactly the same build, so there's no reason to change/re-install
    2) Any bugs you were experiencing in the leaked version, will still be present in this official version

Enjoy...
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 12-06-10 at 02:42 PM.
    12-06-10 10:23 AM
    I read alot of negative comments on the 359 findings thread like the white line at the bottom of the screen for example...

I am happy with 294...no problems so far

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
    12-06-10 11:02 AM
    To have the latest and greatest??
    12-06-10 11:14 AM
    To have the latest and greatest??
    It doesn't work that way with BB Operating Systems, there is no latest and greatest, if an OS does what you need, and the higher version looks the same and has the same features, then no need, That is why I was always using 5.0.0.714 on my 9700 in the past, I only upgraded to OS 6 on it as it did make my phone have more features and better performance.

Remember 862 on the 9000 that made the ringtones go silent and later was publicly announced by RIM that it had a bug?

Remember how buggy was OS 5.0.0.743 on the 9700?

I could go on forever but just to state a few.
    12-06-10 11:48 AM
    can anyone confirm it doesnt have that bug that you have to scroll down on bbm chats after you type something

i had the leaked one and went back to 294 just to get rid of that bug
    so annoying
    12-06-10 01:26 PM
    can anyone confirm it doesnt have that bug that you have to scroll down on bbm chats after you type something

so annoying
    Read my post above.

Any bugs you had in the leaked version, will still be there in this official version... it's the same OS
    12-06-10 01:30 PM
    Read my post above.

Any bugs you had in the leaked version, will still be there in this official version... it's the same OS
    This is not true, the txt msging bug where you could not use "t" and "b" to go to the top and bottom of the convo is fixed. also havent had an issues with bbm as well on the official release. So i would say that there may be tings different than what is in the leak.
    12-06-10 03:39 PM

so annoying
    I also downgraded from the leak because of the bbm/txt msg bugs with scrolling. They havent been issues with the official version, i've only been using it a few hours, but those were the first things i checked once i loaded the OS and they are fixed, makes it well worth it for me.
    12-06-10 03:41 PM
    Read my post above.

No, it's not. Duh!
    Speaking for ourselves, are we?

This is not true, the txt msging bug where you could not use "t" and "b" to go to the top and bottom of the convo is fixed. also havent had an issues with bbm as well on the official release. So i would say that there may be tings different than what is in the leak.
    I also downgraded from the leak because of the bbm/txt msg bugs with scrolling. They havent been issues with the official version, i've only been using it a few hours, but those were the first things i checked once i loaded the OS and they are fixed, makes it well worth it for me.
    Ditto.. I have been running it for few hours, and could tell that this build have fixed several known bugs from the leaked version.
    Last edited by bimapranachitra; 12-06-10 at 05:54 PM.
    COGICberry likes this.
    12-06-10 05:48 PM
    No, it's not. Duh!

Ditto.. I have been running it for few hours, and could tell that this build have fixed several known bugs from the leaked version.
    I got this to load on my tmobile 9780, but it looked like it didn't have a theme? Kept rebooting. Had to downgrade.. What did I do wrong?
    *****EDIT**** I just read somewhere we have to delete the tmobile themes like on the ol 9700... I just did that, and am reloading right now...lets see if it works!
    Last edited by daleandla; 12-06-10 at 06:10 PM.
    12-06-10 05:58 PM
    I got this to load on my tmobile 9780, but it looked like it didn't have a theme? Kept rebooting. Had to downgrade.. What did I do wrong?
    Have you tried deleting vendor.xml before installing the update? If you forgot to do so, please go to this directory (on PC): c:\program files->common files->research in motion->apploader->find the vendor.xml and delete it; reload the OS to your device.
    12-06-10 06:11 PM
    No, it's not. Duh!
    Shhhh...
    12-06-10 06:47 PM
    Phil this is not the same as the leak, no way mate. My BB runs spot on. Everything is 100% fine. I do not have the white line on the bottom when pressing and holding down my BB button too.
    12-06-10 06:59 PM
    @daleandla, don't forget to delete files :
    - vendor.xml
    - net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
    - net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
    before you upgrade the OS. The files are located in \program files\common files\research in motions.

Anyway, after hours I see this version bring a stable runs. Hope there's no problems at all.
    12-06-10 08:23 PM
    No East Asian version out there?
    12-06-10 08:49 PM
    Phil this is not the same as the leak, no way mate. My BB runs spot on. Everything is 100% fine. I do not have the white line on the bottom when pressing and holding down my BB button too.
    You guys could be correct, so apologies if I jumped the gun with my statement that they were identical.

When an OS goes official, it's usually exactly the same as the previous leaked version, especially when the package and platform numbers are unchanged.

I've never experienced any SMS bugs, the white line on App Switcher bug, and I don't use BBM, so can't comment on those... but if this one is working well you both, then that's great to hear
    12-06-10 09:06 PM
    No East Asian version out there?
    Not yet
    12-06-10 09:06 PM
    I'm not upgrading. My stock is working well enough. Some texting glitches but I'll probably wait because I don't see anything saying those are fixed in the latest release. I just came from the EVO and I remember how weak the blackberry releases really were. I sometimes wonder why I so viciously downgraded but then I realize it's all about the keyboard.
    12-06-10 11:55 PM
    I had the same issue with the total white UI. used BBSAK to wipe out the tmobile theme and it loaded up fine afterward. Basically Load BBSAK > Modify COD's > Read System > search for the tmobile theme then select remove.
    12-07-10 01:30 AM
    how does one install the OS on the 9780?

downloaded the exe file and ran it...the OS didnt change?!

bit clueless here!!!

help!
    12-07-10 06:20 AM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD