Leave It On pop ups not showing for email only since upgrade.

Looks like this has happened before
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=595035

Any fix?
    05-24-11 12:16 PM
    This is my first 6.0 OS on my 9650. Every app seems to have a 3-5 second lag upon opening. Is this normal? I think this is unexceptable. I will wait for a short settling in period and see if it improves. Other than that, everything is running just fine; just laggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    UPDATE:

After just two days, all the lags have gone away. I won't be going back to the trusty 5.0. I am happy!
    05-24-11 12:35 PM
    I have had really bad luck with this install. I have done maybe 4 or 5 OS installs so I am no expert by any means. However, all prior installs went perfectly, and were done from desktop software preceded by a full back up. For the most part, this OS is cleaner and faster, good battery life, not complaints. However, my BBM is completely toast...

- When I have a pending BBM contact, it never moves to contact or chat. It stays in this menu/category for good. All chatting is done here.
    - I cannot view received chats. Received texts show up in the contacts menu. And I can only view the first line in what is normally the line a contact puts a personal message in. After that it gets concatenated/truncated. All my sends show up in full in chats.
    - Every time I reboot, my entire BBM section is blank/white. Only my profile shows up. I have to restore an old contact file to load my groups and contacts.
    - Also, no websites recognize I am on a mobile device anymore so I get desktop rendering. Slick.
    - I downloaded an upgraded (VZW included an old version of BBM for some reason in this OS update) BBM and it still misbehaves.

Totally Suc*’* Verizon. Nice release. I did two fresh downloads and installs to attempt a repair. Nada.

Hope to see the 9930 soon to ease my pain.
    05-24-11 10:34 PM
    how is the battery life on this for everyone after a few days? i installed this monday night and im only getting 4 hours of battery use on standby! im not even using the phone at all...
    also my phone doesnt show any indication that the phone is charging (charge symbol went away)

ive done several battery pulls too to ensure the OS is settling in.. i hope this is better than the last official release which was very laggy for me. getting frustrated with all of this garbage
    QWKSNKE likes this.
    05-25-11 12:41 PM
    Did you install via OTA by any chance? Just wondering because myself and most others are having a very solid and positive experience with 524.
    05-25-11 12:56 PM
    nope i did it through DM and even shrunk the os as well. i can tell its faster than the previous but im just hoping maybe i should wipe my entire bb and try again?
    05-25-11 12:57 PM
    Well something's up with your short battery life. I'd be inclined to look at apps and other running and updating stuff. You could certainly try another install tho and wiping to make it a clean install could be wise, but sounds to me like something running a lot dragging it down. Maybe look at what you got onboard first. How's your memory? You said you shrunk it. I have 310mb available. Also, is your auto memory recovery set to work at some interval? Could help.
    05-25-11 01:06 PM
    I really like the update. Its a lot quicker, I don't have problems with my calendar anymore, my battery life has greatly improved and you can now send up to a 7 page sms message without having to send it as an mms or in pieces. I currently have no complaints with this new upgrade, I recommend you try it out! Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-25-11 01:12 PM
    I really like the update. Its a lot quicker, I don't have problems with my calendar anymore, my battery life has greatly improved and you can now send up to a 7 page sms message without having to send it as an mms or in pieces. I currently have no complaints with this new upgrade, I recommend you try it out! Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

DAMN...7 pages???? Who were you cussing out...lol
    05-25-11 05:32 PM
    how is the battery life on this for everyone after a few days? i installed this monday night and im only getting 4 hours of battery use on standby!
    Yeah, I am having a horrid battery life on mine and my wife's with this release. We went from charging every other day to twice a day now.

My install on both berries was done through DM as well...

EDIT... I should clarify that my battery drain is not bad on standby (10% drop in the last 9 hrs) it is during phone call usage that it seems worse than before.
    Last edited by QWKSNKE; 05-26-11 at 07:35 AM.
    05-25-11 08:45 PM
    Who knows how to delete the voice dialing software? It pops up while playing music and I have never used it. Thanks

05-26-11 07:30 AM
    Who knows how to delete the voice dialing software? It pops up while playing music and I have never used it. Thanks

Use BBSAK and delete net_rim_vad. Make sure you have a copy of your OS on your PC in case this breaks something on you BB you can always put it back. I used to remove it all the time with OS 5, but never tried it with OS 6.
    05-26-11 07:54 AM

Use BB Boss to shrink it out on the device. It's pretty simple

05-26-11 08:41 AM
    I'll add my .02 to this thread. I was on the previous official OS6 release .431 for a while and was never happy. It was laggy and had much worse battery life than any of the version of OS5 I used. This release has solved just about all issues and concerns I had about OS6. Moving between apps is much quicker. I can now scroll through the calendar with nearly zero lag. Battery life is back up to OS5 standards, that is to say I get a whole day with moderate use and an hour or two of calls and still have some in the tank. The install process through DM went fine and I always recommend this instead of OTA for stability. Looking at this thread mileage on this release obviously varies but in my opinion if you are going to try OS6 or have had trouble with a different version of OS6 give this release a try.
    fishballer06 likes this.
    05-27-11 09:04 AM
    Did anyone else notice while charging, instead of the battery icon having the lightning bolt thru it, the bolt now blinks while charging?
    Noticed this way back in February with OS 6.0.0.466, this is nothing new. 443 might have had this, but everything else sucked so bad I had to dump it.
    05-27-11 01:55 PM
    Has anyone had a problem with this release making the google mobile search app? Every time I try and use it to search for something the phone freezes and reboots itself. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the google search app, still does the same thing. Anyone else experience this?
    05-27-11 08:51 PM
    Not me ... Good to go on my end..
    05-27-11 09:06 PM
    Just switched from a Droid X to a 9650...bought the phone used from eBay...it was running OS5 so I upgraded to 6 using DM...everything went great...Used DM to remove a few languages that i didnt need...the current memory is around 260mb. everything running smoothly.
    05-28-11 02:15 PM
    Yeah, I am having a horrid battery life on mine and my wife's with this release. We went from charging every other day to twice a day now.

My install on both berries was done through DM as well...

EDIT... I should clarify that my battery drain is not bad on standby (10% drop in the last 9 hrs) it is during phone call usage that it seems worse than before.
    Yeah, although not as bad as that, I have noticed I need to charge every 1.5 days instead of 2, MAYBE 2.5 days...I saw that .570 for another carrier was better, Verizon hasn't issued it yet. So I will stock up on chargers until then.
    05-31-11 02:47 PM
    My only complaint is I get the hour glass a few times a day. Generally the OS is snappier and more responsive to button pushing and selecting with the track pad. Any suggestions to get the hour glass to quit? I don't have a ton of stuff on the phone.
    05-31-11 02:58 PM

I wish Sprint would add this !
    05-31-11 10:02 PM
    I got 3 9650's 1 for work and 2 personal. i have been running this latest software since it leaked and it is by far the best. I have not had one problem. i used the Desktop to load one and then mirrowed the other 2. all run exactly alike with the same apps. Battery life is very good. Only thing that will eat the battery is running the musicc player all day or talking about 8 hours per day. I carry an extra battery but have used it probably twice since putting this OS on them. I have no complaints,no lags and about 20 apps running. I guess I got lucky or did something rifght.
    06-01-11 12:45 AM
    ran alright on my 9650 but went back to sprints official release
    06-01-11 11:32 AM
    Has anyone had bluetooth problems with this update? On my device, the bluetooth connected indicator (both the blue LED as well as the B symbol) stays on even after the bluetooth device has disconnected. The device ultimately fails to connect after several successful connections. Reboot fixes this temporarily. I reverted back to the earlier version, and the problem went away.
    06-02-11 05:26 AM
    I used my bluetooth all the time when I was running straight 524 and had no problem. I also only install an OS from my computer, not OTA. Additionally, when I reinstall stuff I only install what I truly need. Things like messages, contacts, texts etc. Sometimes settings from on OS (even if it's OS6.x to another OS6.x) will not work well with another one. Your bluetooth settings my be one of these.
    06-02-11 08:20 PM
176 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD