visual voicemail isn't working after the upgrade. i get a "can't connect to server" error. does anyone else have this problem?
    i don't use visual voicemail but when I upgraded my wife's a while ago I had issues with the BIS not working.

Had to reprogram the phone using *228 to get it to work

Had no issues with the update on my phone aside from it hanging up after it was done installing. Battery pull fixed that though
    05-18-11 06:19 PM
    Anybody have a changelog for the update? It seems to have changed little things all over the OS.
    05-18-11 06:29 PM
    Os 6 in my opinion is crap. Don't hate on me as this is my opinion but it restricts your groups to 10 people eliminating your ability to send sms group texts to friends, colleagues and business associates.

I am sticking with OS 5, so my 9650 will probably be on me unless they change something.
    05-18-11 07:19 PM
    just an fyi...in comparing the leak and the official, the file sizes are different. not sure what is different internall tho....getting ready to load it now with a hybrid.
    05-18-11 09:09 PM
    I'm getting horrible battery drain and battery heating up with this new official OS. Anyone else having this problem, and do you have any suggestions to fix it?
    05-18-11 09:40 PM
    Hi, all,

Just curious if this release fixes the problem I had with random reboots. I am on Verizon and their last official 6.0 OS made my device randomly reboot, some times as much as 3-4 times an hour. I never could figure out the reason why. I had to downgrade back to OS 5 to be able to use my phone. If someone who has installed this OS let me know if you experience random reboots or not. Thanks in advance.

Doc
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-18-11 10:05 PM
    Hi, all,

Just curious if this release fixes the problem I had with random reboots. I am on Verizon and their last official 6.0 OS made my device randomly reboot, some times as much as 3-4 times an hour. I never could figure out the reason why. I had to downgrade back to OS 5 to be able to use my phone. If someone who has installed this OS let me know if you experience random reboots or not. Thanks in advance.

Doc
    Hey Doc...I've followed some of your posts on the Verizon site, and have paid attention to the random reboot problem as well. So far, I haven't had any random reboots with this new build at all.

05-18-11 10:10 PM
    I don't have it either. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on Sprint BBs for whatever reason.
    this makes me so sad
    05-19-11 12:50 AM
    just an fyi...in comparing the leak and the official, the file sizes are different. not sure what is different internall tho....getting ready to load it now with a hybrid.
    ??????????
    I have the leak on my flash drive and it's 147MB. The download from VZW says 147MB as well.

Os 6 in my opinion is crap. Don't hate on me as this is my opinion but it restricts your groups to 10 people eliminating your ability to send sms group texts to friends, colleagues and business associates.

I am sticking with OS 5, so my 9650 will probably be on me unless they change something.
    You felt the need to post an opinion rant in the Latest OS thread???
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-19-11 at 07:56 AM.
    05-19-11 07:53 AM
    I have had some lock up issues in the middle of phone calls today with this build. Had to power off the phone to end the call
    05-19-11 10:04 AM
    Anybody have a changelog for the update? It seems to have changed little things all over the OS.
    I'm pretty sure someone already posted this link, you just have to read the thread

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/bold.pdf
    05-19-11 12:59 PM
    i been running the 6.0 Bundle 1741..... should i upgrade to the Bundle 2333?
    Bundle 1741 is 431. 524 runs better, IMO, and resolves the wifi issue.
    05-19-11 01:25 PM
    Does it still give you that damned txt msg telling you that you have a voicemail?
    05-19-11 03:52 PM
    This is my first 6.0 OS on my 9650. Every app seems to have a 3-5 second lag upon opening. Is this normal? I think this is unexceptable. I will wait for a short settling in period and see if it improves. Other than that, everything is running just fine; just laggy.

05-19-11 04:08 PM
    Hey Doc...I've followed some of your posts on the Verizon site, and have paid attention to the random reboot problem as well. So far, I haven't had any random reboots with this new build at all.

Hey,

I have not had any problems with this update. I really believe the reboots were caused by the radio file. I have noticed the reboots were only with users on Verizon. None of the other 9650 owners on Sprint or others had problems. Also, another user said he had problems with VVM activating. I had a problem too, but updated the VVM app to the latest version and it connected no problem. Otherwise, this is a good OS for me. Battery drain is minimal for me and the signal stays constant between -80 to -90 for me. No problems thus far.

Doc
    05-19-11 04:43 PM
    No, Sprint users can use it as well.
    I don't have that for some reason, it doesn't say 160 1/7, just 160. You sure Sprint can? And if so why is mine not letting me?
    05-19-11 05:29 PM
    This is my first 6.0 OS on my 9650. Every app seems to have a 3-5 second lag upon opening. Is this normal? I think this is unexceptable. I will wait for a short settling in period and see if it improves. Other than that, everything is running just fine; just laggy.

First, try doing a battery pull. Then let the OS run for a day or two. It usually takes a day or so of running for them to settle in.

In regards to my earlier post from this morning about phone calls locking up, it must have been an erratic issue as I have not had that happen anymore today
    05-19-11 05:54 PM
    Bummer the texting over 160 isnt working on Sprints bb, I wanted this.
    05-19-11 06:14 PM
    Is this update the same as the 6.0 bundle 2333?
    I just got an update request OTA for that. Downloading now.
    05-19-11 10:49 PM
    u dont need a verizon customer just put in the number 111-111-1111 and u can dl the file
    thanks bro...thats a wonderful information
    05-20-11 04:09 AM
    Anyone had a problem with your phone not charging after doing this update? I updated my phone and my girlfriends the other night. Both worked fine until last night. Neither one will charge when plugged into the wall charger, or car charger. Tried 4 or 5 different chargers and no luck.

Anyone else have this problem?
    05-20-11 04:46 AM
    I was hoping someone could help.

I downloaded the upgrade last night and it supposedly restored all my texts. When I looked, any text that I had with a picture or video is now gone. All there is the a green display (as if you have something in draft status) next to the time and date that it was originally sent, but there is no text or attachments. I usually don't save the picture or video to my library, unless I plan to delete the text.

Anyone else have this problem, or know of a solution??

Thanks.
    05-20-11 06:12 AM
    Does it still give you that damned txt msg telling you that you have a voicemail?
    That's a carrier function, not an OS function, so YES.

Is this update the same as the 6.0 bundle 2333?
    I just got an update request OTA for that. Downloading now.
    yes

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2333 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2333
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.524
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.438
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-20-11 at 07:23 AM.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    05-20-11 07:21 AM
    I upgraded to the 9650 Verizon 6.0.0.524, and now ALL of my email accounts are missing. Can anyone tell me how to get them back. I tried the *228 but no luck.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. For some reason, the email accounts button in setup won't let me add any accounts.

Thank you.
    05-20-11 11:43 AM
    I upgraded to the 9650 Verizon 6.0.0.524, and now ALL of my email accounts are missing. Can anyone tell me how to get them back. I tried the *228 but no luck.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. For some reason, the email accounts button in setup won't let me add any accounts.

Thank you.
    I think I saw some people say that resending service books works?

options--> device --> advanced system settings --> service book
    05-20-11 01:23 PM
176 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD