07-06-11 10:23 AM
176 1234 ...
tools
    so i updated to the new software, not that i wanted to use BBM on my playbook, the icon was gone i checked on the phone bridge app and under properties it is not there anymore, i tried to delete the app and rebook and reinstall and BBM is still not working, anybody having the same issue,

any ideas on how to fix the issue?
    05-17-11 06:15 PM
    yes i am. bbm icon is no longer on the playbook.
    05-17-11 06:43 PM
    Hi, all,

Just curious if this release fixes the problem I had with random reboots. I am on Verizon and their last official 6.0 OS made my device randomly reboot, some times as much as 3-4 times an hour. I never could figure out the reason why. I had to downgrade back to OS 5 to be able to use my phone. If someone who has installed this OS let me know if you experience random reboots or not. Thanks in advance.

Doc
    05-17-11 06:52 PM
    Can somebody say if the browser renders pages extra small ?
    05-17-11 07:29 PM
    Hi, all,

Just curious if this release fixes the problem I had with random reboots. I am on Verizon and their last official 6.0 OS made my device randomly reboot, some times as much as 3-4 times an hour. I never could figure out the reason why. I had to downgrade back to OS 5 to be able to use my phone. If someone who has installed this OS let me know if you experience random reboots or not. Thanks in advance.

Doc
    I am also on Verizon. I have been using the leaked version of this OS for a while. I havent had any problems with random reboots. It seems very stable.
    05-17-11 07:34 PM
    If I already have .524 is there any additional benefit to getting this update?
    No, your good to go already
    05-17-11 07:55 PM
    so i updated to the new software, not that i wanted to use BBM on my playbook, the icon was gone i checked on the phone bridge app and under properties it is not there anymore, i tried to delete the app and rebook and reinstall and BBM is still not working, anybody having the same issue,

any ideas on how to fix the issue?
    With this official os for some strange reason they left out the latest version of bbm. I had to reinstall the latest version after I upgraded my os.
    05-17-11 08:10 PM
    I just updated to .524 and everything seemed to work great but then I checked the universal search feature and it won't find anything, like no results at all. Anyone know how to fix this or have this issue also?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 08:10 PM
    I just updated to .524 and everything seemed to work great but then I checked the universal search feature and it won't find anything, like no results at all. Anyone know how to fix this or have this issue also?

Did you look under options...device...then search to make sure those items were checked?
    05-17-11 08:24 PM
    Wow, universal search is very snappy now!!!!! So awesome. I finally feel like OS6 is finished and ready for primetime!
    05-17-11 08:47 PM
    Installed through DM, but there are random letters underlined when I scroll over applications in the home screen. Also, my font smoothing is not working in my messages and text messages applications in preview mode before selecting a conversation (using BBCasual size 6 bold italic). Anyone else experiencing this? I have done two battery pulls to no avail.
    Last edited by JL4nd; 05-17-11 at 09:30 PM.
    05-17-11 09:06 PM
    Since upgrade I am unable to paste keycode in Facebook beta. Anybody else having this issue or have a fix for it?
    05-17-11 09:13 PM
    i did it and this **** wiped my berry
    05-17-11 09:23 PM
    Since upgrade I am unable to paste keycode in Facebook beta. Anybody else having this issue or have a fix for it?
    Copy like normal, then when you go to paste, hold down your track padand use the paste that way.

05-17-11 09:29 PM
    you have to have new newest bbm installed from beta for messenger to show up on playbook/bridge
    05-17-11 09:35 PM
    Thank you very much.
    05-17-11 09:36 PM
    Thank you very much.
    Copy like normal, then when you go to paste, hold down your track padand use the paste that way.

Thanks lotzakritters
    05-17-11 09:37 PM
    can someone with the new build confirm that playbook bridge works after new software update. (or don't the wireless providers have anything to do with software)
    05-17-11 09:39 PM
    Hi, all,

Doc
    Did you do the install yet and if so did it fix the random reboots? I have had random reboots on my 9650 with the previous OS 6 release from Verizon and it has irked me to no end. Anybody else tried the update who had random reboots and can give some feedback if this update fixes that problem? Thanks!
    05-17-11 10:28 PM
    Anyone having Blackberry Bridge problems since the update?

EDIT: Just uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled Bridge on my 9650 and it works again.
    Last edited by lonestar1135; 05-18-11 at 12:20 PM.
    05-17-11 10:31 PM
    Does anyone know how to change the available flash memory from bites back to MB in the options menu? Thanks
    05-17-11 11:06 PM
    Did you do the install yet and if so did it fix the random reboots? I have had random reboots on my 9650 with the previous OS 6 release from Verizon and it has irked me to no end. Anybody else tried the update who had random reboots and can give some feedback if this update fixes that problem? Thanks!
    I am not running this new version of OS6 but I have never had much in the way of random reboots. OS6 runs smooth on my 9650 and would not move back to OS5 for love or money.

I suspect it's a bad BB or an app misbehaving and not the OS.

Tim
    05-17-11 11:41 PM
    I ran this when it was a middle eastern leak months ago. IMO it's the best os6 build to date aside from the copy and paste workaround and occasional link click and it doesn't say you can go to it.

I recently went back to os5 because it seemed to still run snappier on my device.

05-18-11 12:03 AM
    No Bridge issues here. VZW 9650 updated via DM bridged to a 32gig PlayBook.
    05-18-11 12:09 AM
    New text message over 160 input!!!!!!

Now it sends multiple texts automatically over 160! there is a 1/7 above the text messages
    is this Verizon only?
    05-18-11 03:35 AM
176 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD