i can no longer setup an email account and when i sign into fb it says that i need to upgrade my data package?

nvmd problem solved
    Last edited by kb24 uses the bb storm; 06-02-11 at 10:26 PM.
    06-02-11 10:23 PM
    i can no longer setup an email account and when i sign into fb it says that i need to upgrade my data package?

nvmd problem solved
    how were you able to set up email accounts again? i'm still not able to
    06-03-11 01:15 AM
    how were you able to set up email accounts again? i'm still not able to
    Have you guys tried the web route?:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    06-03-11 07:06 AM
    Have you guys tried the web route?:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    yeah it tells me i must do it from my handset.
    06-03-11 09:24 AM
    You dont have to be a Verizon customer to download from their site. I do it all the time.
    06-04-11 10:40 PM
    Here's a link I made for those that are having trouble with the one from VZW. I will leave it up for a week or so.

OS6.0.0.524
    06-06-11 01:14 PM
    My wife and I have both noticed a problem since we upgraded our phones a while back: We will be typing and it will suddenly "freeze up" for a while (like 15-60 seconds). Anything we type in the "freeze period" will not catch-up and has to be re-typed. If we stop and wait, we can start typing again. Any idea on how to get this really annoying *feature* to stop?
    06-07-11 08:52 AM
    My wife and I have both noticed a problem since we upgraded our phones a while back: We will be typing and it will suddenly "freeze up" for a while (like 15-60 seconds). Anything we type in the "freeze period" will not catch-up and has to be re-typed. If we stop and wait, we can start typing again. Any idea on how to get this really annoying *feature* to stop?
    Same on mine. At least it no longer crashes when I run spell check.
    06-07-11 09:52 AM
    I would get that occasional when typing a BBM message back when I was using just the base 524. I have don't too thing that might have solved it. 1) I am now using a hybrid OS, 2) I upgraded to BBM beta 6.0.0.73. I'm not sure if this would solve your issues but I don't have that problem any more.
    06-07-11 10:46 AM
    It happens while typing SMS, Facebook, you name it. And I don't feel comfortable enough to do the hybrid thing. Heck, I wouldn't mind it even if it would "catch up" with what I was typing...
    06-07-11 01:01 PM
    New text message over 160 input!!!!!!

Now it sends multiple texts automatically over 160! there is a 1/7 above the text messages
    When I go over the text limit, I always get and SMS Error 104. Previous when I went over the text limit it automatically converted to MMS, but now the splitting seems to be causing a problem for me. I dowloaded the new version OTA if that makes a difference.

And I'm also getting the occasional several second freeze...should I wipe and reinstall not OTA?
    Last edited by im4huskers; 06-09-11 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Update info..
    06-09-11 08:54 AM
    And I'm also getting the occasional several second freeze...should I wipe and reinstall not OTA?
    A lot of 524 users are having the freezing issue. I never recommend the OTA method, too many users have had problems with failed installs. I tried it a few times on my Storm2 without issue, but it's not worth the 2 hour rigamarole. 30 minutes with apploader is the better approach, imo.
    06-09-11 10:28 AM
    I downloaded the .524 via the link in the sticky from the Verizon website on my laptop. Every time I try to open it to install it, I get an error that says Error Reading Setup Initialization File. I've downloaded it twice and get the same error. Anyone else having this issue? How do I fix it?
    06-10-11 07:20 AM
    hi to all , which OS 6 holds EDGE for tmobile user??anyone know about that.. im using bb bold 9650 thanks
    06-10-11 08:10 AM
    hi to all , which OS 6 holds EDGE for tmobile user??anyone know about that.. im using bb bold 9650 thanks
    Different people have had success with different radio files when connecting to EDGE depending on their location. Unfortunately, the only way to find which one is best for you to try them out on your phone. The two that seen to work the best for most people are 524 and 466. Even 431 has worked well for some.
    06-10-11 09:20 AM
    Can i update this? on 9650 SPRINT ?
    06-17-11 05:51 AM
    Absolutely you can use the Verizon supplied version on your Sprint 9650. I have Sprint and a 9650 as well and I installed this OS a few weeks ago from the Verizon site. The site looks as though it confirms that downloads are for Verizon customers, but it doesnt. I just put my sprint phone number in and it downloaded perfectly. Happy Downloading!
    06-17-11 08:36 AM
    Can i update this? on 9650 SPRINT ?
    Yes, you can update your phone with this OS. Make sure to check folder where it downloads into for the Vender.xml file. You will need to delete it if it is there.
    06-17-11 11:07 AM
    just got a 9650 today, won't allow me to update on my desktop program, OTA, or blackberry website, says a update not availble. anyone have this problem??
    06-17-11 07:04 PM
    Updated OTA to 5.24 today and it seems to have broken my e-mail setup. Every time I try to enter setup for my e-mail, either nothing will happen, or it will ask me if i want to use personal/enterprise e-mail, at which point it locks up completely.

I don't know what to do!
    06-18-11 06:15 AM
    There have been way too many people having trouble with the installation via OTA. I would suggest reinstalling from the computer using apploader.

You can follow these instructions on how to do that. How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

You may need to wipe you're phone first. You can do that in apploader as well or you can follow these instructions. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/
    06-18-11 11:10 AM
    Updated OTA to 5.24 today and it seems to have broken my e-mail setup. Every time I try to enter setup for my e-mail, either nothing will happen, or it will ask me if i want to use personal/enterprise e-mail, at which point it locks up completely.

I don't know what to do!
    There have been way too many people having trouble with the installation via OTA. I would suggest reinstalling from the computer using apploader.

You can follow these instructions on how to do that. How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

You may need to wipe you're phone first. You can do that in apploader as well or you can follow these instructions. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/
    +1 Wipe and reload via apploader. OTAs suck!
    06-20-11 08:10 AM
    I downloaded this OTA a few weeks ago and everything transferred over perfectly. Email, contacts, app's, calender. I've been very impressed with this release so far.
    07-01-11 07:59 AM
    I second what pcgizmo has said. I originally upgraded via OTA update. Battery life took a MAJOR nose dive. I could only get about 6 hours between charges. I finally got sick of it and wiped the phone with BBSAK and reloaded via the same. What a difference! I'm now getting 12-14 hours with my VZW 9650.

@retoddinem more than likely you have an IT policy in place on your BB that prevents the OTA update. I would advise to forget it. OTA is problematic. Start from scratch. Wipe the phone with BBSAK. Do a fresh install.

I also would suggest backing up your 3rd party apps on BBSAK. Saved my a$$...and for Gawd's sake people push the donate button for BBSAK and give the developer 5 bucks. It's a great and brilliant program. I would have been waaay up ****e's creek without it on numerous occasions.
    Last edited by CarFan; 07-05-11 at 09:43 PM.
    07-05-11 09:21 PM
    Downloaded OTA and it works great.... i just am sure to back up my bb before i do it, and set it to do durring the middle of the night... never had a problem doing an ota so far
    07-06-11 09:14 AM
176 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD