is this Verizon only?
    No, Sprint users can use it as well.
    05-18-11 06:24 AM
    Been Running the leaked .524 on my VZW 9650 .. is there really any benefit to install the official ??
    Not really, no.
    BlackBerry Balance for BES is only thing new.
    Removed, I wouldn't want any new members on BIS to be confused with a BES related change.
    05-18-11 07:35 AM
    It would not effect BIS user anyways unless the device is activated on a BES.

But BIS users can remove it to free up some memory
    05-18-11 07:48 AM
    It would not effect BIS user anyways unless the device is activated on a BES.
    That was the point I was making, John.
    05-18-11 09:01 AM
    Did you look under options...device...then search to make sure those items were checked?
    I made sure everything was checked and its still not working but whatevs its not important anyway I barely use it. I just notice that my phone was having the issue and thought I'd ask about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 09:10 AM
    I am not running this new version of OS6 but I have never had much in the way of random reboots. OS6 runs smooth on my 9650 and would not move back to OS5 for love or money.

I suspect it's a bad BB or an app misbehaving and not the OS.

Tim
    Actually random reboots go back to 5.0.0.732, and may have been a problem in earlier OS' for 9650.

The camera app can cause it, and the smart wifi app is a known culprit.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/bo...-reset-497674/
    05-18-11 09:20 AM
    Well this build seemed to have fixed the small text issue when you load sites like CrackBerry.com

I had .436 and my phone was automatically updated to .542
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/vz...-524-a-616437/
    05-18-11 09:22 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that the "Search" icon has disappeared? In addition, usually my themes let me access universal search with the "S" key. This does not seem to work anymore either. If I change my home screen preference to universal search, search works fine (and quickly!) against a white background, but with keyboard shortcuts activated, no search is available. Everything else seems to be fine.
    05-18-11 09:26 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that the "Search" icon has disappeared? In addition, usually my themes let me access universal search with the "S" key. This does not seem to work anymore either. If I change my home screen preference to universal search, search works fine (and quickly!) against a white background, but with keyboard shortcuts activated, no search is available. Everything else seems to be fine.
    It does not disappear for me
    05-18-11 09:29 AM
    Well this build seemed to have fixed the small text issue when you load sites like CrackBerry.com

I had .436 and my phone was automatically updated to .542
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/vz...-524-a-616437/
    I still have the tiny text

Sounds like a problem with the themes. I have the search icon on the home screen with the default theme.
    05-18-11 09:35 AM
    I still have the tiny text
    Do you see the tiny text on the homepage ... www.crackberry.com ?
    05-18-11 09:40 AM
    Do you see the tiny text on the homepage ... www.crackberry.com ?
    I just looked at forums.crackberry.com, idk about the CB homepage
    05-18-11 09:57 AM
    Load the homepage, if it loads tiny where you have to zoom let me know.
    05-18-11 10:11 AM
    Load the homepage, if it loads tiny where you have to zoom let me know.
    Homepage does not do that, but forums pages do. One click of the magnifying glass zooms immediately to a text-wrap, column-like view that is very easy to read.
    05-18-11 10:50 AM
    One more click is allot of work lol ... it all ads up lol ..
    05-18-11 10:51 AM
    Well then you should try the latest version of Opera Mini 6 and set the text size to medium, even though small is still readable (large is just too LARGE!), so you don't have to click around so much, lol.

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers
    05-18-11 11:17 AM
    I initially updated to the leaked version of .524 months ago when it first dropped. Every so often, my phone will make a strange crackling noise that lasts for half a second. I thought I was going crazy for a moment but all of my friends can hear it too. This happens regardless of the sound profile chosen (normal, loud, silent, etc) and is somewhat annoying. I reverted back to .466 and the problem went away. I decided to give .524 another shot and downloaded the Verizon official OS yesterday, only to find that the problem still exists. Is anyone else experiencing this?? Could it be an issue with the radio file? Thanks for your input.
    05-18-11 01:18 PM
    I took the radio file out of 466 and swapped it into 524 and got the best of both.
    05-18-11 01:36 PM
    I'm running straight 524, I haven't noticed any crackling sounds.
    05-18-11 01:47 PM
    I initially updated to the leaked version of .524 months ago when it first dropped. Every so often, my phone will make a strange crackling noise that lasts for half a second. I thought I was going crazy for a moment but all of my friends can hear it too. This happens regardless of the sound profile chosen (normal, loud, silent, etc) and is somewhat annoying. I reverted back to .466 and the problem went away. I decided to give .524 another shot and downloaded the Verizon official OS yesterday, only to find that the problem still exists. Is anyone else experiencing this?? Could it be an issue with the radio file? Thanks for your input.
    I know tons of people using .524 as well as the few we have on it here at work and have never heard of that problem from any of them. Jim (cbreze) might have a solution that is worth trying, seems to work for him without issues.
    05-18-11 01:47 PM
    New text message over 160 input!!!!!!

Now it sends multiple texts automatically over 160! there is a 1/7 above the text messages
    I don't have that! is there a setting? Does anyone else have this?
    05-18-11 01:50 PM
    what do you see 160 ?
    05-18-11 02:33 PM
    Is there an OTA option with this release? I'm running 6.0.0.431 but I check software updates via my blackberry and it says my BB is up to date. I know OTA takes longer but I prefer it because I don't have to back anything up and redo all my settings.

Is there any way to force an OTA and get my device to recognize that it needs to be updated?
    05-18-11 04:37 PM
    I don't have that! is there a setting? Does anyone else have this?
    I don't have it either. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on Sprint BBs for whatever reason.
    05-18-11 04:39 PM
    visual voicemail isn't working after the upgrade. i get a "can't connect to server" error. does anyone else have this problem?
    05-18-11 05:30 PM
176 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD