Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9650 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2333 (Multilangauge)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2333
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.524
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.438
    File name: 9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2333_PL4.4.0.438_A6. 0.0.524_Verizon.exe

Image courtesy BlackBerryRocks.com:

Download here for Verizon customers:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates

We'll need a Verizon customer to upload and I'll add to this post with credit.
    Last edited by elite1; 05-17-11 at 07:09 AM.
    05-17-11 06:51 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    AP-123, vrs626 and jimcalvert#CB like this.
    05-17-11 06:53 AM
    Did the update last night, OTA
    05-17-11 08:44 AM
    Is there any issue with just updating OTA if you have verizon? Like will my apps and stuff be wiped or anything? I'm pretty new to blackberries so sorry if this is a newbie question

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 09:35 AM
    There's no issue to ota upgrade. It just takes far too long for most users. Your apps & contact data are all safe if you upgrade ota. 1 word of advice: make sure your BB is plugged in to a wall charger. Be prepared for it to take well over an hour. I've had ota upgrades take nearly 2 hours to completely finish.

05-17-11 10:04 AM
    If I already have .524 is there any additional benefit to getting this update?
    05-17-11 10:27 AM
    whats new in this version
    05-17-11 10:28 AM
    Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software
    update, 4.4.0.438, for your BlackBerry� Bold� 9650.
    Verizon Wireless and RIM encourage you to download this update.
    Call Features
    + Push to Talk groups appear consistently regardless of their online status.
    Email and Messaging
    + Supports Mobile Originated EMS messages.
    + Send SMS messages without error message interruption.
    + Russian language text messages display correctly.
    + Successfully send or edit text messages with a media file attachment.
    + Send recorded videos in a MMS message without audio interruption or delay.
    + Successfully preview maximum-length recorded videos and send
    as a text message.
    + View cursor properly when scrolling through sent BlackBerry
    Messenger messages.
    + New messages will accurately display in the Inbox.
    System Enhancements
    + The list screen displays properly when running applications.
    + After restoring a backup file, all contacts appear correctly.
    Web Browsing and Data Access
    + Includes BlackBerry Balance, enabling you to securely separate your
    business and personal data, applications and information.
    + Improvements to BlackBerry browser.
    Additional Device Features
    + Successfully scroll to the next day when in Day Calendar view.
    + �<Content Protection Enabled>� no longer displays in Subject
    and Description fields of Calendar events.
    05-17-11 10:38 AM
    I already have the leaked version of .524. Been using it for 2mths. What's so diff about the official os release

05-17-11 10:38 AM
    Hmmm mmkay gonna DL and see what happens!

05-17-11 10:40 AM
    Nothing "Hence" the leak of the OS...
    05-17-11 10:40 AM
    ive had this "leaked" version since it came out. its a pretty good OS, since 431 they redesigned a few of the apps, phone got a facelift, and there are a few other minor differences from passed OS6 builds. the reason this disappoints me is the browser. the 524 browser displays sites like crackberry with tiny, near microscopic font, i had hoped that verizon wouldn't approve this build, but i guess i'll deal with it as it is a pretty solid build. too bad though, it just came out and its already old.
    05-17-11 10:42 AM
    i really want to stick to os6, but os5 was much zippier, and more stable for me.

I am feeling like all rims resources have recently put in qnx and 7.0, and rim does nto care to support this product anymore.
    05-17-11 10:44 AM
    05-17-11 11:03 AM
    i really want to stick to os6, but os5 was much zippier, and more stable for me.

I am feeling like all rims resources have recently put in qnx and 7.0, and rim does nto care to support this product anymore.
    Ditto here... 6 has cool features but is trying to do too much with underpowered hardware.
    05-17-11 11:10 AM
    New text message over 160 input!!!!!!

Now it sends multiple texts automatically over 160! there is a 1/7 above the text messages
    05-17-11 11:11 AM
    There's no issue to ota upgrade. It just takes far too long for most users. Your apps & contact data are all safe if you upgrade ota. 1 word of advice: make sure your BB is plugged in to a wall charger. Be prepared for it to take well over an hour. I've had ota upgrades take nearly 2 hours to completely finish.

Thank you very much for the advice.

05-17-11 11:37 AM
    OS 6.0.0.524 for the Bold 9650 has been very stable, good battery life and no memory leaks from my experience. I now use it exclusively as the base OS for any hybrid that I may be using.
    05-17-11 12:42 PM
    So far, so good... seems to be a nice release.

The only issue I'm having is with Google Maps. Since the update, it's been unable to hone in on my location like it did previously. I get the "Your location within 1000 meters. GPS temporarily unavailable" message. With the last release I had, it would get within 3-5 meters usually. Anyone else having this issue?

I've checked my GPS settings and tried deleting and re-installing Google Maps, even booting up the BBMaps, but no luck.

EDIT: Also getting a lot of signal flux going between 3G and 1X where I had a steady signal before.
    Last edited by rmancinelli; 05-17-11 at 12:59 PM.
    05-17-11 12:52 PM
    ive had this "leaked" version since it came out. its a pretty good OS, since 431 they redesigned a few of the apps, phone got a facelift, and there are a few other minor differences from passed OS6 builds. the reason this disappoints me is the browser. the 524 browser displays sites like crackberry with tiny, near microscopic font, i had hoped that verizon wouldn't approve this build, but i guess i'll deal with it as it is a pretty solid build. too bad though, it just came out and its already old.
    Do another click as you bring up a thread. Browser will go into text wrap and make it readable. However, I still prefer OM6.
    05-17-11 12:59 PM
    Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9650 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2333 (Multilangauge)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2333
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.524
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.438
    File name: 9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2333_PL4.4.0.438_A6. 0.0.524_Verizon.exe

Image courtesy BlackBerryRocks.com:

Download here for Verizon customers:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates

We'll need a Verizon customer to upload and I'll add to this post with credit.
    u dont need a verizon customer just put in the number 111-111-1111 and u can dl the file
    Elite1 and SplinterCell like this.
    05-17-11 01:52 PM
    u dont need a verizon customer just put in the number 111-111-1111 and u can dl the file
    Very !!!

Maybe this is common knowledge in the CDMA device Forums, but I didn't know that… so thanks much!
    05-17-11 02:35 PM
    Been Running the leaked .524 on my VZW 9650 .. is there really any benefit to install the official ??
    05-17-11 02:41 PM
    Been Running the leaked .524 on my VZW 9650 .. is there really any benefit to install the official ??
    Not really, no.
    05-17-11 03:11 PM
    There's is absolutely no difference. It's exactly the same.

BlackBerry Balance for BES is only thing new.
    05-17-11 03:36 PM
176 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD