10-31-13 10:15 PM
412 12345 ...
tools
    I've never updated my BB with a PC, what do i do with the file once i download it? I tried downloading it straight from my 9930 but didn't work, someone please throw me a bone here
    10-19-11 12:10 AM
    I'm convinced we're just going to have to accept horrible battery life

The 9930 would be an Epic winning device if it had...

--- a real camera
    --- battery life that doesn't drain while holding the phone
    --- iPhone Emulator

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 12:19 AM
    I've never updated my BB with a PC, what do i do with the file once i download it? I tried downloading it straight from my 9930 but didn't work, someone please throw me a bone here
    Its in the computor.

10-19-11 12:20 AM
    Make sure you install BlackBerry Desktop Manager. It is pretty straight forward from there once you load the application. Good luck.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Put it this way, I just slipped into bed (in my panties) at 100% and now 15 mins later I have 91%

Such a joke.
    Was that necessary? lol

I think you should give it a little bit of time to settle in. When I first load an OS it seems to constantly transfer data for syncing, restoring, and setting up apps/options. Give it a day or two to really give a more accurate impression.

You could be right and the battery may not be better. I'm just saying that a drop of 9% in 15 min is likely for that reason.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 10-19-11 at 12:27 AM.
    10-19-11 12:25 AM
    Its in the computor.

Que? No Nintendo
    10-19-11 12:28 AM
    Down to 80% just browsing for 30 mins.

Unbelievably unnacceptable.

10-19-11 12:29 AM
    Its in the computor.

Make sure you install BlackBerry Desktop Manager. It is pretty straight forward from there once you load the application. Good luck.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

Was that necessary? lol

I think you should give it a little bit of time to settle in. When I first load an OS it seems to constantly transfer data for syncing, restoring, and setting up apps/options. Give it a day or two to really give a more accurate impression.

You could be right and the battery may not be better. I'm just saying that a drop of 9% in 15 min is likely for that reason.
    Yeah i tried it with the desktop manager and still couldn't get it to work, hopefully it gets released OTA tomorrow for simpletons like me
    10-19-11 12:30 AM
    Yeah i tried it with the desktop manager and still couldn't get it to work, hopefully it gets released OTA tomorrow for simpletons like me
    Make sure you installed the .374 exe file, plug the BB in, then load desktop manager. If it's not set to automatically look for updates you might have to set it to do so. Otherwise good luck with the OTA!
    10-19-11 12:53 AM

Yeah that is. There is something funny going on with just some devices. I have always had phenomenal battery performance on mine. Just installed .374 today and the battery is still kickin ****. Hopefully someone can figure it out at some point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 12:56 AM
    Make sure you installed the .374 exe file, plug the BB in, then load desktop manager. If it's not set to automatically look for updates you might have to set it to do so. Otherwise good luck with the OTA!
    Thanks a lot man! Got it to work finally, now hopefully my screen doesn't black out during calls and refusing to wake up while on a call lol
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-19-11 01:10 AM
    Thanks for the linkage. It's go time. About to my update my phone now, right before I backup all my serial numbers to the memory card. Nothing I hate more than retrieving all that info with every OS reload.
    10-19-11 01:14 AM
    Thanks for the linkage. It's go time. About to my update my phone now, right before I backup all my serial numbers to the memory card. Nothing I hate more than retrieving all that info with every OS reload.
    You aint lying.. the back up is a pain in the ****, i wish everything was just in the cloud
    10-19-11 01:21 AM
    Got Error 507 on the first try. IMMEDIATELY, regretting my decision to do this at 2:30 a.m.
    10-19-11 01:32 AM
    You aint lying.. the back up is a pain in the ****, i wish everything was just in the cloud
    I recommend BlackBerry Protect if you aren't using it. It backs up/restores all your data through the cloud so there's no need for Desktop Manager anymore.

I agree though. The backing up/restoring can be a real pain.

Got Error 507 on the first try. IMMEDIATELY, regretting my decision to do this at 2:30 a.m.
    I had a lot of issues with DM7 beta. If you're on it, I'd recommend reverting back to DM6.1 official. It really solved all of my problems. Good luck!
    10-19-11 01:46 AM
    I recommend BlackBerry Protect if you aren't using it. It backs up/restores all your data through the cloud so there's no need for Desktop Manager anymore.

I agree though. The backing up/restoring can be a real pain.
    Does that include data like serial numbers for BeWeather and BeBuzz and MeterBerry? I haven't explored the features with great effort, but I'm curious.

I had a lot of issues with DM7 beta. If you're on it, I'd recommend reverting back to DM6.1 official. It really solved all of my problems. Good luck!
    I wish I was better with my BlackBerry to understand what that meant lol. I've only been around since the 8700; maybe I should know by now. Normally I don't DL any beta OS. But this one carries the official title, so I figured it'd be safe. So far no good. At least my Desktop Manager is loading the application modules now. I like to think the extra 25 minutes was good for me.
    Last edited by Amen; 10-19-11 at 01:50 AM.
    10-19-11 01:47 AM
    Does that include data like serial numbers for BeWeather and BeBuzz and MeterBerry? I haven't explored the features with great effort, but I'm curious.

If you store that in memos on the device then yeah. Memos are part of what Protect can back up for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 01:53 AM
    mine keeps locking up at "uploading RAM image", then I get an error that:

Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

10-19-11 02:23 AM

I wish I was better with my BlackBerry to understand what that meant lol. I've only been around since the 8700; maybe I should know by now. Normally I don't DL any beta OS. But this one carries the official title, so I figured it'd be safe. So far no good. At least my Desktop Manager is loading the application modules now. I like to think the extra 25 minutes was good for me.
    I'm sorry. By DM I mean Desktop Manager. So they are on DM7 beta now in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. I've been having some problems with it though. If you aren't testing with them then I recommend installing the latest stable DM6.1 which is at BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

This latest OS is a Verizon official btw, so yes it should be safe. What I can recommend is uninstalling any desktop manager and bbos installed on your computer. Then

1. Install the latest DM6.1 and this Verizon .374 build. That should clear up any bad files and start you fresh.

2. Go to My Computer, then C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/

3. Delete the vendor.xml file in there

4. Go back one directory, again to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/

5. Plug in your BB through USB

6. Double click the Loader exe file (phone icon)

7. Follow the steps to install the OS

From here it should start to detect the pin on your BB, then ask which applications you want to install with. You will see it start to install everything and your phone will reboot until it is completed. I recommend not unplugging the USB connection until you see your BB completely booted into the OS and beginning to setup on the screen of the BB.

This is the way many of us load the OS these days. It is basically using the manual App Loader that is included with DM. I think of it as the more raw, straight forward form of installing an OS without all of the fluff.

Hope it works
    10-19-11 02:28 AM
    Put it this way, I just slipped into bed (in my panties) at 100% and now 15 mins later I have 91%

Such a joke.

Hey don't get you panties in an uproar give it some time.

By the early posts though I may also give this some time.....
    10-19-11 05:07 AM
    pretty much same battery life for me ( had the .352 before). to be honest i don't feel anything changed in terms of battery life and overall speed, everything works good as it should be. so far so good.
    10-19-11 05:35 AM
    So far so good for me. Picked up 5 MB in storage space as well! That'll come in handy with the free apps RIM is giving us. Too early to tell on battery yet; seems to be as good as before (which was good, btw).
    10-19-11 06:08 AM

Such a joke.

I can almost garentee that battery life would stay around 100% if you slipped into bed (NOT in your panties)

lmao, Im such a dude. Dont mind me

Anyways, The build seems good for me. No problems with the battery, seems about the same. It might be an application she has installed thats draining that battery. More then likely, the app thats calculating the percentage. That could be draining it.
    Last edited by Terrigno; 10-19-11 at 06:13 AM.
    10-19-11 06:09 AM
    LOL. What I was thinking last night... I opted to wait.
    10-19-11 06:33 AM
    I fired this up last night and it went through without a hitch on my Sprint 9930. As far as improvments over the previous official for the 9930 I think it is too soon to tell but I can say the touchscreen does seem a bit more responsive but overall it seems on par with the previous.
    10-19-11 07:52 AM

I have six 9930's here and they all get all day battery life. If you consistenly have that bad of battery drain, I would see about getting your unit replaced.
    nmaguire001 likes this.
    10-19-11 08:15 AM
412 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD