However, if you do the OTA through a qood wi-fi network, it could potentially go smooth and successfully install?
    It could, and it could still stall and fail. Why waste a ton of time waiting for it to download and then install when you can cable up to apploader and be done in 30 minutes?

As you can see here: sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't: ota update failed
    12-07-11 07:42 AM
    Anybody else got a lot of spinning clocks,random pauses on music playback and overall instability on their phone?

Seriously disappointed with this crap!
    12-09-11 07:38 AM
    Nope. Sounds like something you have installed on your phone isn't playing nicely.
    12-09-11 08:32 AM
    Anybody else got a lot of spinning clocks,random pauses on music playback and overall instability on their phone?

Seriously disappointed with this crap!
    Not the common experience, try reloading your OS.
    12-09-11 10:48 AM
    Nope. Sounds like something you have installed on your phone isn't playing nicely.
    So you hadn't experience any spinning clock ever on this phone?
    12-09-11 12:50 PM
    Once, perhaps, and as I recall that was after installing an app that I quickly deleted because it was junk.

*shrug*

Put it this way: if there has been a spinning clock on my 9930, it has been such an infrequent event that I don't even think about it. I can't tell you the last time I have seen one.
    12-09-11 01:00 PM
    Once, perhaps, and as I recall that was after installing an app that I quickly deleted because it was junk.

*shrug*

Put it this way: if there has been a spinning clock on my 9930, it has been such an infrequent event that I don't even think about it. I can't tell you the last time I have seen one.
    BTW,do you have compression on? Mine is on ,turning it off now to see if it helps.
    12-09-11 01:53 PM
    Yes, compression is on. Additionally, I only have default apps running at all times with the exception of Touch, a cross-platform BBM-like app. Check your running apps to see if ending them has an impact on how often you see the wait cursor.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 12-09-11 at 03:06 PM.
    12-09-11 02:59 PM
    Yes, compression is on. Additionally, I only have default apps running at all times with the exception of Touch, a cross-platform BBM-like app. Check your running apps to see if ending them has an impact on how often you see the wait cursor.
    I turned off compression and It seems that the spinning clock is gone for now.
    12-10-11 04:01 PM
    My 9930 from Verizon came out of the box with .374. One question. Has anybody had any problems with the browser? Every now and then my browser will crash with an error message that says something like, "your browser has closed for some unexpected reason." I regularly use a memory cleaner which doesn't seem to make much difference. Does anybody else get this error message or have this problem? Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-11 10:55 PM
    My 9930 from Verizon came out of the box with .374. One question. Has anybody had any problems with the browser? Every now and then my browser will crash with an error message that says something like, "your browser has closed for some unexpected reason." I regularly use a memory cleaner which doesn't seem to make much difference. Does anybody else get this error message or have this problem? Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it happens several times to me but I just relaunch the browser and it seems to go away for a while. Maybe its a bug in the browser that a software can probably fixed,we are overdue for one by the way.
    12-11-11 01:19 AM
    NOT happy. Updated to this version last night and everything worked well. Then did a battery pull an hour ago and all setting were gone. ALL SETTINGS. Just spent the past hour re-doing everything. Afraid to do another battery pull now.
    12-12-11 12:23 AM
    when new update will release ?
    12-12-11 05:55 AM
    NOT happy. Updated to this version last night and everything worked well. Then did a battery pull an hour ago and all setting were gone. ALL SETTINGS. Just spent the past hour re-doing everything. Afraid to do another battery pull now.
    What settings are you talking about? as far as I know ,you can do a restore from a backup,if you had one.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-12-11 06:27 AM
    Rafiks -

Every damn setting I had. Email, wireless, wi-fi, wallpaper, panels, browser, bookmarks wiped, bluetooth, user-created folders, location of icons. It was like I turned on the phone for the first time (except files on the sd card). It was weird.
    12-12-11 08:57 AM
    Rafiks -

Every damn setting I had. Email, wireless, wi-fi, wallpaper, panels, browser, bookmarks wiped, bluetooth, user-created folders, location of icons. It was like I turned on the phone for the first time (except files on the sd card). It was weird.
    Did you do a restore from a backup?
    12-13-11 11:20 AM
    Rafiks -

Agree with Rafiks - sounds like you either didn't select to restore after update or there wasn't anything backed up. Going forward, just remember redundancy is a good thing when it comes to backups - make as many as you like as long as there's more than one to fall back on. My preference is to do a manual before updating just in case the temp backup fails during reload.
    12-13-11 11:28 AM
    I did a backup with BB Protect. However, when I launched BBP, it acted like it was brand new as well. It did not see any backups I did. And I do them about every other day.
    12-13-11 01:45 PM
    I did a backup with BB Protect. However, when I launched BBP, it acted like it was brand new as well. It did not see any backups I did. And I do them about every other day.
    Sounds to me like something I read on the CB blogs. Here's the explanation: Mea Culpa. My faith restored in BlackBerry Protect.
    12-13-11 01:52 PM
    phone is bricked
    12-13-11 09:37 PM
    phone is bricked
    Then post in one of the million 9900 is bricked threads. This thread is about the 7.0.0.374 OS for 9930.
    12-14-11 07:19 AM
    I think I may have a problem. I'm updating my 9930 ota with wifi on and Verizon service off. I downloaded the software update without a problem and now it's up to the part with backing up my data. It's up to 13% of overall backup process and now it's about to backup social feeds and it has been stuck this way for over 20 minutes already. I rarely open the social feeds app to begin with. Is this normal?
    12-28-11 01:38 PM
    OTA is painfully long when updating... took me almost 2 hours 2 months ago. Sit tight.
    12-28-11 01:45 PM
    OTA is painfully long when updating... took me almost 2 hours 2 months ago. Sit tight.
    Time is not an issue, I have it, lol, it's just that I wanted to make sure this wasn't something bad because it's still backing up my data and it's been at 13% for almost 40 minutes now.
    12-28-11 01:47 PM
    Hmmm... it could be an issue. Do you have a lot of info in social feeds?
    12-28-11 01:52 PM
412 ... 1314151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD