Just upgrade my Verizon 9930 to .374
    Experiencing battery drain badly. My 9930 battery 100% 6am drain completely 6pm with very few calls and BBM.

Edited:
    Found the link to OEM .254 software..

Seems the .374 doesn't work in my country. Battery drain 10% in 1 Hr on standby.
    Why wouldn't it work in your country??? lol
    11-22-11 07:38 AM
    battery is ok no this version
    11-22-11 12:33 PM
    battery is ok no this version
    what??????
    11-23-11 09:12 AM
    ANyone have the following issue?

When I receive or make a call, move the handset away from my face, the screen is supposed to light up to allow for options (speaker phone, etc.). Since this update, it doesn't light up at all (the proximity sensor seems disabled or something), and I cannot get it to light up UNLESS I press and hold 'S' for speakerphone, then it will light up. Not th end of the world, but still somewhat annoying...
    11-23-11 09:15 AM

When I receive or make a call, move the handset away from my face, the screen is supposed to light up to allow for options (speaker phone, etc.). Since this update, it doesn't light up at all (the proximity sensor seems disabled or something), and I cannot get it to light up UNLESS I press and hold 'S' for speakerphone, then it will light up. Not th end of the world, but still somewhat annoying...
    Yes, same here, only sometimes though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 10:00 AM

Is the little sensor flashing a faint red when on a call? Its just to the left of the led indicator. Try in a darker room to see. If its not flashing, there's something wrong and you should either get a replacement or wipe and reload. I've been on this OS since release and this hasn't happened once, averaging 15-20 calls per day.
    11-24-11 10:05 AM
    So, I upgraded to .374 a couple of weeks ago. Didn't like that the double-tap/zoom feature in the browser worked poor on many mobile formatted sites. Simply put version .254 worked on more sites. I decided to downgrade back to .254 today. Once I did the downgrade the double-tap/zoom feature works much better. I can't believe that this was worse in .374. Amazing and unfortunate. So folks, you are better off browsing with the .254 version.
    11-27-11 09:27 AM
    So, I upgraded to .374 a couple of weeks ago. Didn't like that the double-tap/zoom feature in the browser worked poor on many mobile formatted sites. Simply put version .254 worked on more sites. I decided to downgrade back to .254 today. Once I did the downgrade the double-tap/zoom feature works much better. I can't believe that this was worse in .374. Amazing and unfortunate. So folks, you are better off browsing with the .254 version.

Must be just you.

Browser is better with this build.

I have tried three builds.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-27-11 12:20 PM
    Doubt it. I switched the software twice and .254 allows tap/zoom (and the I and O buttons) to work on many MORE mobile pages where in .374 they do not. Must be that you aren't understanding how to use these features.
    11-28-11 05:03 AM
    Must be just you.

Browser is better with this build.

I have tried three builds.

BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    +1 374 works just fine.

Doubt it. I switched the software twice and .254 allows tap/zoom (and the I and O buttons) to work on many MORE mobile pages where in .374 they do not. Must be that you aren't understanding how to use these features.
    Don't even think about telling me I don't understand these features
    11-28-11 02:23 PM
    i bought a bb 9930/verizon in the market. i inserted my sim ,all was working, then i made a successful update of the os, after tht my 9930 browsing, bbm and other features stopped working, i had an unlimited data plan and it was working then how can i fix this problem??????????????any body please
    11-28-11 09:16 PM
    I upgraded to 374 only a week ago and find that it has enhanced everything. I have a theory why Verizon waits and is usually the last one to offer the OS Upgrades and perhaps they learn from all the other problems the leaks report (as bricking) and can "fix" those and offer more of a hassle free OS. I'm also sure they make sure that they update Push to Talk so they can extract more dollars from you but I can also imagine that if they produce a more efficient OS they won't be as flooded in their Tech Support department and it is a good service.
    11-30-11 08:42 AM
    ...but I can also imagine that if they produce a more efficient OS they won't be as flooded in their Tech Support department and it is a good service.
    Verizon doesn't produce the OS, RIM does.
    11-30-11 09:03 AM
    It's hard to believe that this is still the latest release for the 9930. So dissappointing.
    12-04-11 12:47 PM
    It's hard to believe that this is still the latest release for the 9930. So dissappointing.

That's why I'm running a hybrid.

Sent from my (374/440/474/540/7.1.0.58/7.1.0.74) King Resurrection Hybrid 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-04-11 03:41 PM
    That's why I'm running a hybrid.

Sent from my (374/440/474/540/7.1.0.58/7.1.0.74) King Resurrection Hybrid 9930 using Tapatalk
    This is relevant to my interest. How do you create a hybrid?
    12-04-11 07:06 PM
    I read before the 7.1 will come out in November....will this come out also for the 9930?
    12-04-11 10:19 PM
    Do I need to delete the vendor file if I'm using this on verizon?

12-05-11 06:49 AM
    How do you create a hybrid?
    Copy
    Paste

I read before the 7.1 will come out in November....will this come out also for the 9930?
    I've heard it's coming soon

Do I need to delete the vendor file if I'm using this on verizon?
    No
    12-05-11 07:48 AM
    Since i'm on Verizon. Is there any reason NOT to do an OTA update and use a computer instead?
    12-05-11 07:31 PM
    Since i'm on Verizon. Is there any reason NOT to do an OTA update and use a computer instead?
    Yes of course, just make sure you download the correct installer from the first page and install using DM. Make sure you do a clean uninstall of any previous device OS in your computer.

On a different note, is there any news if Verizon is planning to release an update for the 9930 anytime soon? God, we sure are missing a lot. Good thing we have hybrids available and I have an SGT to take care of wifi hotspot.

Last edited by snihed; 12-06-11 at 05:53 AM.
    12-06-11 05:51 AM
    OTAs take forever to download and install, and some users have reported failures.
    12-06-11 09:21 AM
    The reason why I ask is because I only have access to a MAC.... Since this is a official release and i'm with verizon, will the blackberry desktop software for the MAC recognize this and do the update through the MAC?
    12-06-11 01:44 PM
    The reason why I ask is because I only have access to a MAC.... Since this is a official release and i'm with verizon, will the blackberry desktop software for the MAC recognize this and do the update through the MAC?
    Yes, you can do officials thru DM on a Mac. I'd suggest skipping the OTA.
    ohhh my likes this.
    12-06-11 02:09 PM
    However, if you do the OTA through a qood wi-fi network, it could potentially go smooth and successfully install?
    12-06-11 10:43 PM
412 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD