Just upgraded to this this morning. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces.
    11-02-11 11:21 AM
    I updated on Monday and I will say this, it is sucking the life out of my battery. My phone has been off the charger today for two hours and I am one bar away from having half of my battery life left for the day. I have reported the issue to verizon.
    11-02-11 12:03 PM
    Read the thread, do some battery pulls, relax. It takes a few Days for a new OS to stabilize on your device. I do not know why this is, but most of us experience this same issue and that is almost certainly the cure. It has been for me in the many years I've been doing this......
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    11-02-11 12:21 PM
    My battery life has been noticeably better in this version than in the last.
    11-02-11 01:47 PM
    I did a fresh install and I can not longer use my Battery Meter as a timer. I am happy now.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 11-07-11 at 07:00 AM.
    11-02-11 02:03 PM
    I upgraded and the spacebar fell off my keyboard...
    11-02-11 06:36 PM
    Did the upgrade. Went beautiful. No problem. All apps up and running. Logged into BBID the FIRST try. Set up emails. BEAUTIFUL. I took my media card out BEFORE the update. Pulled battery. Put in SD. 603 ERROR (pulled battery-"3 finger salute"-hit reset MULTIPLE times with 3-5 minute wait periods for 2 hours)...NO COMPUTER...so after MUCH yelling (my 3rd 9930) VZW is downgrading me to a 9650. C-YA!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 06:55 PM
    After the update I'm constantly roaming, and I've not been able to connect to 1XEVDO (3G for CDMA) since. It's been going in and out for 2 days.

Any thoughts on this? Ideas to fix the radio at all?

11-03-11 07:55 AM
    Message to all,

I see plenty of messages like:

"My battery life is so much better..."
    "My battery is better than my last version..."
    "Before, I used to drain my battery... "
    etc...

Could all of you please repost and let us all know what you're comparing to? It's impossible for anyone to judge whether to upgrade for better battery life, when we don't know whether you are comparing to the last official OS, the last leak, the original OS, etc. To avoid confusion, could you please post the version (.xxx) you were running before?

Thanks!!
    11-04-11 09:13 AM
    I am still on .362. Battery life is pretty decent, and I definitely don't want to make it worse by upgrading the OS. Can anyone compare their battery life between the two?

Also, my browser is crashing a fair amount on .362. Is .374 any better?

Any reports would be appreciated. Thanks.
    11-04-11 09:19 AM
    Did the upgrade. Went beautiful. No problem. All apps up and running. Logged into BBID the FIRST try. Set up emails. BEAUTIFUL. I took my media card out BEFORE the update. Pulled battery. Put in SD. 603 ERROR (pulled battery-"3 finger salute"-hit reset MULTIPLE times with 3-5 minute wait periods for 2 hours)...NO COMPUTER...so after MUCH yelling (my 3rd 9930) VZW is downgrading me to a 9650. C-YA!!!!!
    Sorry you feel that way.

I understand the frustration after 3 times. Hope the 9650 works better for you. Good luck.
    11-05-11 01:44 AM
    Sorry you feel that way.

I understand the frustration after 3 times. Hope the 9650 works better for you. Good luck.
    To the OP re: above, You need an iphone :P

Seriously.

11-05-11 10:49 AM
    I thought CITY ID came with this built?
    According to the Verizon link, it should be included.
    http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...e/bold9930.pdf

Anybody had any success loading it?
    11-06-11 01:56 AM
    I bought the new 9930 in August. Nice phone. The Double tap or the I or O shortcut would pretty much zoom in and wrap the text very nicely on nearly every web page. Yesterday I upgraded to version 7.0.0.374 (bundle 1739) and the function doesn't work as it did before. There are certain web pages that will not zoom in any longer. Seems to be the mobile formatted pages that don't work. Font size in the browser options does not change it either. I do have the browser short cut options (so I can use spacebar, I or O, T or B)turned on and they work on some web pages. Anyone else have this problem and a solution? Using the I or O buttons was a nice feature that I relied on to render pages.

I'd hate to have to try to revert back to my previous software (mostly because I don't remember what version it was ) Thanks.
    11-06-11 06:37 AM
    yesterday i was talking about worse battery life, worse signal and worse wifi reception from 474 compared to 440.
    Today same problems plus i installed an app and all the rest apps disappeared...
    11-06-11 06:55 AM
    I finally got up the courage this morning and upgraded my Verizon 9930. So far so good in that the phone seems to be working ok. Haven't put it through it's paces yet though. NFC is now an option, don't know what to do with it . I lost my Quick Launch options but I can remake them.

The real reason I upgraded was the "no scroll upward in the text screen" glitch and so far I haven't seen it. We'll see.

Does seem a little more "laggy" though. Oh, and it took a little under two hours start to finish OTA.
    11-06-11 09:26 AM
    Upgraded, everything works perfect..battery life is still rockin!
    11-06-11 01:45 PM
    After reading all 18 pages on this thread, am I the only one experiencing intermittent issues when I am on a phone call and pull the phone away from my ear the display still stays black? Pushing on any keys (volume up or down, space, blackberry button) the display continues to stay black? Sometimes it will even work like it should then act up for a bit then return to normal.
    My upgrade process was a wipe with BBSAK, apploader to install the OS that I downloaded from the link here. I also have tried to reinstall the OS twice and still having the issue. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I might downgrade as I find this quite annoying..

Thanks,
    Nick
    I have such glitch with .254 installed. When you actually click the call button after dialing the number the screen goes black at once and stays that way till the end of the call. However, turning loudspeaker on via $ button brings it back on. No idea why this happens.
    11-07-11 12:12 PM
    I have such glitch with .254 installed. When you actually click the call button after dialing the number the screen goes black at once and stays that way till the end of the call. However, turning loudspeaker on via $ button brings it back on. No idea why this happens.

Do a couple of battery pulls, if that doesn't help wipe the phone and reload the OS.

Via BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk�
    11-07-11 01:44 PM
    Do a couple of battery pulls, if that doesn't help wipe the phone and reload the OS.

Via BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk�
    Updated to .374 yesterday.
    All good for now.
    11-08-11 01:24 AM
    Can I download this OS if I am on Sprint?
    11-08-11 03:41 PM
    As long as you download an OS for the 9930, it doesn't matter what carrier endorses it. So the answer to your question is: yes.
    11-08-11 03:42 PM
    Can I download this OS if I am on Sprint?
    Yes. All software updates specific to the 9930 CDMA variant (Verizon/Sprint/etc.) are compatible with one another.

You just CAN'T use the 9900 software meant for carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, Vodafone, etc.
    11-08-11 03:44 PM
    Has anybody being able to successfully download City ID for their 9930???
    11-09-11 12:41 AM
    any possible way to install this OTA?
    11-10-11 08:37 AM
412 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD