finally able to dl it ota with verizon.
    10-26-11 12:43 PM
    It seems like this OS upgrade makes the phone slower switching between and opening apps.
    10-26-11 01:21 PM
    It seems like this OS upgrade makes the phone slower switching between and opening apps.

Do some battery pulls.

This build is nice. No clocks. Battery is great.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-26-11 01:48 PM
    Thanks HankHowdy
    10-26-11 02:16 PM
    finally able to dl it ota with verizon.
    Did 1 upgrade using BB Desktop Mgr on a test BB (activated onto our BES) that had a leaked version of .340. Worked, but it wiped out all the settings/configurations, as well as all the emails, calendar items etc... (using a test exchange account) that were on the BB.

Did 1 upgrade OTA on a new BB, activated onto Verizon but not activated onto our BES. Took seemingly forever (45 mins?), but did eventuallyy complete.

Did 1 upgrade OTA on another new BB, activated both onto Verizon and our BES (a new hire account). Also took forever, and during the actual install it went into a "patching java", then another java bit, then beeped & rebooted back into the "patching java" bit, and then eventually completed. Emails, calendar items and prior settings all still there.

All 3 seem to be working fine.
    10-26-11 04:39 PM
    Just updated to bundle 1739 on Mac DM - took a half hour from backup to completing the final reboot. No problems with the update. Time to test it out.
    What does this update provide? I just got this update option today and I currently have 1341...what are the benefits? Not sure I really understand the bundle upgrade. Can someone explain it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 09:02 PM
    What does this update provide? I just got this update option today and I currently have 1341...what are the benefits? Not sure I really understand the bundle upgrade. Can someone explain it?

Official OS 7.0.0.374 for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 now available from Verizon
    10-26-11 09:16 PM

Check out this article: Official OS 7.0.0.374 for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 now available from Verizon | CrackBerry.com. Lots of bug fixes, but biggest item in my mind is enabling NFC. With the announcement by Mastercard that PayPass will be supported on the 9900 (which better mean 9930 too) it's just a matter of time before I can leave my credit card home!

I did notice my emails are being grouped together by sender/subject. This wasn't occurring before the update and coming from OS 5 I didn't know this was an option. Anyone know if this was a bug fix not mentioned or the option was turned on my the update?
    10-26-11 09:23 PM
    I've just had installed since it became official. BTW WOW on how long it takes to update the OS on a BB.

My only gripe so far is that the VZ icons keep coming back along with the Bing icon. I had them hidden before and keep on hiding and they keep coming back.

The battery life appears to be just about the same, I have been lucky with my battery I get around 12-14+ hours of usage. I tend to have mostly the BB apps: News, BBM Music, etc. What I don't remember being able to do that I can now is hiding my calendar from the desktop. For some reason I just cannot remember if I was able to do that function with the previous OS.

I like the idea of the NFC being enabled though I really have no clue where and when I will be able to use it. But hey it's there! And some folks say that BB is falling behind?

In love with my 9930 every day I find out more about it and how easy it is to do things on a phone that has vast options; not speaking apps.

Peace
    10-26-11 10:25 PM
    I've been on BES for umteen years. I just got an OTA push from VZW to update device software. I've NEVER had that happen before. Always had to be through BES Admin or I had to initiate on my own.

10-27-11 12:16 AM
    Has anyone being able to download City ID?
    10-27-11 04:03 AM
    So this is the os update? It only says bundle update...says nothing on my device about .374....would this still be the OTA os update?

Check out this article: Official OS 7.0.0.374 for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 now available from Verizon | CrackBerry.com. Lots of bug fixes, but biggest item in my mind is enabling NFC. With the announcement by Mastercard that PayPass will be supported on the 9900 (which better mean 9930 too) it's just a matter of time before I can leave my credit card home!

I did notice my emails are being grouped together by sender/subject. This wasn't occurring before the update and coming from OS 5 I didn't know this was an option. Anyone know if this was a bug fix not mentioned or the option was turned on my the update?
    10-27-11 06:22 AM
    I got the OTA update yesterday, took forever.
    All settings were preserved, only issue I had was having two contact Adress Books as I use Google Sync.

10-27-11 08:06 AM
    I've been on BES for umteen years. I just got an OTA push from VZW to update device software. I've NEVER had that happen before. Always had to be through BES Admin or I had to initiate on my own.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Already had a few freaked out end users contacting our Support.
    10-27-11 10:34 AM
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Already had a few freaked out end users contacting our Support.
    Strange...

10-27-11 01:25 PM
    I haven't gotten notification for OTA and when I use DM it says no updates available. How do I get this update? I just want something to fix the black screen of death every time I make a phone call.

I am an enterprise user and can't install anything on my desktop but could do this through OTA or DM if it was available to me. Technically I'm not supposed to update it myself but my plan is to do it and ask forgiveness.
    10-27-11 03:44 PM
    Okay after clicking DM update 5 times it finally found the update available -- weird.
    10-27-11 04:24 PM
    I haven't gotten notification for OTA and when I use DM it says no updates available. How do I get this update? I just want something to fix the black screen of death every time I make a phone call.

I am an enterprise user and can't install anything on my desktop but could do this through OTA or DM if it was available to me. Technically I'm not supposed to update it myself but my plan is to do it and ask forgiveness.
    Someone told me this might be a feature of OS7... Dunno.

10-27-11 09:41 PM
    Now I can't wait to be able to use NFC
    10-28-11 04:48 AM
    You got to download it first thru the link then reopen desktop manager and it should pop up.
    10-28-11 04:55 AM
    For those on BES:

Did the OTA update kick you off the enterprise server?

I may well be reading the post wrong, but the guy who tested 3 different BB's with the update seemed to indicate that a DM install kicked him off BES, but not OTA.

10-28-11 06:09 AM
    For those on BES:

Did the OTA update kick you off the enterprise server?

I may well be reading the post wrong, but the guy who tested 3 different BB's with the update seemed to indicate that a DM install kicked him off BES, but not OTA.

It didn't for me. I lost all emails in my message folder which wasn't a big deal but other than that the OTA update went smooth.
    10-28-11 10:09 AM
    I am on BESX and BIS did update using DM. No problems had to tweak a few settings thats all
    10-28-11 01:42 PM
    did the OTA update and its taking FOREVER. its still going on the 'linking java' stage. man oh man, longest update in the history of updates

=D
    10-28-11 03:25 PM
    Yikes. Updating OTA. This is painful. Come on Bold!
    10-28-11 03:36 PM
412 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD