The two Bolds i picked up yesterday (sunday) came with .374 -- so it's definitely an official version.
    Edit: Let me take my quote back -- the Bold contains .254 -- and when checking the OTA software update, it tells me that i do have the latest version...

Regardless of all this, as one previous poster stated -- there's always a chance that official versions brick your phone.

Just remember that the unofficial versions that are leaked are always candidate releases for _all_ providers to consider.

They need to test that particular version against their infrastructure. And then, for instance with AT&T, the provider after selecting a proper version, needs to apply the 'bloatware'.

Only then it's released to the public.

As far as my two Bolds -- not sure if I will be updating yet - it's only day 2 of real use, to get to know the device, etc.
    Last edited by TheRealRoland; 10-24-11 at 01:43 PM.
    mrrsquared79 likes this.
    10-24-11 01:41 PM
    Frustrating...downloading. It gets stuck at 69% and says waiting for server.
    10-24-11 02:58 PM
    Another thing, I won't use "snappy", but this build is tons smoother. None of the "dual screen freezing" or sms funkiness. I mean, its an official OS so I assume its supposed to be that good. Browser is a lot smoother & more responsive when I zoom in. I'm sitting here at close to 4:30 with 35% battery, when before it was on the charger at 3pm. Every day like clockwork. Highly reccomended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 03:25 PM
    Downloaded and installed this upgrade... had a few issues until I downloaded/reinstalled my service books... Now it flies... will report back later on battery strength and uncaught exceptions...
    10-24-11 03:39 PM
    Indeed, the OTA is now available -- 7.0.0 bundle 1739
    10-24-11 04:13 PM
    Finished and installed. Just noticed lost around 35 mb on my app memory...NFC? It's so far ok...still hasn't seen anything spectacular....thoughts?
    10-24-11 05:21 PM
    Yup, installing the official update now OTA. Here's to good luck on making things work even better
    10-24-11 06:07 PM
    UPDATE.... I have been running 3 days now and battery life is great I did have to install a second time due to 507 error and battery drain issues. I ALSO pulled battery a total of three times for 1 minute each time. I did not do this all at once, I actually pulled battery once a day near full charge. Very happy with this build so far! Hope this helps....by the way, anyone using a battery booster app or anything like it, if so, does it work for you?
    10-24-11 07:10 PM
    Finished and installed. Just noticed lost around 35 mb on my app memory...NFC? It's so far ok...still hasn't seen anything spectacular....thoughts?
    This is probably the size of the download, when done OTA -- currently downloading (using wifi :-) ), size for me is about 27mb (de-selected all the other languages except for english).
    manny745i likes this.
    10-24-11 08:04 PM
    So NFC is now enabled. What now?
    10-24-11 08:07 PM
    This is probably the size of the download, when done OTA -- currently downloading (using wifi :-) ), size for me is about 27mb (de-selected all the other languages except for english).
    had a bit of a worry -- after the phone installed / patched the OS - it got stuck at the Verizon logo after booting up.

only after connecting it to the laptop, running Desktop Software, did it start up without issues. any subsequent startups were ok, disconnected from the laptop.

Phew!
    10-24-11 10:19 PM
    Downgrading after OTA install... Seemed to mess up my text messages and email started going really slow... Tried about 5 or 6 battery pulls. 1st reboot gave me JVM error. I might have bad install so will try again from DM.
    10-24-11 11:16 PM
    Really liking this build so far. I don't see much difference in performance, everything is still very smooth. I've only had it since yesterday, but battery life seems better. I like the addition of nfc, even though I don't have much use for it yet.

A couple of problems I've been having:
    -after every reboot a select few of the icons I previously hid (namely the VZW music apps, PTT icon, and the Bing icon (none of which I actually have installed) show on my home screens and I need to re-hide them.
    -i also have a decent amount of less app memory after every reboot. Is there some way to get that lost memory back?

10-25-11 07:53 AM
    I checked my phone and an upgrade is available (Bundle 1739).... but when I check vzw.smithmicro.com site... it still has Bundle 1341.

I use a Mac so I guess I'll still have to wait (if i choose not to do OTA)??
    10-25-11 09:15 AM
    So this is the version v7.0.0.734, Platform 5.0.0.552 ???

If so then I upgraded fine I guess? lol
    10-25-11 10:38 AM
    Battery life on this OS has been terrible for me. I'm fully charged and 30mins later I'm down to 90% having barely done anything. After about 8hrs it's completely drained.
    10-25-11 12:18 PM
    This build has been terrible for me. Last night I left my phone connected to the charging pod. When I woke up (7am Eastern time) it had the icon that it was fully charged. 100%. However, as I went through out my day battery started decreasing. Around (1:00pm Eastern time) battery was on 15%. Any suggestions to what's draining the battery? I don't use much of my phone since I'm at school all morning. I have no apps opened nor I use the wifi..

10-25-11 01:17 PM
    Really liking this build so far. I don't see much difference in performance, everything is still very smooth. I've only had it since yesterday, but battery life seems better. I like the addition of nfc, even though I don't have much use for it yet.

A couple of problems I've been having:
    -after every reboot a select few of the icons I previously hid (namely the VZW music apps,
    This is a common problem. One solution is to create a folder and put all of those icons in the folder and then HIDE THE FOLDER. That is what I did and haven't had any issues since.

As for battery life on this build, I actually find it to be better, not that mine was bad before. That being said, anything is better than my Droid Incredible!
    10-25-11 03:08 PM
    downloading 1739 now OTA now. Fingers crossed.
    10-25-11 04:06 PM
    I was able to do an OTA for bundle 1739 last night. I'm not sure what changes it brought. feels like browser is better.
    10-25-11 04:07 PM
    ive been on this build for a while now.

batt life has improved a little
    screen is a tad more responsive
    most bugs have been kinked (random freeze bug)

my only issue has been deleting browsing history doesnt work unless i do it manually
    10-25-11 08:52 PM
    Just updated to bundle 1739 on Mac DM - took a half hour from backup to completing the final reboot. No problems with the update. Time to test it out.
    10-25-11 09:37 PM
    Longest update.....everrrrrrr.....*ugh*. For whatever reason Desktop Manager would not pick up the update. The handset did though. The OTA update has just been excruciatingly slow..."linking java"...phooey...
    10-26-11 12:43 AM
    Yes, and my first bootup after the update got stuck @ 3/4 again.

10-26-11 10:14 AM
    surprised we didn't get a leak of this, anyways, it's the highest build for the 9930 yet so i'll be loading this up tomorrow
    So what happened to the leaked 7.0.0.340 OS?

Is this official one an updated version of what leaked, or is
    it diff. altogether?
    10-26-11 11:59 AM
412 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD