when will verizon actually release it?
    10-23-11 01:46 PM
    when will verizon actually release it?

Start up DM and it will show you the update. Then load it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-23-11 04:18 PM
    I am an AT&T Bold user for 2 years now. I really want the Bold 9900, but am confused..

I may switch to Verizon when my contract ends in a month... I am seeing that the new Bold 9900 is 4G in some places, like Sprint.... but is is 3G with Verizon and AT&T?

Can someone set me straight? Is this phone offered in 4G and by which carriers?

Any anyone out there that has done a side by side comparison of this phone on 2 carriers - is there really a difference? Please share... Dave
    10-23-11 04:52 PM
    Still not available OTA.

Any ETA on the OTA?
    10-23-11 05:48 PM
    I am an AT&T Bold user for 2 years now. I really want the Bold 9900, but am confused..

I may switch to Verizon when my contract ends in a month... I am seeing that the new Bold 9900 is 4G in some places, like Sprint.... but is is 3G with Verizon and AT&T?

Any anyone out there that has done a side by side comparison of this phone on 2 carriers - is there really a difference? Please share... Dave
    The 9900 that AT&T will get (very soon) is the HSPA+ version which is now considered 4G (might display H+ on the signal indicator). However, is NOT the faster 4G LTE that the major 4 carriers will eventually use as 4G.

The 9930 from Verizon & Sprint is the slower CDMA Rev. A (3G only).
    10-23-11 05:51 PM
    Start up DM and it will show you the update. Then load it.

I have done this and it shows nothing...
    10-23-11 05:52 PM
    I have done this and it shows nothing...

Then download it and install with apploader.

10-23-11 06:18 PM
    I can see that being a bit annoying. Tried backing up apps using device switch and/or BBSAK/BBMCP? I'm a big fan of redundant backups, everything seems to work properly as long as I do that. Murphy's Law will strike in a big way if I didn't.
    On I back up the database manually before I let the DM do the update along with the one made automatically and usually have backups of the COD's at least any non AppWorld ones but the point is I don't want to mess with having to spend the time restoring it.
    10-23-11 07:08 PM

I think you are thinking of T-Mobile wen you said it is advertized as 4G. Sprint's 4G is Wimax and this phone does not have WiMax radios (nor LTE which Verizon uses for 4G).

T-Mobile (and AT&T) refers to HSPA+* as 4G but it is more marketing than anything and AT&T will likely refer to theirs as 4G if it really matters to you.

* With Enhanced Back-haul, where available.
    10-23-11 07:18 PM
    i have a Mac so i can't upgrade to this OS i currently have 7.0.0.254. is there any official updates that i can download on my phone, or is this the latest official OS?

thanks.
    10-23-11 08:39 PM
    Then download it and install with apploader.

I will wait until this is official... Until you can down through DM or OTA it is not official...
    10-23-11 09:30 PM
    I will wait until this is official... Until you can down through DM or OTA it is not official...

Why are you hung up on that?

10-23-11 09:48 PM
    My phone is my lifeline for work... Not worth any issues...
    10-23-11 09:53 PM
    Until who can? Since it was available nearly 72 hours ago via DM on my computer, would that make it official?

My phone is my lifeline for work... Not worth any issues...
    Be aware that even an official upgrade can, and has in some cases, brick a phone.

Why are you hung up on that?
    In case something happens and he needs to have Verizon look at it; he might not realize downgrading is an option. I could be wrong.
    10-23-11 10:00 PM
    Until who can? Since it was available nearly 72 hours ago via DM on my computer, would that make it official?

Be aware that even an official upgrade can, and has in some cases, brick a phone.

In case something happens and he needs to have Verizon look at it; he might not realize downgrading is an option. I could be wrong.
    I wish I could get it via DM...
    10-23-11 10:03 PM
    I wish I could get it via DM...
    I respect your decision to wait, please keep in mind VZW hasn't always been the quickest to release upgrades. Should you get tired of waiting, keep in mind you can always download and install this release, and easily revert should the need to do so arise.
    10-23-11 10:09 PM

I respect your decision to wait, please keep in mind VZW hasn't always been the quickest to release upgrades. Should you get tired of waiting, keep in mind you can always download and install this release, and easily revert should the need to do so arise.
    I appreciate the help but I will wait. Nothing on the current release is really bothering me too much...
    10-23-11 10:10 PM
    Downloaded friday & installed flawlessly through Apploader. Came from original .254 & let me just tell you, the battery life with this build is amazing! I went to a Nascar race saturday, where I always have UberSocial set on 10 minute refresh rate, heavy tweeting, Facebook, text and heavy browser use. It went from 7am to 9pm before it even went "in the orange", I was floored. During a normal day with FB set at 1hr refresh, Uber at 30min, it never made it to 3pm. I have renewed my crush on my 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 07:00 AM
    I had a leaked OS on here before I loaded this version. I am back to getting horrible battery life. The phone was unplugged at 6:30 AM and it is now 8:53 AM, I'm down to 75%.

Time to go back to the leaked OS until VZW gets their sh!t together.
    10-24-11 07:54 AM
    I had a leaked OS on here before I loaded this version. I am back to getting horrible battery life. The phone was unplugged at 6:30 AM and it is now 8:53 AM, I'm down to 75%.

I am surprised you are having this trouble - my battery life has increased substantially - averaging around 1.2% per hour...
    10-24-11 08:12 AM
    Considering that my Verizon 9930 doesn't have the same poor performance that yours does, I will believe that the issue isn't Verizon's. Nevertheless, Verizon doesn't code the OS, RIM does. So if anyone needs to get their stuff together, it's RIM.
    10-24-11 09:25 AM

Which version are you running?

10-24-11 09:38 AM
    Not really feeling this build, battery life is worse than 362. I did a complete wipe and clean install as well with some shrinking.
    10-24-11 01:08 PM
    Not really feeling this build, battery life is worse than 362. I did a complete wipe and clean install as well with some shrinking.

I also came from .362 , but I am getting a lot better battery life with this build.

Have you done several battery pulls yet?

10-24-11 01:19 PM
    Just got an OTA from Verizon. Bundle 1739.
    Downloading now
    10-24-11 01:39 PM
412 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD