truthfully, the device runs so fast I can't see how it can be "snappier", my observation is that it just runs smooth like it should
    mud314 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    10-21-11 10:35 AM
    These are the deices I own that have service right now. I only carry one with me everywhere (my D3) and what other device(s) -- usually two at a time -- I carry varies from day to day. It's a family plan with upgrade dates spread out over two years.

I'm a tec junkie and I have varied interests, and frankly I want to. Most were bought on upgrades, some (like the 9930) were full retail. Why do I have so many phones? Why do Kevin and the other site staff each carry BB's (sometimes more than one), iPhones, and now Kevin is talking about getting the Nexus Galaxy. Each device is unique and does different things well.
    Totally agree with you. Somehow those gadgets bring us pleasure and let's face it we could have worst addictions. At least we can pass these gadgets on. Right now very content with my VZ9930, iPad, MBA, 3DS and waiting for my Vita , bastards!
    10-21-11 11:47 AM
    I wonder what's different about this build that makes it use less power than .362.

Best build so far, hands down.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-21-11 12:30 PM
    Yesterday.
    Hilarious but no it wasn't really. No OTA or DM gives some people 0 access to it. It can't be said be to released if it's not available through those channels.

Haha no problem. Thanks, not shown up for me yet, going to just keep looking out I guess. Kinda frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 03:13 PM
    Hilarious but no it wasn't really. No OTA or DM gives some people 0 access to it. It can't be said be to released if it's not available through those channels.

Haha no problem. Thanks, not shown up for me yet, going to just keep looking out I guess. Kinda frustrating.

We are downloading it installing it with DM, apploader or whatever. Don't rely on DM to give it to you. Just down load it and install it.

10-21-11 03:50 PM
    man, if they had this build and phone out in 2010 BlackBerry wouldn't have lost 50% of its users in America. i really enjoy using the 9930 and i don't feel like i'm using an outdated device. @kenefick
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-21-11 04:21 PM
    noticed a problem, icons that are hidden don't stay hidden again.
    10-21-11 05:21 PM
    And as always, the solution is to put all the icons you want to hide into one folder and then hide that folder.
    10-21-11 05:28 PM
    I wonder what's different about this build that makes it use less power than .362.

Best build so far, hands down.

I'm actually getting much worse battery life than whatever the last build was.. I wanna say .362? not sure tho. I did full wipe and restored apps manually.
    10-21-11 06:05 PM
    I have to agree with xACiD - my battery life was fantastic on .362, but clearly worse on this build. Not sure what happened, but I'm hoping it will "settle in".......
    10-21-11 06:36 PM
    Apploader preserves everything except keys; Facebook, Twitter, and any websites I keep logged into (like CB) need signed into again. I only open DM to do an initial backup just in case.

Also for anyone running Vista/Windows 7 64-bit: you need to run Apploader as admin (right-click, run as administrator). Do the same with Desktop Manager if there's issues.
    That's how it is supposed to work but I almost always end up loosing something in the process.
    10-21-11 10:15 PM
    Totally agree with you. Somehow those gadgets bring us pleasure and let's face it we could have worst addictions. At least we can pass these gadgets on. Right now very content with my VZ9930, iPad, MBA, 3DS and waiting for my Vita , bastards!
    Yep plus having first hand experience with all of the different platforms and Android OEM's helps me in my job. You can only learn just so much playing with the in store demos which i do regularly. I'm in the VZW store every couple weeks and the AT&T store when there is something I want to see. Most of the people at the VZW corporate store know me by name now lol, and a couple have tried to recruit me

I'll be taking a good hard look at the 3G playbook or Plauybook 2, and yes I am 99% going to get a Nexus Galaxy (I will have an upgrade Nov 3).
    10-21-11 10:22 PM
    For anyone wondering, the sms scrolling bug is still here. Someone mentioned another bug earlier, but the one I was talking about was scrolling up and down through longer txt threads sometimes doesn't work.. You scroll up and the cursor moves up (time on top changes) but the conversation does not move.
    10-21-11 11:44 PM
    Vzw 9930 I had the issue with error 507! I unplugged then plugged back in and it finished loading OS. I was running .362 then a hybrid .362/.400. Both were great builds! I noticed my battery draining horrible after I installed this one SO - installed it again...this time no error, load was flawless and my battery life is great so far (need 3 more days to tell for sure). Another great build

10-22-11 12:19 AM
    That's how it is supposed to work but I almost always end up loosing something in the process.
    I can see that being a bit annoying. Tried backing up apps using device switch and/or BBSAK/BBMCP? I'm a big fan of redundant backups, everything seems to work properly as long as I do that. Murphy's Law will strike in a big way if I didn't.
    10-22-11 12:34 AM
    We are downloading it installing it with DM, apploader or whatever. Don't rely on DM to give it to you. Just down load it and install it.

I know, but I don't have a PC so it leaves me in a bad spot
    10-22-11 01:48 PM
    I know, but I don't have a PC so it leaves me in a bad spot

Who is responsible for have a proper DL like this for macs?

10-22-11 01:56 PM
    Who is responsible for have a proper DL like this for macs?

RIM??

10-22-11 02:18 PM
    RIM??

If this is the case, then why does RIM lag it for MAC users?

10-22-11 02:40 PM
    think i've found a bug..

as far as i know, Blackberry handles their 'Drafts' by doing the following:

if you start typing an SMS, and then click the back button and confirm that you'd like to save the draft or 'save draft' through the menu, etc., it would turn the message green and then move it to the top of your message list.

if you then wanted to get rid of the draft, you could open the message - delete what you had typed..and then when you backed out of the SMS, there would be no prompt and the message would be moved back to it's original place in the SMS list.

However, on this build (.374), for some odd reason, if you save a draft and then go back and delete it's contents - and back out - it stays at the top of the message list, highlighted in green.

very annoying. very odd. very much in need of being fixed.
    10-22-11 04:47 PM
    had the update for about 3-4 days horrible battery life i use to have a 1-2 pct drop each hour on standby now on standby it seems life about 5-10 pct an hour but if im browsing for about 10 minutes il loose 10 percent battery life anyone know how i can downgrade the os back to 353?
    10-22-11 05:22 PM
    had the update for about 3-4 days horrible battery life i use to have a 1-2 pct drop each hour on standby now on standby it seems life about 5-10 pct an hour but if im browsing for about 10 minutes il loose 10 percent battery life anyone know how i can downgrade the os back to 353?
    I was also experiencing significant loss, but now it appears to be stable - and good. Last night, I had about 4.5 hours of all standby - except one 5 minute call - and I only lost 3%, so that is less than 1% per hour. Do a couple more battery pulls (or Alt-Caps-Del) and keep an eye, it should get better.....
    10-22-11 06:00 PM
    Even if you hide an icon, it shows up in universal search- really annoying when searching for video camera and verizons ridiculous apps show up

10-23-11 12:21 AM
    Is it possible to somehow insert russian language files into this?
    10-23-11 07:14 AM
    The change log looked promising, held out as long as I could, upgrading now from leaked .340
    10-23-11 09:22 AM
412 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD