Multilanguage version added...

02-28-13 02:42 PM
    Memory leak is in check with this build. After a day of restart/battery pull, memory leak is at 1-2MB and reaches around 40 MB after a week. In contrast, I had between 40-50MB of memory loss in other previous OS's in a day.

Calling other numbers while in a call is absent in this build. In contrast, .794 is notorious for this, not only for my bold but also for another bold in the family.

However, I noticed that while in a call, sometimes, the phone will turn to speaker mode. This occurred around 3x already in around 2 weeks, and this did not happen to me in previous OS's.

my bb's been on for almost 2 weeks now and my memory leak is only 1~2 MB, plus i am a heavy user, have to charge the phone every 6 hours when im at around 20% battery. how do you even get 40 to 50 mb memory leak with this os :P

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-28-13 10:28 PM
    Multilanguage version added...
    Basicaly the multi lang link just forward to the Blackberry download page, not like the rroyy Asian link redirect directly to the file download.

http://rroyy.com/OS/9900/9900Asia_PB...ew_Zealand.exe
    03-01-13 02:44 AM
    have had .861 for a couple weeks now and it made everything better (battery, memory leak problem, statability, smoothness,etc) except one thing, the signal. my signal strength is horrible on this version, the phone constantly is switching between H+ and EDGE and struggles to keep more than 3 bars of signal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Memory leak is still there. There are two separate quantities tracked here.
    1. Application Storage - There is a certain amount of memory set aside for applications to load from and into
    This appears to be very stable
    2. Memory - Separate amount of memory set aside for system and applications to draw from
    There are ebbs and flows on this with the main offender being the built in browser.

Please review the Application Management under options/device/application management. Once there scroll through to both the Application Storage and the Memory now tabs.
    It appears that the browser over time tends to use more an more memory until a reboot.

Cheers
    03-01-13 07:15 AM
    @sbx9900
    i STILL have the call bug it happens very often that the phone calls other numbers while im at a call. i thought this would be a problem wid my self maybe touching the display while calling etc. good to know that im not the only one. it gets very annoying sometimes.
    I am surprised that you still have the call bug in this OS. I've had a lot of phone calls, incoming and outgoing, and I have not had that call bug (so far), unlike with .794 when i had this even multiple times in a single call.

There are solutions to this:
    1. Call confirm app - install an app that will ask you to confirm whenever you make calls. So if you're in a call and this bug dials another number, the call won't go through unless you press yes to confirm. While this is effective in blocking outgoing calls, it becomes annoying when you are making a legitimate call.

2. another solution that i read from this forum is by pressing the screen lock button on top of the phone while on a call.

EDIT: I found the thread about face dialing. Here it is: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-725209/
    03-02-13 12:02 AM
    Also in this version it is not possible to send text messages when entering the number with +44 etc. only 0044 works.
    Nobody else has this problem? It is super annoying...
    03-04-13 10:21 AM
    Nobody else has this problem? It is super annoying...
    In the smart dialing just choose the country as UNKNOWN
    03-04-13 08:01 PM
    In the smart dialing just choose the country as UNKNOWN
    thx! you made my day!
    03-05-13 01:51 PM
    Hi

Coming from .825 :
    1 - Now WiFi notification pop up to connect to a detected and registered network when just powered on.
    2 - BBY Podcast titles confusion seems to be fixed
    3 - Still no "pop" when booting after battery insertion
    4 - Still no response from "You tube" shortcut
    5 - Wikitude still not working, but Accuweather now ok.
    6 - 3G seems more efficient
    7 - Reduced OS size in memory, even when no wipe
    Rgd
    03-06-13 12:20 AM
    Update seems fine but not sure if related or not. Was **** installing. Took two attempts to install after shrinking it and 4 attempts to restore. Really weird. Never had anything like that happen before. Working fine now though. Am headed to an area that last week friends with different phones but same carrier had signal where I did not to see if I have signal now. We will see. Hopefully it is a real world test. Thanks for the update!
    03-07-13 09:23 AM
    Anybody having bluetooth issues with .861? Had issues with bridge after update, but re-pair fixed. However, the bt connection in my car works but wont transfer phonebook or call history. Deleted and setup again, no change. Also, have noticed that bridge connection is flaky - goes to lock screen in bridged apps or does the "connecting to bb..." forever. I would have this happen on rare occasions on old version, but is frequent now. Otherwise i like it. Oh, i used the african version (forgot what country/carrier).
    03-10-13 01:41 AM
    I am facing massive slowdown of my 9900 on .861
    I shifted back to .825 now.

Waiting for the next official/leaked soon.
    03-10-13 03:09 AM
    Which carrier has the latest rom ? who know?
    03-10-13 03:42 AM
    Which carrier has the latest rom ? who know?
    'Rom' - I guess just a difference in terminology here... assuming I haven't misunderstood your query.

For BlackBerry's the term used is 'OS' (equivalent of 'ROM') and the latest official would be the one in this thread, i.e. 7.1.0.861 from Telecom New Zealand.
    03-10-13 05:35 AM
    im updating to OS7.1 from OS7 but my bb froze to 0% on social feeds and 13% on overall backup progress...
    what I did was home -> device -> system update

I cant use my bb right now...
    please help!
    Last edited by bulbusaurus; 03-10-13 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-10-13 07:51 AM
    im updating to OS7.1 from OS7 but my bb froze to 0% on social feeds and 13% on overall backup progress...
    what I did was home -> device -> system update

I cant use my bb right now...
    please help!
    you tried updating your OS via OTA, which is not recomended on OS 7 devices.
    You have to download OS 7.1.0.861 in the 1st page of this thread on your desktop > run the exe and save it to your cdrive> remove the vendor file ( google for vendelete software) and then you are good to go using either desktop manager or app loader
    03-10-13 08:16 AM
    thanks so much maxx71!
    yes, i tried updating it thru my BIS.

sorry, im new to all of these, what is a vendor file?
    03-10-13 08:26 AM
    thanks so much maxx71!
    yes, i tried updating it thru my BIS.

sorry, im new to all of these, what is a vendor file?
    please go to the 1st page of this thread and download the software and then read the 7th post ( 1st page itself) from Elite1 for a step to step installation of an OS.
    03-10-13 08:41 AM
    Memory leak is still there. There are two separate quantities tracked here.
    1. Application Storage - There is a certain amount of memory set aside for applications to load from and into
    This appears to be very stable
    2. Memory - Separate amount of memory set aside for system and applications to draw from
    There are ebbs and flows on this with the main offender being the built in browser.

Please review the Application Management under options/device/application management. Once there scroll through to both the Application Storage and the Memory now tabs.
    It appears that the browser over time tends to use more an more memory until a reboot.

Cheers
    As long as BB uses an OS based on java, there will be memory leaks. It's a "feature" of garbage collection. Memory leaks will never be "fixed". Just ignore them.
    03-10-13 12:48 PM
    Anybody having bluetooth issues with .861? Had issues with bridge after update, but re-pair fixed. However, the bt connection in my car works but wont transfer phonebook or call history. Deleted and setup again, no change. Also, have noticed that bridge connection is flaky - goes to lock screen in bridged apps or does the "connecting to bb..." forever. I would have this happen on rare occasions on old version, but is frequent now. Otherwise i like it. Oh, i used the african version (forgot what country/carrier).
    I've had good connection speed but buggines with not wanting to turn off and random hanging requiring a batt pull...
    03-11-13 10:22 AM
    As long as BB uses an OS based on java, there will be memory leaks. It's a "feature" of garbage collection. Memory leaks will never be "fixed". Just ignore them.
    Since my last reboot after updating an app it has been 3 days and my memory as actually increased over that time by 0.2mb !!!

Running BL Hybrid RC13 over Digicell .861 base.
    maxx71 likes this.
    03-11-13 11:09 AM
    I am a BB user from Android, so I am used to say "ROM", although I meant "OS", I am using 9930 now,I know this is for 9900,but the thread for 9930 is not as active as 9900, so I have to come here to seek the answer, my BB is now on .861 from Visafone Nigeria...But I wander wether there is a newer one...
    03-11-13 11:46 PM
    I am a BB user from Android, so I am used to say "ROM", although I meant "OS", I am using 9930 now,I know this is for 9900,but the thread for 9930 is not as active as 9900, so I have to come here to seek the answer, my BB is now on .861 from Visafone Nigeria...But I wander wether there is a newer one...
    03-11-13 11:48 PM
    there is not a newer OS than 7.1.0.861 for the 9930 but you can use the alternative .861 from bluegrass cellular/Cellcom
    Last edited by maxx71; 03-12-13 at 12:12 AM.
    03-11-13 11:56 PM
    there is not a newer OS than 7.1.0.861 for the 9930 but you can use the alternative .861 from bluegrass cellular/Cellcom
    The alternative .861 from bluegrass cellular/Cellcom??? what's the diference besides the date???
    03-12-13 09:31 AM
183 ... 5678