BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2039 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.1.0.2039
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.1.0.714
    Software Platform: 9.16.0.158
    File name: 9790M_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0.714_Tel enor_Serbia.exe
    File size: 230.92MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here
    ipos, j4ck5_dee and tintin123456 like this.
    09-21-12 05:29 PM
    Lovely !
    09-21-12 06:23 PM
    downloading now
    09-21-12 10:34 PM
    excellent
    09-22-12 01:32 AM
    using this version everything looks good
    09-22-12 09:14 AM
    How do you guys even install and download it?

I click on the link and what i downloaded was 9790M_PBr7.0.0_rel2254_PL9.16.0.57_A7.0.0.528_Tele nor_Serbia.exe

Not the new version 7.1.0.714

This should be the correct link:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...41C24863285549

Choose the model 9790 from the drop down list.
    Last edited by lius90; 09-22-12 at 02:09 PM.
    09-22-12 02:04 PM
    How do you guys even install and download it?

I click on the link and what i downloaded was 9790M_PBr7.0.0_rel2254_PL9.16.0.57_A7.0.0.528_Tele nor_Serbia.exe

Not the new version 7.1.0.714

This should be the correct link:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...41C24863285549

Choose the model 9790 from the drop down list.
    Click on the one above it called "9790M_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0.71 4_Te lenor_Serbia.exe"?
    09-22-12 07:09 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    09-22-12 08:40 PM
    So, what is everyone noticing for changes?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    09-22-12 10:20 PM
    great battery life i mean best battery life in this os
    09-26-12 09:47 AM
    Somehow I am facing a lot of issues with this build, battery drain rate is 6.18 per hour which is really high high than previous which used to 4.24 and in the day all of a sudden data services go off till I restart the phone(probably due to the blackberry outages being faced but others colleagues with blackberries not facing a problem). Anybody with any similar issues or feedback???
    09-26-12 11:08 AM
    Somehow I am facing a lot of issues with this build, battery drain rate is 6.18 per hour which is really high high than previous which used to 4.24 and in the day all of a sudden data services go off till I restart the phone(probably due to the blackberry outages being faced but others colleagues with blackberries not facing a problem). Anybody with any similar issues or feedback???
    Have you done some battery pulls since updating?
    (i.e. With BB fully powered on, remove battery, wait 30 seconds, replace battery to initiate hard reboot.)

Are you making use of Application Resource Monitor?
    Go ahead and update ARM with higher version available in App World.

BTW your profile says you have a Pearl 9105. As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    09-27-12 10:53 AM
    Have you done some battery pulls since updating?
    (i.e. With BB fully powered on, remove battery, wait 30 seconds, replace battery to initiate hard reboot.)

Are you making use of Application Resource Monitor?
    Go ahead and update ARM with higher version available in App World.

BTW your profile says you have a Pearl 9105. As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    I always used to think that if u restart the phone using a restart app(I have restart me installed and have done a few restarts after installing OS) it works as a battery pull, so yes I did my first battery pull with your instructions. I do have the latest ARM installed but it never interferes as I always exit apps properly and I mainly use BBM, Facebook, Twitter and What's App. Will do a few more pulls and report back thanks for the heads up . And yes I do have to update my profile(loved the 9105) as I have a 9790 since April.
    09-27-12 12:35 PM
    Just updated to this and for now I see a faster boot time . Other then that I will see after a few days of use
    09-27-12 03:38 PM
    +1
    I'm having higher battery drain rate with this build compared to .569.
    09-29-12 12:34 AM
    I always used to think that if u restart the phone using a restart app(I have restart me installed and have done a few restarts after installing OS) it works as a battery pull, so yes I did my first battery pull with your instructions. I do have the latest ARM installed but it never interferes as I always exit apps properly and I mainly use BBM, Facebook, Twitter and What's App. Will do a few more pulls and report back thanks for the heads up . And yes I do have to update my profile(loved the 9105) as I have a 9790 since April.
    A lot of debate on restart apps. I use QuickLaunch & MeterBerry, and both contain reboot functions.
    Then there's ALT+SHIFT+DEL too.
    They might be as good as a battery pull, but sometimes I ditch the doubt and just pull the batt. Especially a couple times after upgrading, and if I've had any extremely bad performance, errors, etc.

One note on WhatsApp: it doesn't close by just holding down ESC key like most other apps. You have to ESC back to WA main screen / chat list, then hit MENU key and select Exit.
    Some people have noticed better memory results by fully closing WA.

Latest ARM is v1.0.0.35, available from App World.

PS The Pearl 910x didn't get enough respect. It was a cool little powerhouse!
    09-29-12 02:15 AM
    A lot of debate on restart apps. I use QuickLaunch & MeterBerry, and both contain reboot functions.
    Then there's ALT+SHIFT+DEL too.
    They might be as good as a battery pull, but sometimes I ditch the doubt and just pull the batt. Especially a couple times after upgrading, and if I've had any extremely bad performance, errors, etc.

One note on WhatsApp: it doesn't close by just holding down ESC key like most other apps. You have to ESC back to WA main screen / chat list, then hit MENU key and select Exit.
    Some people have noticed better memory results by fully closing WA.

Latest ARM is v1.0.0.35, available from App World.

PS The Pearl 910x didn't get enough respect. It was a cool little powerhouse!
    I have What's app and Viber that don't exit on their own correctly said I also have an app called True Caller which runs in the background so maybe if I exit all 3 should get a better boost out of the battery. The 9105 was everything that the 9700 was albeit in a smaller package, I had mine upgraded to the max with all the latest softwares anyone who had a bold 9700 or even a torch for that matter used to get envious lookin at my phone( that is all thanks to the CB forum no doubt).I am never sellin that phone lol and Just so u know battery drain is down to 5.42% per hour .
    09-30-12 03:39 AM
    the version is 7.0.0.2254

it's a wrong link!

Software Download for Telenor Serbia
    Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2254 (Multilanguage)
    By completing and submitting the form below to Research In Motion Limited and/or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies ("RIM"), you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of the information by RIM in accordance with RIM�s privacy policy, which can be found at http://www.blackberry.com/legal/privacy.shtml,: (i) for RIM�s internal use; (ii) for the purpose facilitating your download of RIM software; and (iii) to allow RIM or any one of its authorized business partners to provide you with information on RIM and/or BlackBerry products and services, if you have so elected.
    10-01-12 10:37 AM
    the version is 7.0.0.2254

it's a wrong link!

Software Download for Telenor Serbia
    Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2254 (Multilanguage)…
    Um no.

That is the package version for OS 7.0.0.528, the previous OS available for 9790 from Telenor Serbia.
    714 is right above it. Go here, and select Bold 9790 from dropdown list:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...649B7A4B.node1

**EDIT: See post #6.
    Last edited by elite1; 10-01-12 at 11:01 AM.
    10-01-12 10:55 AM
    i cant find the device analyzer on this update
    10-12-12 07:46 AM
    i cant find the device analyzer on this update
    I believe it's a hidden background app this time around.
    10-12-12 03:36 PM
    I have received OTA update 7.1.0/P.2039
    Okay OTA update or use BBDs?

I'm on 7.0.0 2254
    10-12-12 04:24 PM
    above link doesn't seems to be accurate anymore. Its seems to be directing to an older firmware

- Charles
    10-27-12 10:43 PM
    Hi is there an alternative version of .714 available from a NA carrier?
    When I installed this my MMS stopped working, and the only way to fix it was to go back to .523 from Koodo.

and yes I installed .714. I started downloading 7.0 by accident but I stopped it.
    12-22-12 01:10 PM
    Hi is there an alternative version of .714 available from a NA carrier?
    Unfortunately not.
    .714 is a build for EMEA carriers. NA carriers are using .746
    12-22-12 06:52 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD