Already done it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're awesome man, thanks CB, luv ya
    07-29-11 11:37 AM
    So, what is this? Subscription based java release?

Why not post the link for everyone to download and try?
    07-29-11 11:52 AM
    So, what is this? Subscription based java release?

Why not post the link for everyone to download and try?
    I already explained above that I don't want to post anything publicly. Hardly a 'subscription' - all you've got to do is ask!

07-29-11 12:13 PM
    Hi CB, Could you PM me .638 links too ?
    TIA !
    07-29-11 12:31 PM
    I posted for everyone to download on the forums grab them
    Good news - I was getting swamped with requests anyway!

CB

07-29-11 12:36 PM
    And why don't you? What are you scared of? RIM's secret police?

What about you Phill? Since you seem to be using it to, why don't you post a link?

Really, this is silly.

I posted for everyone to download on the forums grab them
    You have two posts. Both of them in this thread.
    07-29-11 12:43 PM
    And why don't you? What are you scared of? RIM's secret police?

What about you Phill? Since you seem to be using it to, why don't you post a link?

Really, this is silly.

You have two posts. Both of them in this thread.
    I had reasons for not wishing to post publicly. But now that someone else has then that's fine by me.

07-29-11 12:49 PM
    I'm getting really good a this java swap thing. I think I'm installing more hybrids than actual official OS. I can't help but want to have the latest OS. and free up as much memory as possible by upgrading. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
    07-29-11 01:35 PM
    Errg. Spoke too soon. I installed the .638 files provided and the install went as smooth as possible. However, the hybrid does not work on my 9780. I found that I could not open any apps without them crashing (i.e., it would immediately go back to the home screen). I now have to downgrade. Errrg!
    07-29-11 02:20 PM
    A&ML Team
    In case you guys didn't figure it out already.
    07-29-11 02:53 PM
    I would strongly urge everyone NOT to download and install the cods provided by the above user. Like I said, I had major issues once the OS was loaded. I'm now in the process of downgrading.
    rmendozat likes this.
    07-29-11 03:06 PM
    I will come up with a safe one later today, in the meantime, berrylicious anyone? Lol

07-29-11 03:09 PM
    Don't download that CODs they are some corrupted can someone please upload this sh... well? omg. this is amazing!!! just taked 2 hours to broke my phone now I still waiting to roll it back .. amazing
    rmendozat likes this.
    07-29-11 04:07 PM
    As I said working on it now and will post asap, patience is a virtue u know

07-29-11 04:12 PM
    Well.... I'm on Windows 7 x64 so I guess that it translates to AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache Unfortunately the Java and UMTS folders in here are empty!

I'll scoop up all the .638 COD files using BBSAK and upload... Hold on...
    The files have to be there somewhere since they got installed to the device

Try this folder instead (or if it is the one you checked already, my apologies):

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache

or you could search for rim0x15001507.sfi on your local hard drive to find where its at

Logging into the TMobile UK site still only shows .570 as the latest (I want to try the full Java on Torch)

any other TMobile UK users out there getting the push for this as well?
    diegonei likes this.
    07-29-11 04:28 PM
    The files have to be there somewhere since they got installed to the device
    They're definitely not there now - just an empty couple of folders dated yesterday. I've been told that an OTA download via DM like that deletes the files after they've been installed on the device - so the trick is to grab a copy of everything after it's downloaded everything but before it's finished installing on the device...

I'm trying to decide whether I downgrade and see if it will offer the DM OTA upgrade again or not!

CB
    Last edited by CelticBerry; 07-29-11 at 05:24 PM.
    07-29-11 05:22 PM
    They're definitely not there now - just an empty couple of folders dated yesterday. I've been told that an OTA download via DM like that deletes the files after they've been installed on the device - so the trick is to grab a copy of everything after it's downloaded everything but before it's finished installing on the device...

I'm trying to decide whether I downgrade and see if it will offer the DM OTA upgrade again or not!

CB
    Thanks for your response

I've never had it delete the contents after install, but its been quite some time since I've helped rip a DM update (5.0.0.624 to be exact ) so I'm not sure if the newer versions of DM are set to do so or not. Could be that they've moved everything altogether (I've never actually installed an update via DM, always gone with leaks/Loader.exe)

Thanks for any time/effort you put into this, much appreciated
    diegonei likes this.
    07-29-11 05:34 PM
    I would strongly urge everyone NOT to download and install the cods provided by the above user. Like I said, I had major issues once the OS was loaded. I'm now in the process of downgrading.
    Lets all remember, this was stripped from a device whose radio is not even out yet. The reason everyone is having problems is due to the platform difference from the 600 radio to the 638 radio. The files are not corrupt, just a full java swap is not able to be done. I have used over 200 of the 638 files in my latest hybrid OSBB 600v3

So, before we go off on the people who have done us all a favor and blame them for "corrupt" files lets remember the above. And leave the java swaps for the hybrid builders.
    07-29-11 09:01 PM
    So, before we go off on the people who have done us all a favor and blame them for "corrupt" files lets remember the above. And leave the java swaps for the hybrid builders.
    Maybe you should have quoted a fellow hybrid builder instead then...

Don't download that CODs they are some corrupted can someone please upload this sh... well? omg. this is amazing!!! just taked 2 hours to broke my phone now I still waiting to roll it back .. amazing
    07-29-11 09:17 PM
    Maybe you should have quoted a fellow hybrid builder instead then...

I will agree with you, I should have quoted some of the hybrid builders, and for that I apologize. But, i just grabbed a quote and was aiming the negative responses to everyone.

As for the hybrid builders who were complaining. Maybe they should think before they post negatively also. They of all people "should" know how the platforms can react at times. And, they should know that Full Java is more often than not, not going to work.
    Last edited by BlackScorpion3; 07-29-11 at 09:59 PM.
    07-29-11 09:30 PM
    It's so frustrating that other carriers in the US have already released updates for Blackberry OS but T-Mobile hasn't release one since the launch of the 9780. It would be nice if Blackberry was allowed to release updates to the mass like the other guys with a popular smartphone.
    07-29-11 10:44 PM
    someone still have this files i need them for upadting my Torch Hybrid and i Deleted them by mistake on my pC
    08-01-11 05:09 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD