If someone that downloads this wants to help get it out to others (since the .exe is still not available), this is how:

To get the whole DM update:
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    - highlight CDMA and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload
    Well.... I'm on Windows 7 x64 so I guess that it translates to AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache Unfortunately the Java and UMTS folders in here are empty!

I'll scoop up all the .638 COD files using BBSAK and upload... Hold on...
    07-28-11 05:15 PM
    T-Mobile UK one?
    Yup T Mobile UK

Sal
    07-28-11 05:28 PM
    Yup T Mobile UK

Sal
    If you've got a T-Mobile UK supplied phone (not a CPW, unlocked or unbranded one) then you have 3 easy ways to get a carrier OTA update:-

1) Plug into DM
    2) Options > Device > Software Updates
    3) Plug into your PC, open this link BlackBerry - Device Software v5.0 - Download BlackBerry Device Software Today and click on 'Update Today'

At least one of the above should work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bluey09 likes this.
    07-28-11 05:36 PM
    If you've got a T-Mobile UK supplied phone (not a CPW, unlocked or unbranded one) then you have 3 easy ways to get a carrier OTA update:-

1) Plug into DM
    2) Options > Device > Software Updates
    3) Plug into your PC, open this link BlackBerry - Device Software v5.0 - Download BlackBerry Device Software Today and click on 'Update Today'

At least one of the above should work.

Its a t mobile branded phone bought from t mobile shop ..None of them work .. all i get is a message there are no updates available

Sal
    07-28-11 06:06 PM
    Is there an OTA link available ??
    07-28-11 06:12 PM
    Nope... guess you'll have to wait like the rest of us

07-28-11 06:20 PM
    Nope... guess you'll have to wait like the rest of us

Was hoping to get this update before i went to sleep lol .. Anyways thanks for your help Phil.

Sal
    07-28-11 06:22 PM
    We're thinking on .. apparently you're the only one able to get to it at the moment and then maybe able to share it

Please reboot you phone and PC first and try AGAIN.

Please if you don't have the latest DM download it HERE

And most of all UNINSTALL your previous OS from your PC and delete the folder contained under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780AllLang_v6.0.0.600_P6.6.0.223

Then run CCleaner please

REBOOT the whole thing and then you should get the upgrade ms kinda 100%
    bluey09 and Dave80 like this.
    07-28-11 06:25 PM
    Come on Sal we all relying on you!
    07-28-11 06:32 PM
    Still no luck mate ... I guess i have to wait as well like others .. will give it a go tomorrow morning .

Sal
    07-28-11 06:52 PM
    He got himself banned again? wow
    07-28-11 08:05 PM
    If you press Alt + Right Shift + H from your home screen, I think you'll find you updated to .600 and not .638

Also, if you go back to the default theme and enable Application Shortcuts, your 'alt lglg' thingy will return

Thanks understood a "little bit more" yes im updated to 6.0 bundle 2647 is that right the latest.

Oh also me thingy is now operational in default
    07-29-11 02:51 AM
    Thanks understood a "little bit more" yes im updated to 6.0 bundle 2647 is that right the latest.

Oh also me thingy is now operational in default
    This OP is newer than 600 which you have installed hoping for better ribbon cod and sfi

07-29-11 03:07 AM
    Why didn't this released on bb website most imporant why didn't someone uploaded it yet!! :S ??
    07-29-11 04:32 AM
    Why didn't this released on bb website most imporant why didn't someone uploaded it yet!! :S ??
    Carrier OTA updates are only available to their customers first, and don't usually appear on the BB software download site until a few days later.

Only one member seems to have this update installed, and after the way he was treated I'm not surprised he hasn't shared it.

07-29-11 05:02 AM
    Its a t mobile branded phone bought from t mobile shop ..None of them work .. all i get is a message there are no updates available

Sal
    Just a thought Sal, but which OS are you currently using?

I believe that OTA updates will only be accepted if you're running an official OS from your carrier, with the original vendor file in place.

It might be worth downgrading to T-Mobile's .570 and trying again, if nothing else works and you desperately want .638

07-29-11 06:06 AM
    Okay, so I've zipped up all the .638 CODs (plus all the standard installation files actually) and uploaded to a private dropbox. I'm not too comfortable about posting the link publicly but if someone wants to generate a new installation file (or hybrid) from them then send me a PM and I'll reply with the link.

CB

EDIT: I won't be providing assistance with what to do with these files. If you don't know then it's probably not for you - but hopefully some kind soul with create something that can be shared. Caveat emptor.

EDIT2: Bear in mind that the update was downloaded as an OTA update through DM - and seemingly this doesn't leave the normal installation files on your PC otherwise I would have used those. These files are a dump from my BB. I'm guessing that may make generating an installation file slightly more difficult.
    Last edited by CelticBerry; 07-29-11 at 08:17 AM.
    Pimp My Dad likes this.
    07-29-11 06:13 AM
    Okay, so I've zipped up all the .638 CODs (plus all the standard installation files actually) and uploaded to a private dropbox. I'm not too comfortable about posting the link publicly but if someone wants to generate a new installation file (or hybrid) from them then send me a PM and I'll reply with the link.

CB

EDIT: I won't be providing assistance with what to do with these files. If you don't know then it's probably not for you - but hopefully some kind soul with create something that can be shared. Caveat emptor.
    Hi CB, can you pm me the link, thanks mate

07-29-11 06:29 AM
    Done - PM sent.
    07-29-11 06:37 AM
    Quick update on .638's performance - and I haven't had time to look at it properly. I seem to have about 8-10MB more free space than I did with .600 - about 185MB free v's 175MB. Same number of apps installed. No significant memory leaks so far that I can see - although it's still 'bedding in'. Hard to tell whether it's any quicker/slower than .600 - it's so subjective - certainly nothing obvious as far as I can tell. I'm sure there are clever improvements 'under the hood' - just not seen anything yet.

CB

Update: I think that the analog clock may now be bigger than previously - much easier to see.
    Last edited by CelticBerry; 07-29-11 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Updated observations
    07-29-11 06:49 AM
    Just a thought Sal, but which OS are you currently using?

I believe that OTA updates will only be accepted if you're running an official OS from your carrier, with the original vendor file in place.

It might be worth downgrading to T-Mobile's .570 and trying again, if nothing else works and you desperately want .638

Hi Phil,

I downgraded to .546 this morning and as soon i connected my phone to DM .570 update was available via DM so upgraded to that .. Since then been trying all 3 steps you mentioned but still no luck mate.

Might be worth knowing what OS was CB running before upgrading to .638

Sal
    07-29-11 08:52 AM
    Hi Phil,

I downgraded to .546 this morning and as soon i connected my phone to DM .570 update was available via DM so upgraded to that .. Since then been trying all 3 steps you mentioned but still no luck mate.

Sal
    Sorry Sal, I'm out of ideas mate.

.638 java swap is working well for me

07-29-11 09:33 AM

Sal
    I was running .600 Sal.

CB
    07-29-11 10:08 AM
    Hi CB,

Can you PM me a link, thanks bro.