Running 9780/6.0.0.600 from yesterday.
    Downloaded from the .de link.

Did a BB Boss Shrink.
    Removed all unwanted stuff.
    Did a wipe using BBSAK till error 507.
    Used loader after deleting the vendor file.
    Post boot up, I restored only contacts and BB messenger and groups using DM.
    Left everything else as intact as new.

Noticed a bug:
    Universal shortcuts, 'C' is now used for keypad lock and Compose.
    Confusion?

Anybody else noticed this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 04:11 AM
    I believe the browser disappearing text bug was fixed in .570 as I've not experienced it since then.

As for the forced closing of tabs, I've not had that happen for a loooong time... and I was really pushing the browser to the limits then

I don't know how you did this. I opened 11 tabs and then got the message. Maybe the sites you used were all mobile?

But no disappearing text yet, so that's good. If it maxes out at around 10 tabs I'd be happy.
    07-10-11 04:17 AM
    This update is pretty good. Have been using it for one day and i felt some improvements in battery life.
    07-10-11 05:16 AM
    Full 24 hrs into ver.600 & great, great Batt life. Just too good !!
    Not a hitch with lots of BBM, emails, few texts, some facebook, GTalk and voice calls.
    Except am pissed with BBM Beta 6 ver .111
    Damn thing just gets stuck & freezes - leaving you to close BBM and again reopen
    Just painful .... come on RIM SW geeks, WTF ??
    One bug that I encoured on the new BBM is that when you write a new message you get an old sent one, as a new reiceved one!
    Last edited by albertinik; 07-10-11 at 05:44 PM.
    07-10-11 07:10 AM
    Anyway that's what Mr. Meterberry says today any clue?

07-10-11 07:14 AM
    ive been on .546 since. is it worth upgrading to .600? like overall?
    07-10-11 07:33 AM
    Sooo I'm thinking I should do a major upgrade. I'm still running .461. Shameful and embarrassing right?

07-10-11 10:34 AM
    Sooo I'm thinking I should do a major upgrade. I'm still running .461. Shameful and embarrassing right?

Boring I'd say
    07-10-11 05:42 PM
    @ albertinik

I see you are having .600 with BBM .111 beta. Any problems you are facing? I had the same combo & BBM messages weren't flowing IN & OUT speedily. Tick to D to R was very, very laggy. Sending pics was "like never"

Just got rid of it & moved back to 5.0.3 & things are again doing great with .600

Comments please ???
    My messages pop in and out like corn Pics,voice notes are almostly instantenuosly sent and reiceved,scrolling down the contacts its awsome to.

T>D its a bang that is what I most appreciate with this BBM. The R is the same if the person is there on a open dialog.

The are a few bugs though like...getting the last sent message as a reply at the beginning of a chat

It stills be better then 5.0.3 from my point of wiew.
    07-10-11 06:06 PM
    I've been running this since the day the news post went up. i wiped my phone 100% (security wipe + bbsak "wipe device") and installed.

cannot access options for third party themes (to turn on application shortcuts) needed to switch back to stock theme, change it, then switch back to the third party theme.

after reboot, hitting the menu key for the first time brings up a blank applications list, so you have to hit esc then menu key again. this only happens the first time after a reboot/battery pull.

other than that i haven't come across any other problems.
    07-10-11 09:05 PM
    I've been running this since the day the news post went up. i wiped my phone 100% (security wipe + bbsak "wipe device") and installed.

cannot access options for third party themes (to turn on application shortcuts) needed to switch back to stock theme, change it, then switch back to the third party theme.

after reboot, hitting the menu key for the first time brings up a blank applications list, so you have to hit esc then menu key again. this only happens the first time after a reboot/battery pull.

other than that i haven't come across any other problems.
    All of this has been mentioned a few pages ago.

You need to replace the ribbon.app cod file with an older one.
    07-10-11 09:36 PM
    Hi i am new to this community but i am silently viewing this crackberry site which has been very useful from the start. I do want to ask some questions regarding this build, im currently a heavy sms user, i had problems before the 546 build on a long sms msg it usually hangs and you shall be needing to press b or t to get rid of it. I have tried the 546 build and it has been cured. In this .600 build it suddenly goes back again and another thing when rebooting do someone else notice the part where the clock battery signal etc is located it consistently turns into blue but once you have clicked the menu it is gone. .600 has been a very good build for 9780 except for this 2 problems.

thanks in advance
    07-11-11 06:04 AM
    9780/6.0.0.600
    Amazingly fast and very good battery life.

I am really pleased with this release after .546

Media and pics are amazingly quick and faster than any earlier version.
    3G signal is locked better too.
    I also found the os booting up faster than earlier versions.. But this could be just an illusion.. Maybe!

Universal keypad shortcuts have a bug and so does the 3rd party theme issue as mentioned earlier.

07-11-11 07:43 AM
    Is the battery life better than .480?

07-11-11 08:16 AM
    Yes so far this one has thumbs up from me.
    07-11-11 07:32 PM
    I don't know how you did this. I opened 11 tabs and then got the message. Maybe the sites you used were all mobile?

But no disappearing text yet, so that's good. If it maxes out at around 10 tabs I'd be happy.
    11 open tabs is not too bad... I'd be happy with that too

07-11-11 07:51 PM
    11 open tabs is not too bad... I'd be happy with that too

Holy crap Phill. How long did it take you to open 99 tabs? Are they all full CrackBerry sites?

07-11-11 08:53 PM
    Hello Crackberry, this is my very first post!

So here are my experiences with .600 on 9780 so far, maybe subjective, but thats what i felt: (couple of days installed)
    - The OS feels more stable than my old one .534. Yea thats right, no memory full messages anymore, and no sudden hourglass and hangs.
    - The browser is noticeably faster when opening full sites! Is it only my feeling or anybody can confirm?
    - Facebook beta 2.0 updates feeds and shows photos much faster than before, im amazed, on .534 it took me sometimes eternity to view friends albums!
    - about battery i can't say, coz my usage differs from day to day.

My suggestion: Every 9780s out there should update! cheers
    finnc2 likes this.
    07-12-11 02:28 AM
    Holy crap Phill. How long did it take you to open 99 tabs? Are they all full CrackBerry sites?
    Not long

I had to close a few because once you go over 100, it only shows up as 10 in the open tabs box.

The memory management in .600 is unreal. I just pushed it to the limit again with some full Engadget sites...

Those poor 9700 users would weep at this

07-12-11 06:09 AM
    hahha, poor 9700 users with 256 MB better stick to OS 5
    07-12-11 08:44 AM
    I just tried the same on .480 and the browser collapsed attempting to load the fourth tab. Time to upgrade...

07-12-11 08:48 AM
    I downloaded the Vodafone DE version and it downloaded fine, and seems perfectly stable but the battery life seems to be pretty poor, am at 30% after 10hrs of light use.

Anyone else with this issue.. any thoughts on what to do?
    07-12-11 12:08 PM
    I find that What'sApp is battery sucker. after I remove it my battery is now fine
    07-12-11 01:30 PM
    I'm a newbie. How do you know what OS you have?
    Cheers,
    07-12-11 02:39 PM
    I'm a newbie. How do you know what OS you have?
    Cheers,
    Press Alt + Right Shift + H from your home screen

3rd line down... App Version

07-12-11 02:42 PM
327 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD