Thanks a lot for the help. I did remove some of the languages input support including Chinese, but surprisingly, I manage to free up additional 10 MB only And I remembered before I upgraded to this version, with Chinese input support, I still have that 281.6 MB. I think it must because of the hybrid version, like you said.

I'm not familiar with the procedure used to downgrade the BBM. What is the step of doing it? Do I download the file or something else?

Thanks again for the help
    File free could be a couple things. The hybrid files were probably smaller, and the language while sizable, is not huge, depending on how many, and which ones. Also, since it was a hybrid, there was most likely more shrunk out than just language. That said, there's plenty of storage capacity on the 9780, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

The thread I made is pretty clear on how to downgrade. Make sure you're set up properly with a back up, and click the link from your phone.
    08-04-11 12:00 PM
    Ok I have tried everything and still can't get this update installed on my BB!

I installed the update and was prompted to load the uploarder.exe. Once I did that it asked me to select a device but I could never select one! I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my BB to no success!

Now if I try using the loader.exe from blackberry.com my device appears but says that I'm using the latest version which in the .448

I read the 101 upgrading OS and that didn't give much help.

Can anybody give me a point form way to update OS to see if I'm making a mistake...

Thank you,

David
    08-04-11 03:23 PM
    Remove all installed OS versions (including .600), clean of registry (CCleaner is free and does a good job) and the reboot the PC.

Install .600 and try again (don't forget to delete vendor.xml...) using this 101.

If even after that it still fails, then try this one. I know it isn't exactly your situation, but I've seen it solve the issue more than once.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-04-11 03:47 PM
    Dollars to donuts, this will work:

1. Uninstall everything BlackBerry through Control Panel
    2. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader and empty it
    3. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research In Motion->Shared->Loader Files and delete any OS remains found there
    4. Download, install, and use to clean the registry CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    5. Reboot the PC
    6. Run Ccleaner again, just for craps and giggles
    7. Install the OS again. You don't really have to install DM, but if you'd feel better you can. I'd recommend using version 4.6 found here
    8. Search your PC and delete any vendor.xml you find, even if it's in the recycle bin
    9. Repeat step 8
    10. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->Loader.exe and try it again
    wilsey likes this.
    08-04-11 04:15 PM
    I've notice this build .600 i have a schedule on and off let say 7am it will power on and 12midnight will be off the problem is in the morning 7am some of my email are lost this is the second time i notice!! if you have any idea please share some comments please

thank
    08-04-11 10:31 PM
    File free could be a couple things. The hybrid files were probably smaller, and the language while sizable, is not huge, depending on how many, and which ones. Also, since it was a hybrid, there was most likely more shrunk out than just language. That said, there's plenty of storage capacity on the 9780, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

The thread I made is pretty clear on how to downgrade. Make sure you're set up properly with a back up, and click the link from your phone.
    Now that you mention "Click the link from your phone", I finally understand it But I haven't downgraded yet, still using BBM 6. Still testing it. If there's something wrong then I will downgrade it

Thanks again for the help. Really appreciate it
    08-05-11 08:11 AM
    Can't get much worse than .576 I'm having a nightmare with how slow it is
    Just read your comment now... I'm on that at the moment and I have been on that release for ages and I cannot express how bad this release was.. it's slow, very sluggish freezes too much and the worst of memory leaks you could possibly ever have! Thank god I'm upgrading not to .600 but .647 but so I hope all does go well and won't ever have an experience as bad as that again!
    08-06-11 03:43 PM
    This ROM sucks so much. It's laggy, buggy and battery thirsty!
    Can't wait to upgrade
    08-08-11 12:50 PM
    This ROM sucks so much. It's laggy, buggy and battery thirsty!
    Can't wait to upgrade
    How would you know Tommy?

You have a 9700... this is for the 9780
    08-08-11 02:30 PM
    Which OS is better .546 or .600, which one has better battery life ?
    08-08-11 07:40 PM
    Which OS is better .546 or .600, which one has better battery life ?
    Not much between the two regarding battery life, but .600 being the newer is obviously more stable with fewer bugs
    08-08-11 09:03 PM
    Not much between the two regarding battery life, but .600 being the newer is obviously more stable with fewer bugs
    Does .600 has bugs ? What bugs? ? Which bugs were fixed when 600 was launched?
    08-09-11 04:07 AM
    Does .600 has bugs ? What bugs? ? Which bugs were fixed when 600 was launched?
    All OS builds have bugs, most are only minor though, and some you'd never even notice.
    08-09-11 04:31 AM
    How would you know Tommy?

You have a 9700... this is for the 9780

I have upgraded to the 9780 in June...
    Foursquare takes ages to load, web pages rendering take forever and are laggy. Better of with .546
    08-09-11 03:32 PM
    I have upgraded to the 9780 in June...
    Foursquare takes ages to load, web pages rendering take forever and are laggy. Better of with .546
    Try .650. The best until now!
    08-10-11 10:29 AM
    sorry, 2 questions:

(from someone who's running .285 and hurting for an upgrade

When starting the upgrade or wipe out/clean process:

does it matter if the sim card is in or out?

does it matter if the microsd card is in or out?

Thanks in advance!
    08-10-11 11:40 PM
    sorry, 2 questions:

(from someone who's running .285 and hurting for an upgrade

When starting the upgrade or wipe out/clean process:

does it matter if the sim card is in or out?

does it matter if the microsd card is in or out?

Thanks in advance!
    No matter, as long as wireless (3G and wifi) are off during backup and restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    08-10-11 11:42 PM
    Has been running on .600 for 2 days, feels ok, can say nice and snappy, not a big jump from .546 though

08-13-11 01:10 PM
    please i updated mine 9780 yesterday and since than it is freezing badly. it is brand new i just bought 2 days before. Didnt installed any application on it till now. Any solution please ...
    08-13-11 04:51 PM
    Well, I just found out that my cursor seems a little bit wacky after installing .600, always wants to move to the right side mysteriously

08-14-11 12:55 AM
    Hello to everyvody, nice forums on here and nice site, well, i have a new blackberry 9780 from Orange Dominicana and the software bundle with it is the 6.0.0.285 (863 Packet), well i want to upgrade to the last OS6, what ir reading is 6.0.0.600 from Vodaphone: my questions are?

Is worth the upgrade?
    What changes or bugs are fixed from .600 from .285,
    I dont have problems with my new bb, but i post that i used all the day from 9:00AM an like at 5 or 6:00PM is 20% Battery, using bb pin and navigate throught internet, is this ok? or i will have more battery performance using the 6.0.0.600?
    Can i used in my telephone company Orange in Spanish or may not posible?
    I have some issues like the backlight change too much, and my trackpad is like going to the right alone, ok thanks you for the answers, nice forums
    08-16-11 12:26 AM
    Hi microyams,
    welcome to Crackberry!
    you should really update to .600. Its worth. You can expect longer battery life. Less Bugs and a snappier OS browsing.

In my Opinion its the best officially OS at the Moment.
    microyams likes this.
    08-16-11 07:41 AM
    hello, thank you for your answer, i upgrade today to my official carrier os, is Orange Dominicana at 6.0.0.576, packet no. 2554, platform no. 6.6.0.216, what i want to ask is;

Is better upgrade from my official carrier 6.0.0.576 to 6.0.0.600 from Vodaphone DE, or should i stay with my official carrier?

Have this os (.576), buggies or problems withe the battery?

Andddddd what is java swap on .600, can i put in .576 once installed ?

In case that i want to install 6.0.0.600, how i have to install it, the instrucctions,
    Last edited by microyams; 08-16-11 at 04:32 PM.
    08-16-11 04:05 PM
    .576 is not the best choice. Its choppy and there a some Bugs. If i remember, there is the SIM Card Bug?

.600 is the Best OS at this Moment. There is no Problem, if you update to it with the Vodafone DE OS.

I recommend to update with the Loader.exe in the APP Loader Folder. De-install old OS from your Folder with your Windows Programm. Install the new OS. Go in the Folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader <----- Win7 64Bit and delete the Vendor.xml File. Only Then start the Loader.exe and follow the Instructions.
    Do it since my first BB and never had a Problem with this Way.

Here is the whole Instruction:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    08-17-11 09:39 AM
    .600 is complete rubbish for me. I get constant lockups with applications and in the OS, browsing is slower and GPS can't lock onto anything even when outside with clear skies. With .5xx builds, the browser was all bugged up. I guess I'm going back to .480, the best OS for me with no bugs, slowdowns.
    08-17-11 12:00 PM
327 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD