will this work in globe telecom or smart communications? asia country here.

hehehe i try to load this version it doesnt work
    Last edited by toiletbowl; 07-30-11 at 07:44 AM.
    07-30-11 02:16 AM
    will this work in globe telecom or smart communications?
    Yes it will... but you must delete the vendor file
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 07-30-11 at 09:16 AM.
    07-30-11 08:33 AM
    Yes it will... but you must delete the vendor file
    hello phil

yes i deleted the vendor file, actually this is what im doing im using bbsak apps to wipe all data then next i trying to reload .600 but does not work..
    07-30-11 09:21 AM
    hello phil

yes i deleted the vendor file, actually this is what im doing im using bbsak apps to wipe all data then next i trying to reload .600 but does not work..
    Let me guess... you're now left left with a bricked device and cannot load OS via bbsak or even running using the AppLoader in the RIM folder? When loading, it will tell you that there is no software to load?
    07-30-11 09:44 AM
    No need to wipe, that's completely unnecessary. Keep trying.

Quick tip... change your name to something sensible and you might get taken seriously

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 09:45 AM
    Let me guess... you're now left left with a bricked device and cannot load OS via bbsak or even running using the AppLoader in the RIM folder? When loading, it will tell you that there is no software to load?
    hello henghs and phil

sorry to bother you guys, actually i use only bbsak to wipe but to reload i use apploader but didnt fine .600 is there any procedure tips i will do it gain to update.

thanks
    07-30-11 10:02 AM
    woooottt it works now my BB .600

thank you all cheers
    07-30-11 10:20 AM
    so this was my first OS upgrade experience,
    i started procedding for the upgrade as stated in the 101 biting my nails, all went fine and suddenly i dont know what happend... i was updating and i got this fatal error..with some unknown error number.. :O, f**k trust me i started sweating..the device started rebooting and got stuck at one point.. the best thing i cud do at tht time was a battery pull and did it.. and *facepalm* all is working fine *confused*, no idea wat the error was abt.. restored data and all is fine as of now... it was a **** of a upgrade experience..:P
    will add as i find anything new in this OS..
    one change i found was in the Options>Device> Application Management.
    If we scroll the trackpad to the sides selecting the top bar now i can see different options like.. Cpu usage.. etc...i donno if they were already there but i noticed em now..
    Last edited by bagsabhi; 07-31-11 at 12:30 AM.
    07-30-11 11:16 PM
    Contacts and whatnot will be in the LoaderBackup-(*today's date), most likely in My Documents. You can run DM->Backup and Restore->Restore and browser to it. If you'd searched your PC prior to closing that error for your pin#, you'd have been able to save the 3rd party backup too. Did you make one before starting the upgrade?
    07-31-11 12:33 AM
    yea i had done it previosly but not just before the upgrade.. as the Loader app started tht it will back up automatically.. but have got the bb contacts and some apps restored.. things lining up again..

but is any one aware of this error why it happened so i can take care next time.. below is the error window..
    Last edited by bagsabhi; 07-31-11 at 12:49 AM.
    07-31-11 12:43 AM
    Ive noticed that when a contact has multiple phonenumbers and you press the call button on that person it shows you the two numbers so you can select which one to call. But now the thing is when the popup shows the 2 numbers the last number of the phonenumbers are all shown half so a zero looks like ( for some reason. How do i fix this?
    08-01-11 03:51 AM
    Ive noticed that when a contact has multiple phonenumbers and you press the call button on that person it shows you the two numbers so you can select which one to call. But now the thing is when the popup shows the 2 numbers the last number of the phonenumbers are all shown half so a zero looks like ( for some reason. How do i fix this?
    Try taking a screen shot with this http://www.coned-shop.com/Apps/CaptureNux_3.0.6_Beta/CaptureNux.jad as I don't quite understand

08-01-11 04:05 AM
    Hey, all. Ran into a problem. I re-installed this OS and I can't open Email Management. When I try to, I get the message "Unable to open email set up application. Please contact wireless service provider." After an hour on the phone with my wireless service provider, I'm two steps backward. I've tried deleting service books, re-registering with the network and everything. I'm thinking it's the app itself. Anyone have an OTA of the latest Email App?
    I am havin the same prob, when I click it, my phone hangs, an forces a batt pull, would be nice to have this fixed please and thanx !
    08-01-11 09:32 AM
    ive noticed idk if its me or what but when your hearing music and then u go to facebook 2.0 it lags for a bit
    08-01-11 10:33 AM
    The latest OS posted in this thread can be found at Bell Mobility, a North American carrier:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...66523641.node1
    08-01-11 11:34 PM
    The latest OS posted in this thread can be found at Bell Mobility, a North American carrier:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...66523641.node1
    Invalid link... should be https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...646D38BC2145CA
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 08-02-11 at 04:46 AM.
    08-02-11 12:37 AM
    Is it just me or is anyone else finding the browser slower in this version of the os?

08-02-11 01:32 AM
    Long time observer, first time posting.
    The browser seems as slow as in previous releases on my 9780.
    One thing I noticed since upgrading is a bit of lag when scrolling, particularly in the facebook app and the main menu on the Bold.
    08-02-11 04:22 AM
    Software For BlackBerry� Bold™ 9780 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.863 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.863
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.285
    Software Platform: 6.5.0.54
    File name: 9780AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel863_PL6.5.0.54_A6.0.0.285_ Orange_UK.exe
    File size: 180.72MB

.576 updated my Bold last week and now i've found that on blackberry's site under carrier Orange UK
    08-02-11 06:03 AM
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.285

.576 updated my Bold last week and now i've found that on blackberry's site under carrier Orange UK
    That would be the old and buggy .285
    08-02-11 06:54 AM
    how come they gave it a higher revision number or am i reading it wrong ?
    08-02-11 07:12 AM
    how come they gave it a higher revision number or am i reading it wrong ?
    They didn't, this one is package version 2647...

Package Version: 6.0.0.2647
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.600
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.223
    File name: 9780AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2647_PL6.6.0.223_A6.0.0.60 0.exe
    File size: 197.00MB

08-02-11 07:24 AM
    Hi all, I'm a Blackberry Newbie here. So when I tried to upgrade my OS to .600 using App Loader, it says that my device has a newer version compared to .600 that I just installed on my PC. Of course, I was surprised as I never installed any OS before.

Here, I took snapshot of the device before upgrading it.
    - This is by pressing Alt+Right Shift+H
    Under the App Version, it displayed 6.1.0.44

- This is from Options-> Device -> About Device Versions.
    In here, the App Version is 6.0.0.534

I mean, both of the version should be the same right? Or am I mistaken?

I guess the App Loader detected that I was running the 6.1.0.44, hence I chose to downgrade so I can install the .600 and after I downgraded, both of the App version now displayed the same.

And I accidentally selected one of the language pack, is there anyway to uninstall it so I can have more free space?
    Before I did the upgrade, I have around 281.6 MB of free space, now I only have 244.6 MB, with the same apps installed.

One more thing, how do I downgrade the BBM version?

Sorry, for asking too much and thanks a lot in advance for the help.
    08-04-11 03:55 AM
    Hi all, I'm a Blackberry Newbie here. So when I tried to upgrade my OS to .600 using App Loader, it says that my device has a newer version compared to .600 that I just installed on my PC. Of course, I was surprised as I never installed any OS before.

Here, I took snapshot of the device before upgrading it.
    - This is by pressing Alt+Right Shift+H
    Under the App Version, it displayed 6.1.0.44

- This is from Options-> Device -> About Device Versions.
    In here, the App Version is 6.0.0.534

I mean, both of the version should be the same right? Or am I mistaken?

I guess the App Loader detected that I was running the 6.1.0.44, hence I chose to downgrade so I can install the .600 and after I downgraded, both of the App version now displayed the same.

And I accidentally selected one of the language pack, is there anyway to uninstall it so I can have more free space?
    Before I did the upgrade, I have around 281.6 MB of free space, now I only have 244.6 MB, with the same apps installed.

One more thing, how do I downgrade the BBM version?

Sorry, for asking too much and thanks a lot in advance for the help.
    The reason for the "downgrade" and diferent numbers, was you having a hybrid installed on the phone. I assume you bought it used, since you said it's your first upgrade.

You can remove the language a few ways. Simplest would be to install http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bb...s-tool-579728/ on your PC, shrink the languages out, and run Loader again.

After you do that, because otherwise it will upgrade right back, you can downgrade BBM here.
    wilsey likes this.
    08-04-11 06:16 AM
    The reason for the "downgrade" and diferent numbers, was you having a hybrid installed on the phone. I assume you bought it used, since you said it's your first upgrade.

You can remove the language a few ways. Simplest would be to install http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bb...s-tool-579728/ on your PC, shrink the languages out, and run Loader again.

After you do that, because otherwise it will upgrade right back, you can downgrade BBM here.
    Thanks a lot for the help. I did remove some of the languages input support including Chinese, but surprisingly, I manage to free up additional 10 MB only And I remembered before I upgraded to this version, with Chinese input support, I still have that 281.6 MB. I think it must because of the hybrid version, like you said.

I'm not familiar with the procedure used to downgrade the BBM. What is the step of doing it? Do I download the file or something else?

Thanks again for the help
    08-04-11 10:51 AM
327 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD