Okay I call BS on the browser tabs miracle. Same old memory errors, maybe a little frequently but they show up even with a couple of tabs opened.
    This feels like Star Trek hehe... We're all trying to break the Warp 10 barrier. ^^

Really guys even if you're stuck at 10 tabs like I am, isn't it a lot already for a mobile device?

EDIT: On the 15th mobile crackberry page here. Guess the problem is loading huge desktop versions.

Sorry for the bad quality of the video, my 9780 can't cam itself. :P
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-13-11 at 06:03 PM.
    07-13-11 05:48 PM
    Loading the same page in multiple tabs doen't count, it's just cached. Let's see a bunch of different big sites loaded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 06:14 PM
    Loading the same page in multiple tabs doen't count, it's just cached. Let's see a bunch of different big sites loaded.
    Sure. I'll try mobile and then full sites. I expect full sites to hit the Warp Barrier thou.

EDIT: My router decided that loading the desktop versions was a good time to drop the connection and it made the 9780 completely clueless on what it was supposed to do, so I can't tell if it was going to crash or not, but 16 different mobile sites loaded just fine. I'm quite sure I could have opened more... but... don't really need that many. Movie if you're interested.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-13-11 at 08:11 PM.
    07-13-11 07:33 PM
    C'mon guys... you're still on impulse drive

Oh, and my pics are for real so how can I be bluffing?

07-13-11 08:00 PM
    I broke the '10' barrier. but at 12 full desktop sites it just reset the browser. No warning, no message. Just all of a sudden it was as if I had just launched the browser. Still dont care. I dont think I've ever had more than 7 or 8 tabs open.
    07-13-11 08:11 PM
    I broke the '10' barrier. but at 12 full desktop sites it just reset the browser. No warning, no message. Just all of a sudden it was as if I had just launched the browser. Still dont care. I dont think I've ever had more than 7 or 8 tabs open.
    My point excactly, althou I did get a warning here. Not that it matters, Options are Ok and Cancel, but even if I cancel it will still crash.

So, stick to mobile sites when loading over 10 tabs. Untill a proper solution is out.
    07-13-11 08:34 PM
    I bet I can guess some of Phill's secrets to success. I've been a committed (some would like to anyway) full site user for a long time. I'd like to ask for a few specifations though. How many posts per page are you using? Are these threads with long posts, or many images per post? Have you tried throwing in some animated radar as well? Desktop Google Images is another good one to load. Oh, and throw a couple post views from some of the busier members, so you have long pages there. Bet just one of those, on top of a couple other tabs would freeze you right fast, were you to scroll down it to the bottom.

Ya'll do impress me either way. The 9780 is no doubt far superior to my 9650, even with my hybrid OS installed. I don't have near the processing power to compete.
    07-13-11 09:31 PM
    I bet I can guess some of Phill's secrets to success. I've been a committed (some would like to anyway) full site user for a long time. I'd like to ask for a few specifations though. How many posts per page are you using? Are these threads with long posts, or many images per post? Have you tried throwing in some animated radar as well? Desktop Google Images is another good one to load. Oh, and throw a couple post views from some of the busier members, so you have long pages there. Bet just one of those, on top of a couple other tabs would freeze you right fast, were you to scroll down it to the bottom.

Ya'll do impress me either way. The 9780 is no doubt far superior to my 9650, even with my hybrid OS installed. I don't have near the processing power to compete.
    Which is sad. The processor was the tie breaker for me. Had both devices had the same 624mhz speeds, I'd go for the larger 9650 keyboard...

While trying to load the full pages, the device did slow down, but since everything went into eternal-loading due to the router mishap, I didn't blame the device...
    07-13-11 09:37 PM
    Which is sad. The processor was the tie breaker for me. Had both devices had the same 624mhz speeds, I'd go for the larger 9650 keyboard...

While trying to load the full pages, the device did slow down, but since everything went into eternal-loading due to the router mishap, I didn't blame the device...
    Do you not have 3G

I've not used WiFi but rare occasion for over a year. Sure, it takes 10 seconds to load a page with 20 average posts for me, but that's not too bad imo. Mine on CrackBerry are much heavier as a mod too. The mobile site is child's play. I can load that up in the blink of an eye, with 40ppp.

The 9650 really is a disappointment, and has to be one of RIM's most WTF moments. All that memory boost from what the 9700 has, with an outdated processor on release.
    07-13-11 09:52 PM
    Do you not have 3G

I've not used WiFi but rare occasion for over a year. Sure, it takes 10 seconds to load a page with 20 average posts for me, but that's not too bad imo. Mine on CrackBerry are much heavier as a mod too. The mobile site is child's play. I can load that up in the blink of an eye, with 40ppp.

The 9650 really is a disappointment, and has to be one of RIM's most WTF moments. All that memory boost from what the 9700 has, with an outdated processor on release.
    I do! hehe Just not indoors. 3G is strong anywhere in the city, just not inside my appartment.

On the 9650... Really?? Gee that's #@$%&* #@! I knew the Tour was fluke but I thought they had it right with the 9650. Oh well... 9930 eh?

Back on the .600 topic, I just did a clean install (343mb) and I'll test this release properly (browser included).
    07-13-11 10:03 PM
    Trouble is, I don't just get to choose to load a mobile site. I just got an email with a link to a full site. This opened a 6th tab in the browser, and then memory message and all tabs closed on me.

So it can easily be a limit of 5. And yes, I do need all 5, I open lots of links to read while on the go and then read them when I can.

Sorry to say but the browser in .600 is still a turd.

07-14-11 09:30 AM
    Sorry to say but the browser in .600 is still a turd.
    Sorry to say but that's as good as it's gonna get on the 9780

07-14-11 10:06 AM
    Sorry to say but that's as good as it's gonna get on the 9780

Okay Phill. But when I said OS6 wasn't working on the 9700, you said the 9700 wasn't designed to run OS6, but that the 9780 was. Now it turns out the 9780 also wasn't designed to run OS6. It's not you, but we're running out of excuses for the sorry state of OS6 and the browser.

07-14-11 01:50 PM
    Upgraded from.480 a few days ago and I think I could have saved the effort. The .600 is not any better than .480, at least not from what I can tell. The battery life is identical for me. In fact there is some drawbacks: the camera has a harder time to focus on objects and Opera Mini now takes about 5 seconds to exit, unless the phone is connected via wifi. The email application does the same thing. I still try to find an improvement anywhere, but I can't. The native browser does not handle the stuff any different either.

07-15-11 08:20 AM
    What am I missing? Upgraded from 480 to 600 yesterday. I can no longer access the camera menu when viewing a picture? I used to be able to press the Blackberry button and have the option of sending it via email, sms, mms etc. Nothing happens now. Suggestions?
    Dunno what to say, all I know is I can do the things you mentioned on my 9780 running .600.

@ralfyguy, downgrade? (I still don't know what is so great about OM. I give it a try on each new version and it never lasts 2 hours)
    07-15-11 11:55 AM
    Dunno what to say, all I know is I can do the things you mentioned on my 9780 running .600.

@ralfyguy, downgrade? (I still don't know what is so great about OM. I give it a try on each new version and it never lasts 2 hours)
    I'm on a$$ slow GPRS, that makes the native browser useless. OM is the only way for me to surf the web. If you use the native browser on GPRS, then you just wanna throw the darn thing against the wall. Every darn page takes an eternity to load. Nobody has that kind of patience. Whenever there is a WIFI signal, I can use the native browser. No 3G or at least EDGE around here. It is slower than Dial-Up. T-Mobile should be ashamed of that.
    07-15-11 12:50 PM
    Uhh... I had no idea. I'm sorry to hear it. :/
    07-15-11 02:53 PM
    "Dunno what to say, all I know is I can do the things you mentioned on my 9780 running .600."

how?
    Well, pressing the menu button just as you said it should work. That's why I don't know what to say... I have no idea what could be causing your issues. But since I can do it, it's most likely not a OS issue.
    07-15-11 04:09 PM
    Well, pressing the menu button just as you said it should work. That's why I don't know what to say... I have no idea what could be causing your issues. But since I can do it, it's most likely not a OS issue.
    +1 Menu options working fine here for pics taken with camera, so definitely not an OS issue.

07-15-11 04:30 PM
    This OS is now an official download for O2 UK users.
    07-15-11 05:50 PM
    I am using this build for a week now. never had any issues yet! battery is ok
    07-17-11 02:48 PM
    Anyone facing the hour glass problem? Its really getting on my nerves.
    07-17-11 10:04 PM
    the messages or mails coming on today screen text goes mising is an bug
    07-17-11 10:39 PM
    Anyone facing the hour glass problem? Its really getting on my nerves.

Nope. Much better on 600. I haven't seen the hour glass this last 10 days.
    07-18-11 04:59 AM
    For those reporting issues... did you update the firmware from a wiped device or just update from an existing version with your details intact?

I find the method of updating from a clean device (wiped state) is the best... almost all the time less error and more reliable although it means spending half a day just to reload the programs and restore the data back.

This is by far also one of the recommended update... although I don't find any much difference compared to my earlier 546 version.
    07-18-11 09:01 AM
327 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD