07-11-11 05:38 PM
143 ... 3456
tools
    Yes that is dumb!
    Kidding obviously....

There are 2 main differences.
    First is that most leaks are unbranded, meaning you don't really need to remove the Vendor. Most officially released OS's will have a branded Vendor file, meaning you must remove it unless it's your own carrier.
    Secondly, there is a small amount of users who experience file corruption when downloading anything directly from RIM using Firefox or Chrome. Unless you're 100% certain you've successfully downloaded an officially released OS from the main BB site, better safe than sorry and just use IE for the download. (I know... IE = ewww!)

---------------------------
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    I used my BB to download the files and I have no problem, you don't need to use IE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 06:31 AM
    This OS is giving me some horrible battery life. I think i'm going back to 534.

05-13-11 06:36 AM
    I find a bug. If you go to your pictures and select one picture to send to a bbm contact. It won't work.
    I think it's only you, work fine on me.

05-13-11 06:37 AM
    That's odd, because I found .534 terrible on my battery but .546 has been very good so far.

05-13-11 07:30 AM
    Just wait for a while pal! There's no reason for you to have more terrible battery life than on .534.

Right after the install I had 15%/h and was ready to reinstall, but after 3 bat. pulls (for OS to settle down)and full charge, it went to 0,6% (runnin Breaking news, Gmail, BBM, BeWeather..)..and with GPS ON -> 0,8%. And at the end of the day => 0,5%....unbelievable!! Greatest LEAK!
    05-13-11 05:23 PM
    Just wait for a while pal! There's no reason for you to have more terrible battery life than on .534.

Right after the install I had 15%/h and was ready to reinstall, but after 3 bat. pulls (for OS to settle down)and full charge, it went to 0,6% (runnin Breaking news, Gmail, BBM, BeWeather..)..and with GPS ON -> 0,8%. And at the end of the day => 0,5%....unbelievable!! Greatest LEAK!
    one thing i noticed about using MeterBerry is that it will register VERY low discharge rates (0.6%) when pulled off the charger. i find i need to reset the discharge rate when i pull it out of the charger. then the discharge rate will be normal (2-4%).

so your low rates may be incorrect. theres no way that you can see rates that low while actively using the phone. if the phone was left idle for 2 hours and everything turned off, then yea maybe.
    05-13-11 09:35 PM

Already did a couple 100 pulls but it kept draining.
    Rolled back to 534 i'll be waiting for the next release.

05-14-11 03:41 AM
    Vodafone DE have just gone official with .546 if anyone is interested...

BlackBerry Bold 9780 - Firmware-Updates & Support von Vodafone
    Pleasureseeker and PMW_Peter like this.
    05-14-11 04:21 AM
    Installed 546 a few days ago, and I'm getting problems with social feeds. In particular, social feeds doesn't load the text of the feed when I click on a post. Anyone else experience this too? I'm rolling back to 480.

I've already did battery pulls, and it fixed it for a day, and then it reoccurs.
    Last edited by moltenfire; 05-14-11 at 06:35 AM.
    05-14-11 06:23 AM
    Installed 546 a few days ago, and I'm getting problems with social feeds. In particular, social feeds doesn't load the text of the feed when I click on a post. Anyone else experience this too?
    Nope, social feeds is working fine here.

05-14-11 05:17 PM
    I've upgrade it couple days ago and for my this upgrade means better performance and low discharge rate!
    05-14-11 09:16 PM
    one thing i noticed about using MeterBerry is that it will register VERY low discharge rates (0.6%) when pulled off the charger. i find i need to reset the discharge rate when i pull it out of the charger. then the discharge rate will be normal (2-4%).

so your low rates may be incorrect. theres no way that you can see rates that low while actively using the phone. if the phone was left idle for 2 hours and everything turned off, then yea maybe.
    I'm not sure about this, I fully-charged and reset MeterBerry, and rates are still from 0,6 to 0,8%. So I am very satisfied with this one
    05-15-11 03:14 AM
    Installed 546 a few days ago, and I'm getting problems with social feeds. In particular, social feeds doesn't load the text of the feed when I click on a post. Anyone else experience this too? I'm rolling back to 480.

I've already did battery pulls, and it fixed it for a day, and then it reoccurs.
    I think the problem may be with one of the feeds. In particular, I added http://tomorrowsgaspricetoday.com/rssfeed.php?city=1 and after a day or so social feeds stops loading the text for all of my feeds.

I've deleted this feed and after 24+ hours social feeds still seems okay. I'm still on 546.
    05-15-11 11:01 AM
    just my 2 cents. this build has amazing battery life.

and everything works just fine.
    05-15-11 11:55 AM
    .546 isn't working for me... After having it about a week, I've experienced ongoing battery leak (not even using it, my battery drops 50% in a day); there has been at least 3-4 times the phone will lock up requiring me to do a battery pull to get it working again; and the browser seems super slow. I've wiped my phone and reinstalled it twice so I guess I'll have to go back to something else.

Hope there is a new leak soon.
    05-15-11 02:25 PM
    I'm not sure about this, I fully-charged and reset MeterBerry, and rates are still from 0,6 to 0,8%. So I am very satisfied with this one
    and this is with moderate, continuous usage?? bbms/wifi/calls/sms? the only way i hit those levels is with the phone sitting on my desk for hours without touching it.

with regular usage im in the 2-4% an hour range. heavy use, especially with heavy data, im up over 5% an hour. if you are getting rates that low, i would like to see screen shots of your battery chart.
    05-16-11 12:57 AM
    Installed this last night, internet seems to be running slow and I can't download anything from App World, keep getting an error! Actually I can't even download from the Browser....anyone know what the problem could be?

05-16-11 05:40 AM
    New mirror link for asia software:
    Code:
    http://teamberry.com/downloads/index.php?dir=OS/Official/&file=9780jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL6.6.0.207_A6.0.0.546_Taiwan_Mobile.exe
    05-16-11 09:52 AM
    I've only used it for ten minutes, but my stuttering keyboard no longer stutters with this OS.

I fully expect to have a stutter anytime now, but...wouldn't that be sweet if 546 fixed the stutter issue!?!?
    05-16-11 11:47 AM
    I've only used it for ten minutes, but my stuttering keyboard no longer stutters with this OS.

I fully expect to have a stutter anytime now, but...wouldn't that be sweet if 546 fixed the stutter issue!?!?
    That would be sweet... but it ain't gonna happen
    05-16-11 11:51 AM
    That would be sweet... but it ain't gonna happen
    I just spent 5 minutes smashing out any random words and sentences with 0 stutters. Before I upgraded to this OS I would have a stutter with every sentence. I am curious if anyone else has noticed this?
    05-16-11 12:15 PM
    Having loaded my 9780 with the OS 6.0.0.546 for a week now, I find battery-pulls boot up to take an exceedingly long time. Exceedingly long meaning almost a good 4-5 min.

This would be the 1st time I see such long boot-up time ever on the BB.

This is normal OR is this unusual ?

Please feel free to comment.....

Thanks!!
    05-17-11 01:16 AM
    Hello All

I got my first blackberry yesterday lunchtime and within 4 hours I had updated my bold 9780 to .546 to the latest update, thanks to Elite1 tips on page 1, (I have thanked your post) at first, I thought I had "bricked" it, but had forgot to disconnect my laptop to the internet. couldn't believe how easy it was so thanks to everyone involved.

Been reading crackberry for a couple of months and also currently have an android, and before that Windows Mobile.

Thanks once again, very happy new user

PMW_Peter
    Last edited by PMW_Peter; 05-17-11 at 07:08 AM.
    05-17-11 06:35 AM
    Just did the upgrade and i thought i would share some problems that I encounter while doing it. I was using Desktop Manager V 6.0.2 and was trying to upgrade my 9870 from .248 to this latest build. I have used IE to download both the Desktop Manager and this latest OS.

I have downloaded and installed at least 10 OS in my experiences with other BB phones. I have used the 'norm' method, which is the one that being described on the first page. However, when the apploader was installing the new OS, it was shown in the progress bar. It shows an error message that says it cant connect to my 9870 and told me to do these multiple steps to resume the installation, when I looked at the phone, the phone was actually booting up like it when it got restarted, so I wait until the bar has complete and I choose retry.

After it resumes, at this stage the apploader progress bar was showing that it has done installing the new OS, the apploader window just closed by itself. It has never happened like this before throughout my experience. So when I looked at the phone, the phone was installed with the new OS, but there was no restoration or whatsoever. I decided to use the Desktop Manager to restore all my files and luckily i have backed up my BBM remotely, locally, and also in the desktop. Now, 4 hours after the whole ordeal, my BBM is still trying to recover all my groups and also all my contacts.

Anyone can explain what is going through? or might have the same experience?
    05-17-11 12:43 PM
    I installed this OS yesterday, just 24 hours ago. Battery life appears much improved from 534. No issues yet. I'm a happy camper!
    05-18-11 05:49 AM
143 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD