I have just updated to this OS. So far, i have little to say about it. I hope the battery life is way better. Right now, I'm down to three percent according to meter berry. :/ but i guess its because of all the stuff im doing to it since im reconfiguring a lot of applications and stuff
    05-10-11 04:37 AM
    I have just updated to this OS. So far, i have little to say about it. I hope the battery life is way better. Right now, I'm down to three percent according to meter berry. :/ but i guess its because of all the stuff im doing to it since im reconfiguring a lot of applications and stuff
    most probably since everything has to be configured, especially the indexing for search.
    05-10-11 04:41 AM
    05-10-11 05:13 AM
    Its not even a day I have this on and I already feel so much more better..!! The last OS update s**ked!! Probably because it was download off a link posted by a chap from UYBB.. No offence but I feel it was really not a proper build.. This build has substantially decreased the boot up time.!! Battery after a medium to heavy usage of 6 hours stays at 75%.. So far one of the best builds after .526!! Hope I see a better tomorrow!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 05:40 AM
    05-10-11 05:43 AM
    most probably since everything has to be configured, especially the indexing for search.
    Probably man.

anyway ill post a report on my battery life using meterberry.
    3 hours since my update! so far, it's good!
    05-10-11 06:13 AM
    oh, i also noticed the browser wont keep you logged into things like Google after closing the browser. this was also a "bug" in .534.
    I didn't experience this on .534... And I'm glad it is not happening on .546.

Like Diego, I too typically shrink it out, since it's usually slightly outdated.

@dictoresno: did you try this time?
    I was surprised with my 9800 that it actually wokred this time around. I shrunk out the included BBM, and Loader still kept my beta BBM 6.0.0.73 intact.

Whenever I do that, I have no problems whatsoever when I update.

In fact, as someone alluded to above, I didn't even need to re-do the Agreement, let alone re-enter my keycode!

For T4BB beta v2.0.0.7, the agreement appeared but the keycode was already filled in for me. Very cool!

Almost the same here, T4BB had the keycode there when I got the agreement popup, Fabebook didn't. All others asked for agreement but backups were loaded fine so I didn't have to do much more.

Only with BZ's Submit Feedback Tool did I need to re-apply the keycode.
    Here goes a mirror of my own. I thank all that posted but patience is virtue and I managed to download from the source while I waited for the mirrors to come.

9780jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL6.6.0.207_A6.0.0.5 46_Taiwan_Mobile.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-10-11 at 07:33 AM.
    tartooob and aria_aradhea like this.
    05-10-11 07:24 AM
    So there is no big changes in this update?
    05-10-11 08:30 AM
    Yes that is dumb!
    Kidding obviously....

There are 2 main differences.
    First is that most leaks are unbranded, meaning you don't really need to remove the Vendor. Most officially released OS's will have a branded Vendor file, meaning you must remove it unless it's your own carrier.
    Secondly, there is a small amount of users who experience file corruption when downloading anything directly from RIM using Firefox or Chrome. Unless you're 100% certain you've successfully downloaded an officially released OS from the main BB site, better safe than sorry and just use IE for the download. (I know... IE = ewww!)

---------------------------
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    hi just curious
    for OS 6 which one is better or more compatible Shrink a os / bb boss/ bb hybrid tools ?
    and is there any tutorial on how to use theM?
    05-10-11 08:40 AM
    Why the **** in the universe will you want to 'wipe' the device after you have installed the new OS ??
    If at all you want to 'wipe' it, it has to be done before you install the OS.
    Hope that helps!!

Cheers
    I think that's what he meant. Why the **** in the universe would you want to reply so aggressively to his question?
    05-10-11 08:42 AM
    So there is no big changes in this update?
    Are there ever? It's just a maintenance release... same as always.
    05-10-11 08:44 AM
    Are there ever? It's just a maintenance release... same as always.
    Is there any chance of 9780 getting OS7 lite version.
    some features like...
    Voice Search,
    Music Store,
    New Icons,
    05-10-11 08:58 AM
    Is there any chance of 9780 getting OS7 lite version.
    some features like...
    Voice Search,
    Music Store,
    New Icons,
    You don't really expect any of us to know that do you? Besides being way off topic.

Try Kevin or B1aze. I bet they don't know either but at least you'd be going for the most likely sources...
    05-10-11 09:02 AM
    You tell me infinus...

don't imagine a lot.
    but 9780 will get some good features out of OS7...
    it may take time....
    05-10-11 09:10 AM
    You tell me infinus...
    Well,
    Music Store: Don't need specialized hardware, just a software app
    Voice Search: Don't need specialized hardware, just a software app
    Icons: Don't need specialized hardware, just a graphic icon change

i think all three requests are pretty possible. Icons doesn't mean liquid graphics. just plain icon replacement.

i think RIM should consider this.
    Last edited by infinus; 05-10-11 at 09:26 AM.
    05-10-11 09:23 AM
    Well,
    Music Store: Don't need specialized hardware, just a software app
    Voice Search: Don't need specialized hardware, just a software app
    Icons: Don't need specialized hardware, just a graphic icon change

i think all three requests are pretty possible. Icons doesn't mean liquid graphics. just plain icon replacement.

i think RIM should consider this.
    Yes, we all know that and we all think RIM should consider it, but how do you expect us to know pal?
    05-10-11 11:10 AM
    I just noticed in the Desktop Software the Software version it picks up my phone has now is 6.0 Buncle 2475. Checked MeterBerry and it shows 6.0.0.546. I also had to reset my Sync settings for the Calender to resync
    05-10-11 11:19 AM
    I just noticed in the Desktop Software the Software version it picks up my phone has now is 6.0 Bundle 2475. Checked MeterBerry and it shows 6.0.0.546. I also had to reset my Sync settings for the Calender to resync
    9780jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL6.6.0.207_A6.0.0.546_Taiwan_Mobile

Yep. Sounds about right to me.
    05-10-11 01:03 PM
    Im still having problems with the BIS not reconnecting to Edge after disconnecting the wifi, its starting to wind me up now having to turn off mobile connection and then turn it back on..

Anybody else also have this problem?
    05-10-11 03:28 PM
    Im still having problems with the BIS not reconnecting to Edge after disconnecting the wifi, its starting to wind me up now having to turn off mobile connection and then turn it back on..

Anybody else also have this problem?
    I have this problem with .480
    05-10-11 04:35 PM
    I have this problem with .480
    i used 480 for quite some time and never had this problem.
    05-10-11 07:14 PM

This major battery drop happened last night while I was sleeping. Anyone else experience this?
    05-10-11 09:30 PM

This major battery drop happened last night while I was sleeping. Anyone else experience this?
    check your even log to see what occurred at that time. there must have been some huge drain due to an app or something couldve been funky with the network.
    05-10-11 10:50 PM
    since my last post, i have not charged and my batt is still on 74! i just cant post a screen shot cos i rebooted earlier and forgot lol
    05-10-11 10:54 PM
    Just finished download after failed to download for several times
    Now going to install it
    05-10-11 11:34 PM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD