Already installed this yesterday night. Overall is good, can't say about battery yet but pictures loading is faster than my previous .480 (I skipped 534).

I guess this update is just stability fix or just minor bug fixes, nothing much =D
    05-11-11 12:12 AM
    Hi.. I'm really new and noobie to BB here.. Just a question, is the upgrade meant for some carriers only or is it for any 9780 devices? Will anything not be working if I install it since I'm on a different carrier..
    I'm currently on .448, is that considered really old?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 12:48 AM
    Hi.. I'm really new and noobie to BB here.. Just a question, is the upgrade meant for some carriers only or is it for any 9780 devices? Will anything not be working if I install it since I'm on a different carrier..
    I'm currently on .448, is that considered really old?

.448 isnt that old. you can install any OS to your phone, regardless of which carrier is using it as their official one. just follow normal OS install instructions and delete the Vendor.xml file.
    05-11-11 12:52 AM
    Thanks dictoresno.. I'll try installing soon..

05-11-11 01:24 AM
    I used another method to install the software (don't know if i screwed anything up now by that???, but it's still running and working great!!

- i downloaded the software from the link in the post
    - i installed it on my pc
    - i connected my BB to DM. it said there was an update/upgrade
    - i ran a backup just in case
    - i installed the new software (it also ran a backup and placed it back afterwards)
    - then i did 2-3 battery pulls to restore some lay-out issues (alarm switch in top pull-down menu)
    05-11-11 01:34 AM
    My alarm is odly alligned in the settins drop down. It was misalligned yesterday evening.
    Will test battery throughout the day and post.

05-11-11 02:10 AM
    My alarm is odly alligned in the settins drop down. It was misalligned yesterday evening.
    Will test battery throughout the day and post.

it seems to be an issue also in .534. it has to do with the net_rim_ribbon cod i think. its misaligned for me too.
    05-11-11 02:48 AM
    Ok. I've been running this since I subscribed. Coming from .534. Download was a bit slow at about 15 minutes, but I have seen much worse at an hour+. It was a relatively smooth install. Meaning that my data, settings, and everything including icon placement went just fine. BetaZone T4BBv2 installed just fine with the keycode already there for me. I did lose the BZ FaceBookv2 though, and it downgraded my BBM. Reinstallation of these 2 apps went flawless. I don't shrink my OS because I have plenty of memory. In fact, I only know how to shrink an OS in theory because I never have had a need to.

TBH. I like updates, but they always seem to be a waste of time for me. I never really notice any changes at all. It's all backround stuff, and it's not really worth the re-registering of all the apps/settings and such IMO. That normally takes me through a whole evening as I have a ton. But, it seems I cannot help myself, as I always hope there is a new "wow factor" that never manifests itself. LoL. Everything feels a bit quicker to me initially only because it is a fresh install. After downloading additional resources for some apps and settings it feels just like before. Fast, but it's not crapping lightning & thunder. I always had a pretty bad battery life (3/4 of a day) as I have a ton of apps working/updating frequently in the backround, but I charge everywhere, so I don't care. The only problem I have with this (and .534) is that some applications take longer than usual to close out.

I guess what's interesting to me is that this post is more about the excitment of the installation itself, rather than reports of excitement regarding anything noticeably new in this build. (or any other build I have tried).

>Sigh< Just biding time until the Bold Touch comes through.

Good Luck to all... Best wishes...
    05-11-11 03:10 AM
    The only problem I have with this (and .534) is that some applications take longer than usual to close out.
    i had this same issue. it only occurred with Twitter (the old beta) and BerryWeather. now, after updating to the newest Twitter beta, it closes immediately. BerryWeather still takes a good 2-3 full seconds or so to respond to a close/exit.
    05-11-11 03:47 AM
    Hi everyone!!

Can somebody report the battery life?? Is better than .534?? Cause I'm on 3G, running just BBM, Breaking news and Gmail...and bat. rate is 0,6%..

So I would like to know comparison of batt. life to .534 pls
    05-11-11 05:02 AM
    Can somebody report the battery life?? Is better than .534?? Cause I'm on 3G, running just BBM, Breaking news and Gmail...and bat. rate is 0,6%
    Only you can answer that, but if you have an average discharge rate of only 0.6% then I'd stick with .534

05-11-11 05:17 AM
    Nearly Day 2 of this update on my bold and i have not charged since.

05-11-11 06:14 AM
    Concerning some apps taking a long time to close out: I observed something interesting. When using the latest Opera Mini 6, and set the network to SOCKET, it takes about 3 seconds to close. If I set it to HTTP, it closes instantly like it did in previous OS builds. I tried reboots and battery pulls, reinstalling Opera, but it never changes. This trick works every time. I have no idea why it has to do with the network setting. Makes me wonder if other apps are closing slow because of the same problem.
    05-11-11 06:42 AM
    Good evening all from down under. First time user of the crackberry site so please bare with me.
    A quick question: I am about to get my first BB after an awful experience with another phone. I am planning on getting the Bold 9780, however I have just been reading about the soon-to-arrive BB Bold 9900 with this new Blackberry 7 OS. Would you hold off until it arrives, or should I jump in and get the 9780 and if I get the 9780, will it be possible to upgrade to the Blackberry 7OS once it arrives. Pretty clueless about a lot of stuff re BBs at the moment but simply very impressed about everyone's feedback that has one and don't want any more nightmares like I just had with my Samsung ( sorry for uttering such a dirty word).
    05-11-11 07:47 AM
    I would definitly wait for the 9900

05-11-11 07:50 AM
    Good evening all from down under. First time user of the crackberry site so please bare with me.
    A quick question: I am about to get my first BB after an awful experience with another phone. I am planning on getting the Bold 9780, however I have just been reading about the soon-to-arrive BB Bold 9900 with this new Blackberry 7 OS. Would you hold off until it arrives, or should I jump in and get the 9780 and if I get the 9780, will it be possible to upgrade to the Blackberry 7OS once it arrives. Pretty clueless about a lot of stuff re BBs at the moment but simply very impressed about everyone's feedback that has one and don't want any more nightmares like I just had with my Samsung ( sorry for uttering such a dirty word).
    I have a 9780 and it is my favorite phone yet. Having said that, I will get a 9900 when they become available. Why? The 9780's will not get 7OS. It has been discussed in other posts, but RIM have said that OS7 is new BB's only.
    05-11-11 11:25 AM
    Im using .480. Should i update to .546?
    05-11-11 10:39 PM
    I went that route. 480 is rock solid but give 546 a try, you can always roll back to 480. I'm still testing out 546 for myself but it seems decent

05-11-11 11:54 PM
    AFAIK OS7 will not be available for current phones, hence no update for Bold 9780.
    If you are not in need of a phone NOW wait for the Bold 9900 - if not buy the 9780 It still is a fine phone!
    05-12-11 04:43 AM
    im using this fw right now...
    05-12-11 04:58 AM
    I found a bug with this release, if you open your qrcode scanner within appworld pointed immediately at the qrcode, the phone will freeze and restart!

Anybody else?
    05-12-11 02:42 PM
    I found a bug with this release, if you open your qrcode scanner within appworld pointed immediately at the qrcode, the phone will freeze and restart!

Anybody else?
    Works fine here.
    05-12-11 03:57 PM
    Battery life seems *much* better than .526 and .534! w00t!
    05-12-11 05:16 PM
    Yep guys, after two days of using I can confirm, that battery life is better that .480, .526 and also .534. Anyway, I had a very nice battery life with .534 too (0,7 - 0,9) running Breaking new, Gmail and BBM...connected to 3G and regular usage. But now it is 0,6!!
    05-13-11 02:28 AM
    I find a bug. If you go to your pictures and select one picture to send to a bbm contact. It won't work.
    05-13-11 06:28 AM
143 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD