I recommend shrinking the OS using BB Boss, with the "direct shrink on phone" method. That should reduce the memory eating away thing. Now if you want to view full pages on your 9700, just use opera mini or uZard, save the native browser for the mobile sites.
    05-07-12 01:47 AM
    the last OS i had (before this one) was .448... so i decided to finally update, now my battery barely gets me through the day.

i notice most of you say battery life is good or better with this... think i could reload the OS and see if its better?
    05-08-12 03:42 PM
    hey jamaican girl, im a jamaican guy xD
    anyway, you could try java wipe the device and reload the OS to ensure u start from fresh
    05-17-12 08:37 AM
    nothings news os ?
    06-20-12 03:44 PM
    Nope. So far all updates you'll see are for OS 7.1
    06-21-12 04:25 AM
    Guys help me on this one pls. When i updated last 2 friday i think i came from 706. and now upgraded to .723 with no problems or error and whatsoever while im on the process of upgrading. But one thing i noticed is when im about to create an SMS when im about to press the menu button it doesnt work but when im on the other option when im pressing the menu button its working except when im on the sms option and messaging. Help me out guys.
    07-20-12 10:32 PM
    Guys help me on this one please. When i updated last 2 friday i think i came from 706. and now upgraded to .723 with no problems or error and whatsoever while im on the process of upgrading. But one thing i noticed is when im about to create an SMS when im about to press the menu button it doesnt work but when im on the other option when im pressing the menu button its working except when im on the sms option and messaging. Help me out guys.
    Did you do a selective backup, (skipping everything but contacts (addressbook), memopad, calendar, messages (only if you have an @carrier.blackberry.com e-mail), bbm options/bbm groups, bis data, browser bookmarks, browser options, options and icon arrangement) and restore what was backed up selectively, before you updated in a clean manner? I think you should try that. It could be a bad setting.
    owiyeah likes this.
    07-20-12 10:39 PM
    Did you do a selective backup, (skipping everything but contacts (addressbook), memopad, calendar, messages (only if you have an @carrier.blackberry.com e-mail), bbm options/bbm groups, bis data, browser bookmarks, browser options, options and icon arrangement) and restore what was backed up selectively, before you updated in a clean manner? I think you should try that. It could be a bad setting.
    All i did was to upgrade automatically using Desktop Manager when i installed this .723 i didnt do any other things bro.
    07-20-12 10:43 PM
    All i did was to upgrade automatically using Desktop Manager when i installed this .723 i didnt do any other things bro.
    Try a selective backup like I mentioned in my previous post. You'll have a trouble-free device afterwards. Hint, I do this every second time I update my blackberry.
    owiyeah likes this.
    07-20-12 10:47 PM
    Try a selective backup like I mentioned in my previous post. You'll have a trouble-free device afterwards. Hint, I do this every second time I update my blackberry.
    Sorry bro im kinda noob on this one. Correct me if im wrong so what i have to do is re install the OS again? using Apploader or Desktop Manager?
    07-20-12 10:50 PM
    Sorry bro im kinda noob on this one. Correct me if im wrong so what i have to do is re install the OS again? using Apploader or Desktop Manager?
    Use apploader and when it gives you the option to not backup anything, go for it.
    But use desktop manager to make a selective backup, checking only the items I mentioned on the detailed post.
    owiyeah likes this.
    07-20-12 10:59 PM
    Ok thanks bro. Ill try to re-install .723. Hope this time it'll work. Thanks in advance bro.
    07-20-12 11:21 PM
    Ok thanks bro. Ill try to re-install .723. Hope this time it'll work. Thanks in advance bro.
    No problem.
    owiyeah likes this.
    07-20-12 11:25 PM
    No problem.
    Last thing bro. What if i will reinstall the OS again without having a backup? Will it also work? What i mean is like a fresh and clean install like its a new phone again? Ill still use the Apploader?
    07-20-12 11:34 PM
    Last thing bro. What if i will reinstall the OS again without having a backup? Will it also work? What i mean is like a fresh and clean install like its a new phone again? Ill still use the Apploader?
    If you keep any of what I listed that should be backed up, or any contacts, you'll lose them if you don't do a backup first. If you don't mind a clean state, then just keep the contacts, memopad, browser bookmarks and bbm contacts, skipping everything else. Use the /nojvm option to do a clean state reload.
    owiyeah likes this.
    07-20-12 11:41 PM
    Haha im lost in here now bro. Anyway i dont mind keeping all the infos i have them all on my other phone what im asking is the steps in re-installing this OS again using apploader or using DM without having any backup bro. Sorry im just really lost.
    07-20-12 11:46 PM
    Bro im installing .723 again without backing up anything im using DM because my apploader is freezing. Hope this will work.
    07-20-12 11:56 PM
    Bro im installing .723 again without backing up anything im using DM because my apploader is freezing. Hope this will work.
    Apploader doesn't really freeze up, it might appear to be, but it's working. Use the /nojvm option and make sure the device software is installed on your computer. Either from another carrier, or your own, or the one you're using.
    owiyeah likes this.
    07-21-12 12:09 AM
    Apploader doesn't really freeze up, it might appear to be, but it's working. Use the /nojvm option and make sure the device software is installed on your computer. Either from another carrier, or your own, or the one you're using.
    It worked bro when i re installed .723 again using DM and didnt backed-up anything fresh install i should say. Thanks again.
    07-21-12 12:14 AM
    Problem with the browser, it's saying no internet connection if problem persists please contact your service provider...?
    07-21-12 11:04 PM
    Problem with the browser, it's saying no internet connection if problem persists please contact your service provider...?
    Toggle data services to ensure the icon is displayed, re-register under Host Routing Table, resend servicebooks. If that doesn't work, battery pull or soft reset. If it still doesn't work, contact your carrier.
    07-21-12 11:42 PM
    i had used 723 for about a month and downgraded back to 688.

the battery life was actually worse then 688 and once the OS settled in, i lost memory so quickly that once it hits 20meg, the OS has an annoying delay that is NOT the clock of death. it got quite annoying that i went and downgraded back to 688
    I'm having this problem right here.
    08-03-12 07:59 PM
    I'm having this problem right here.

if you remove the bbm application, and reinstall it, all of your lost memory will recovered. so i think the bad guy is the bbm application.
    so no need to reinstall whole os to recover memory leak.
    just the problem is, when reinstalling os or bbm, the bbm groups are not always fully recovered, and that's soooooooo bad
    08-05-12 05:57 AM
    Nothing news ???? Damn what going on why is not updating?
    08-10-12 09:14 AM
    Nothing news ???? Damn what going on why is not updating?
    Don't forget to remove both vendor.xml files. If you're talking about a newer release of OS6, well, just have to wait until it hits or leaks.
    08-10-12 04:16 PM
191 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD