any OS 6.0 can be damn smart OS without alots memory and lose batter ? geez i cant beleave that of RIM can make a smart OS for bold 9700 i am thinking to get back to 5.0
    Did you shrink it either before loading, or directly on the phone? If not, you are bound to have problems. I,ve only been running 723 for a week but so far it's the best OS6 build yet. For me anyway. I will give it a bit longer before I draw a final conclusion.
    bubbl07 likes this.
    02-13-12 05:56 AM
    Anyone else missing 'Compose PIN' option from the messages folder. if I reboot my BB it shows up and then disappears. I can receive and reply to PIN's, just cant compose
    02-13-12 08:53 PM
    jeah, this is just so stupid.. the 9700 aint even that old.. and that RIM cannot produce a better handheld OS better than my desktop experience i had in 2000, i rest my case. RIM will be out of business next year. its just plain silly. open a webpage, "out of memory" 90% of the times. COME ON..
    I love tweaking my phones and have always done it. But my tweaking experience with my BB has never been good to me..
    02-14-12 06:57 AM
    @daniel, RIM won't be going out of business because of OS 6. Get over it. Just because you aren't having a great experience doesn't mean everybody is. Being a basher will only show you aren't appreciative. Just downgrade or jump ship if you aren't happy, but don't make everybody else feel bad.
    02-14-12 02:27 PM
    Oh Mr Rootbrian, im sorry if i made you feel bad because I think RIM has a bad operating system (yes currently using 6).
    So you would say browsing experience is better in 5?
    And "Get over it"? i thought this was a forum? You as a moderator telling me to get over it? wow, you must really love RIM. There's nothing wrong with their products at all in your opinion?
    Saying they will be out of business, sorry if i hurt your feelings. You all working with the site seem to almost have fallen i love with the new ceo..
    And jeah, it should be ok for me to say that the bold 9700 being unable to open 90% of all websites is really BAD. The phone was released in NOVEMBER 2009.
    You need to wake up, and face reality.
    You have an obligation to speak the users voices towards RIM and not patting their backs and fondling them. There is a serious problem with the operating system, if you are not helping us voice this to RIM then WHO CAN!? If i'm wrong I seriously vote to change the crackberry site into LOVEBERRY. As we are not allowed to speak freely about the products that we all paid good money for.
    And yes $600 for a phone that cannot browse 90% of the websites i've tried is not peanuts. But jeah, if you cannot speak the voice of the users, i guess i will have to jump ship.
    Some info for you to consider, wordpress was released in 2001. Bold 9700 in 2009.
    most of the wordpress 4+ pages i try to read on my phone, cannot be read it starts, then shuts down.
    Last edited by daniel.eriksson; 02-15-12 at 04:55 PM.
    02-15-12 01:41 PM
    @Daniel I'm no mod on here, I'm not feeling bad either. I am not phased by trolls, bashers or haters either. If mods do catch sight of this thread, they might say something.
    02-15-12 05:07 PM
    Oh Mr Rootbrian, im sorry if i made you feel bad because I think RIM has a bad operating system (yes currently using 6).
    So you would say browsing experience is better in 5?
    And "Get over it"? i thought this was a forum? You as a moderator telling me to get over it? wow, you must really love RIM. There's nothing wrong with their products at all in your opinion?
    Saying they will be out of business, sorry if i hurt your feelings. You all working with the site seem to almost have fallen i love with the new ceo..
    And jeah, it should be ok for me to say that the bold 9700 being unable to open 90% of all websites is really BAD. The phone was released in NOVEMBER 2009.
    You need to wake up, and face reality.
    You have an obligation to speak the users voices towards RIM and not patting their backs and fondling them. There is a serious problem with the operating system, if you are not helping us voice this to RIM then WHO CAN!? If i'm wrong I seriously vote to change the crackberry site into LOVEBERRY. As we are not allowed to speak freely about the products that we all paid good money for.
    And yes $600 for a phone that cannot browse 90% of the websites i've tried is not peanuts. But jeah, if you cannot speak the voice of the users, i guess i will have to jump ship.
    Some info for you to consider, wordpress was released in 2001. Bold 9700 in 2009.
    most of the wordpress 4+ pages i try to read on my phone, cannot be read it starts, then shuts down.
    Cool story bro, but you realize... he's not a mod.. right?

Calm your nerves and chill out.

If you have issues, people will try help you out..but if you're gonna be a clown about it I can gladly show you the exit.

Signed: A Mod.
    HUTCH66 and abhikumar5 like this.
    02-15-12 07:34 PM
    Anyone else missing 'Compose PIN' option from the messages folder. if I reboot my BB it shows up and then disappears. I can receive and reply to PIN's, just cant compose
    me too no pin message option...
    02-15-12 09:14 PM
    Upgraded from .668 to .723 a week ago and so for so good. Used BB Boss to shrink and had 102MB free before any apps installed. After all my apps & themes sitting at 92MB. Still a slight memory leak but that will happen. GPS is much better and browser loads faster. Battery life is same as well which was about a day and 1/2 between charges and I use the device a great deal. IMO so far so good!
    02-15-12 09:26 PM
    Can I use T-Mobile UMA WiFi calling on this release?
    Last edited by caquito07; 02-15-12 at 11:24 PM.
    02-15-12 09:53 PM
    Cool story bro, but you realize... he's not a mod.. right?

Calm your nerves and chill out.

If you have issues, people will try help you out..but if you're gonna be a clown about it I can gladly show you the exit.

Signed: A Mod.
    Super calm.. As will the RIM stocks be.
    What in your opinion does not make RIM phones sell?
    02-16-12 11:36 AM
    @Daniel I'm no mod on here, I'm not feeling bad either. I am not phased by trolls, bashers or haters either. If mods do catch sight of this thread, they might say something.
    I was hoping they would.. As you seem to be against speaking "badly" about RIM os.. Which should be allowed in a forum like this unless its owned by RIM?
    So who in your opinion would feel bad about my post? I'm very curious.
    I assume people who are completely satisfied with their phones?
    02-16-12 11:38 AM
    I would assume so. I'm currently using .668 which is an AT&T release (I think) and UMA works for me on Tmo.
    caquito07 likes this.
    02-16-12 11:58 AM
    Yes - no problems using T-Mo UMA here.
    caquito07 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:46 PM
    Only quoting your username.

I don't have anything bad about any device software new or old old OLD. I don't talk smack against RIM or other platforms, don't know why you are assuming/guessing of me saying such things. I appreciate my blackberry very much, I adore it, I adore the brand.

Now your question to b1aize (sorry if I got the username wrong), it's carriers giving bad advice, or going along with negative/bad press, or bashing public who don't like the brand (or never even used a blackberry) who had a single bad experience are making it seem it's the same with every single blackberry.

That's what harms sales. It's also bad sales people who should be fired for outright lying to consumers/customers in the stores.
    02-16-12 05:02 PM
    Only quoting your username.

I don't have anything bad about any device software new or old old OLD. I don't talk smack against RIM or other platforms, don't know why you are assuming/guessing of me saying such things. I appreciate my blackberry very much, I adore it, I adore the brand.

Now your question to b1aize (sorry if I got the username wrong), it's carriers giving bad advice, or going along with negative/bad press, or bashing public who don't like the brand (or never even used a blackberry) who had a single bad experience are making it seem it's the same with every single blackberry.

That's what harms sales. It's also bad sales people who should be fired for outright lying to consumers/customers in the stores.
    That response must be meant to the loveberry forum. Or you are living in plain denial.
    To take a phone as is, turn it on, and within hours the phone itself renders the phone unusable (memory leak without shrinking).
    Or to open a webpage with built in browser is most of the time impossible. Yes i know, opera will work most of the time. But im not talking about lack of thirdparty support. They do their best.
    So, if this is your honest opinion on what is lacking/isnt on a blackberry.. i guess i have to rest my case.
    My gf recently got the 9630 or whatever its called the new bold with os 7.. Browsing experience is sadly a laugh on a YEAR TWOTHOUSANDTWELVE released device..
    We need to gather this forum and be honest to what really is wrong here..
    but if we are all happy and super satisfied. i guess we have no case and RIM is making a ton of sales and creating happy customers.
    And talk smack? you told me i shouldn't talk badly about the phone or the os, as it would make some readers feel bad. cracks me up..
    Last edited by daniel.eriksson; 02-16-12 at 06:05 PM.
    02-16-12 06:00 PM
    I am not in denial at all thank you very much. I haven't had any problems with my 9700 (I still use it, it's on OS 6 and I haven't shrunken the OS at all. Unlocked for travel when and if I need to), my 9900 doesn't even need to have the OS shrunken, but I do it anyways (even if it's the new QNX device I get in 4 or 5 years, i'll STILL shrink out the unwanted components), because I don't like having too many fonts or bloat. What I use stays on, the rest, gets shown the door. Same for all of my computers.

If you look beyond the small percentage of people who complain (legitimately or illegitimately, such as trolls) about their devices, the rest are happy.
    02-16-12 06:10 PM
    I am not in denial at all thank you very much. I haven't had any problems with my 9700 (I still use it, it's on OS 6 and I haven't shrunken the OS at all. Unlocked for travel when and if I need to), my 9900 doesn't even need to have the OS shrunken, but I do it anyways (even if it's the new QNX device I get in 4 or 5 years, i'll STILL shrink out the unwanted components), because I don't like having too many fonts or bloat. What I use stays on, the rest, gets shown the door. Same for all of my computers.

If you look beyond the small percentage of people who complain (legitimately or illegitimately, such as trolls) about their devices, the rest are happy.
    Wow.. I love it.. "the rest are happy".. you know,, if one person actively complain out of ten people, more than 3-4 feel the same but merely accepts it until a better option appears to them. its a given fact.. I can show you proof of this as its social acting in groups. Only a few of us speaks out, some follows on the mere following act, some thinks the same and act when hearing, and some dont care, and some are actually like you say happy.
    If this is the reality, rim really is lost.. i hope not.. i enjoy the bbm feature and the email "setup", but my experience in the other fields leaves it to that only..
    02-16-12 06:22 PM
    There is a bit of heightened sensitivity among BlackBerry devotees lately - rightly so since so many CS reps at so many carriers are pushing Android (or other platforms) and essentially saying BlackBerry is dead, or going out of business, or unavailable, or whatever else will help them sell a different phone.

So, when you post a bad experience around here these days, you'll get some push-back.

Personally, I love the BlackBerry platform for many, many reasons and I do not intend to change my perspective any time soon. Is BlackBerry weak on browsing? Well, on my 9700 it leaves a lot to be desired. But the fact is - for me - I don't rely on my phone to browse much at all. I believe the proper acronym here (for virtually every point of "discussion") would be YMMV.

The "debate" that is quasi-raging in this thread is akin to pro-choice/pro-life discussions. Simple fact is neither side is going to change the others' mind or preference.

Let's focus on reporting thoughts and impressions on the performance of the OS and not on these silly little squabbles.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-16-12 08:02 PM
    I agree. I'm done with arguing with daniel.

There is a bit of heightened sensitivity among BlackBerry devotees lately - rightly so since so many CS reps at so many carriers are pushing Android (or other platforms) and essentially saying BlackBerry is dead, or going out of business, or unavailable, or whatever else will help them sell a different phone.

So, when you post a bad experience around here these days, you'll get some push-back.

Personally, I love the BlackBerry platform for many, many reasons and I do not intend to change my perspective any time soon. Is BlackBerry weak on browsing? Well, on my 9700 it leaves a lot to be desired. But the fact is - for me - I don't rely on my phone to browse much at all. I believe the proper acronym here (for virtually every point of "discussion") would be YMMV.

The "debate" that is quasi-raging in this thread is akin to pro-choice/pro-life discussions. Simple fact is neither side is going to change the others' mind or preference.

Let's focus on reporting thoughts and impressions on the performance of the OS and not on these silly little squabbles.
    02-16-12 08:17 PM

Well said.. The fact that BlackBerries are the "Business" devices, does not make an extremely inferior webbrowser ok.. Honestly, if so many of the users are just that, it might be the very reason why all the other platforms are racing by the berries, as yes, there are more ppl in the world other than email users and bbm chatters..
    In the end, if we cannot agree that blackberry os has still a long way to go, i guess i am the one in denial and i must be fantasizing the RIM stock plummeting..
    02-17-12 06:54 AM
    Hello everyone, I have had the 6.0.0.723 installed for about a week now. Everything is working smoothly except I'm unable to use Universal search from the home screen and I do not have a Search icon on the menu. When I press the "S" key, I'm given an option to assign a contact. I have used the default theme, gone to options and selected "Universal Search" but still it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
    02-17-12 01:30 PM
    Hello everyone, I have had the 6.0.0.723 installed for about a week now. Everything is working smoothly except I'm unable to use Universal search from the home screen and I do not have a Search icon on the menu. When I press the "S" key, I'm given an option to assign a contact. I have used the default theme, gone to options and selected "Universal Search" but still it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
    Did you shrink the OS? What about any new apps installed or changes, did you make any before this happened? Any new themes installed before it occurred?
    02-17-12 07:28 PM
    Did you shrink the OS? What about any new apps installed or changes, did you make any before this happened? Any new themes installed before it occurred?
    Yes I shrank the OS as I always do. I did not install any new apps or make any changes before this happened, neither did I install any themes before hand. I really miss my Universal Search. Also when I hit the "S" key nothing happens.

Thx
    02-18-12 03:52 PM
    Yes I shrank the OS as I always do. I did not install any new apps or make any changes before this happened, neither did I install any themes before hand. I really miss my Universal Search. Also when I hit the "S" key nothing happens.

Thx
    I think you shrunk out universal search. That can be the only explanation.
    02-18-12 08:49 PM
191 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD