The forums are much more up-to-date. Obviously that page has not been updated in a very long time, certainly with respect to the 9700 and other "older" devices. Close attention is not paid to keeping that page fresh - a dangerous practice when you're hosting an OS "Superpage".
    yea cause the last 2 official release were found on the forum... (706 and 723)
    02-03-12 11:08 AM
    The forums are much more up-to-date. Obviously that page has not been updated in a very long time, certainly with respect to the 9700 and other "older" devices. Close attention is not paid to keeping that page fresh - a dangerous practice when you're hosting an OS "Superpage".

Thanks for the reply

I almost missed out on two OS because of that thread....lol
    02-03-12 11:21 AM
    Fnx..... wic-which.....dose-does .....rily-really....so about the abbreviation
    We are not texting in these forums. Use the English language to enable people to understand what your writing about. Simple as that.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-03-12 03:44 PM
    Updating now...

Win7/64bit -- installed AllLang package and searched C:\ for vendor.xml, renamed it to vendor.xml.org and all is good (well, with it wanting to update, at least).

Since the 8900 days, one habit I have is to turn off all radios and remove the SD card before the update. Once the phone comes back up I'll add the card and then turn the antennas on.

Will update when the phone finishes...

Update...
    Yeah, it's good... let's see about memory now...
    Last edited by Sicily1918; 02-03-12 at 08:11 PM.
    02-03-12 07:51 PM
    Updating now...

Win7/64bit -- installed AllLang package and searched C:\ for vendor.xml, renamed it to vendor.xml.org and all is good (well, with it wanting to update, at least).

Since the 8900 days, one habit I have is to turn off all radios and remove the SD card before the update. Once the phone comes back up I'll add the card and then turn the antennas on.

Will update when the phone finishes...

Update...
    Yeah, it's good... let's see about memory now...
    Sicily, there is no need to remove your SD card during the update. I leave WIFI on and blue tooth on. Never ever had a problem.

Like you, I updated tonight and so far so good. WILL THIS BE BETTER THAN 668? Wont know for a few days.

Alan.
    02-03-12 08:25 PM
    Sicily, there is no need to remove your SD card during the update. I leave WIFI on and blue tooth on. Never ever had a problem.

Like you, I updated tonight and so far so good. WILL THIS BE BETTER THAN 668? Wont know for a few days.

Alan.
    I will be waiting forward for your reviews on this, alan.

02-03-12 11:32 PM

Alan.
    No, I know it's not necessary -- I just played it safe(er).

Update -- it's been hours since the last reboot and the free mem's holding steady at about 32MB, and the OS is far more responsive than the previous version I was on (T-Mo's official 448).
    02-03-12 11:47 PM
    Having .723 installed for about 5 days. Battery life is okay. I put the Bold to the plug 2 times since then. My battery is about 2 years old and was in daily use. I'm quite fine about it that.
    Browser is much faster, but I get that damn "Too many tabs"-error anyways when I'm loading to big websites. :S
    Right now I have 45 MBs free of Memory. Device is running for 24 hours.
    Application storage after shrinking to the minimum I need is 88 MBs free.

I'm happy about this OS version.
    02-04-12 03:21 AM
    Hey guys, just tried it yesterday. so not given a full days charge use yet but here is my short review.

After removing all games, IM, ringtones and stuff with BBOS, i had around 85MB free ram.
    After installing upgrading FB, Runtastic, Whatsapp im now on 76MB. (added ctu ringtone for bbm, lightsaber for whatsapp and tiefighter for calls to SD card).

i was earlier running the .668, and was the last 2 days seeing a lot of SOS sim card rejected errors. So far, 20 hours in on this one and seen none.

Seeing some better "radio connection" as i am fairly stable on 3G connection so far.
    Might be too early to say.
    Also earlier i was connected on bbm all worked, but noone could call me (so they bbmed me said they couldnt call, i battery pulled and they could).
    Will update if issue remains.

On upgrade, it did however break halfway, seems to have lost connection to the usb port. I then connected to another USB port (in back of laptop), ran upgrade from loader.exe and upgrade finally commenced. I got some wierd JDK 525 message when it was "halfway" upgraded. But dissapeared when upgrade ran smooth on new USB port.

Feels fairly solid so far.

Update, just tried a fairly "Bold" Shrink, only kept "English (G.B)" and Font file "Tahoma".
    Using the above installed apps only i am now on first reboot (5-6 pulls since upgrade): 87.3MB.

UPDATE:
    today i got my first "sim card rejected message".. battery pull and all good. 72MB free, installed sky.fm and di.fm app (in addition to above).
    Last edited by daniel.eriksson; 02-06-12 at 05:36 PM.
    02-04-12 11:28 AM
    Hi.. I installed this version and noticed that the "turn all connection off" in mobile network options has been replaced by "all off" label. Is this normal? Can I change back to "turn all connection off" label again? Thanks.
    02-04-12 07:11 PM
    Hi.. I installed this version and noticed that the "turn all connection off" in mobile network options has been replaced by "all off" label. Is this normal? Can I change back to "turn all connection off" label again? Thanks.
    It's been changed to reflect OS7's interface. It is normal.
    02-04-12 07:13 PM
    It's been changed to reflect OS7's interface. It is normal.
    You beat me with that brian! I will have to be quicker next time.
    02-04-12 07:56 PM
    i've used it for a few days... OS wise, it seems to run smoother then 668. I had 668, tried 702 and went back as it was slower. 723 does feel better.

battery... for me, it seems worse then 668. on 668, i mostly bbm, facebook, twitter, text , playing music and browse webpages, and i was able to use the battery for over 2 days. i normally still have 20-30% battery life left after the 2 days. on this one, i use just over 50% in a day. right now, i'm reserving judgment on battery life.

memory, for me, it seems worse then before. i've never had one build where i wouldn't lose memory. i had just rebooted my phone... and in the 15min, i've already lost 4.8 meg... however, i haven't actually seen the memory lost to hinder the OS performance...
    02-05-12 09:13 PM
    I still have notice that the file not found for asia version
    Last edited by faizakakak; 02-06-12 at 01:06 PM.
    02-06-12 01:04 PM
    I have installed the new OS 723 and this is what I found and my comments .

1-Over the past week or so, I was getting a lot of hourglasses with .668. So far, after upgrading to .723, I haven't had as many.

2- Battery Life increased in the past OS after long day phone calls and Facebook check and twitter use the battery needed to be recharged after around 8 hours of usage while in new OS it took me 11 hours to be reacharged ...

3- The browser in the past OS was not working well each time I open a link or web page the errors come to me couldn`t open the page please try to repload it again or not connection ( connection error ) so I had to refresh many times till I manage to open in the new OS I rarely found this message .

4-GPS service much fater than the old OS and responds faster .

5- For Memory Leak when I installed the OS for the firs time I made a OS shrik with BBSK and I had 75 MB free even after installing the applications and games ( FB, TWT , Photoeditior , ....etc ) around 7 programs installed .

6- Due to missing the arabic language when I used the loader it has uploaded the full version again as I shrinked on the phone not on disk so the memory got back to 50 MB then now 45 after installing the BES mail of my company .

7- Baterry Pull out only one time to gain back the memory to be 45 MB as it reduced to 23 when I isnstalleld the BES .

I think this version is much more better than previous ones and I recommend it to be installed .

One think I need anyone to help me in how can I change the BES IT policy inside the phone as the some facebook options are dimmed like calendar and contacts so if someone knows how can overpass it without making any trouble for my BES service let me know . Thanks
    02-06-12 03:32 PM
    Thank 4 ur post. I'll try it for my BB9700.
    02-07-12 03:40 AM
    In .668 i realized a bug, every attempt i made to create a task in Calendar the phone would freeze (no hourglass), it jus literally froze and i have to do a hard reset (battery pull)...

The issue still is not resolved in .723 =\

Am i the only one having this problem?? O.o

did you ever shrink your os? and if you did, did you remove the task program? cause I had this same issue on .668 but that was because I shrunk out Tasks and when I went to make a task in calendar it would just freeze up. if you didn't then I have no idea what happened.

on a different note, I shrunk .723 and have been getting issues where my phone randomly reboots. I don't believe I have it set to an automatic reboot. just wondering if anyone running .723 was having an issue like this?
    02-07-12 12:18 PM
    since my previous post, and a few reboots... memory seems to be improved, still loosing memory but not as bad.

the battery life doesn't seem to have improved. it still uses almost 60% in a day where in 668, i only loose 25-30% for battery life.

having said that though, 723 runs better then 668.

i do recommend upgrading.
    02-07-12 02:53 PM
    jeah i can't say its better..
    today i've lost BB-IS coverage 3 times. turn off the "radio" and on, and i'm on again.
    Also tried to take a foto, and phone shut off. So the battery monitor i think is slightly off in this one. (as i did have low batt, but it was not showing)

Also take foto, send to bbm contact, select contact, now it only starts and disappears. Open up the bbm chat person, and send picture works..
    Last edited by daniel.eriksson; 02-07-12 at 04:33 PM.
    02-07-12 04:31 PM
    I've been using this build for a week and it works fine, I can say that I almost haven't experienced any bugs or problems, tho battery life seems to last a lil less.
    02-09-12 11:47 PM
    i'm getting "sim card rejected" every day now.. battery pull and im back..
    WHYYY
    02-10-12 09:07 AM
    i'm getting "sim card rejected" every day now.. battery pull and im back..
    WHYYY
    This just happens sometimes -- SIM cards die after about 2 years. I had this happen to me last month, got it replaced, and no more problems after that.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    02-10-12 11:17 AM
    this didnt work on my friends bell 9700 unlocked. shes using a virgin sim card. followed all the steps and the screen turns on but nothing shows. was working fine before doing the upgrade. tried wiping and doing it again same problem. any ideas why?
    Last edited by surfguy17; 02-10-12 at 03:04 PM.
    02-10-12 02:56 PM
    any OS 6.0 can be damn smart OS without alots memory and lose batter ? geez i cant beleave that of RIM can make a smart OS for bold 9700 i am thinking to get back to 5.0
    02-12-12 09:54 PM
    any OS 6.0 can be damn smart OS without alots memory and lose batter ? geez i cant beleave that of RIM can make a smart OS for bold 9700 i am thinking to get back to 5.0
    You can always downgrade to a previous version of OS 6.
    02-12-12 09:57 PM
191 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD