i have currently using .668 , i upgraded to .706 and switched back and now installed .723 and again switched back the problem is i cant browse through wifi after updating both the versions however its fine in .668 , i also wiped it and clean install both the os.. but still the same issue, is anyone having the same issue or can help me what the problem might be? i am not currently on BIS just having my regular data plan...
    01-30-12 04:11 AM
    i have currently using .668 , i upgraded to .706 and switched back and now installed .723 and again switched back the problem is i cant browse through wifi after updating both the versions however its fine in .668 , i also wiped it and clean install both the os.. but still the same issue, is anyone having the same issue or can help me what the problem might be? i am not currently on BIS just having my regular data plan...
    Downgrade back to OS 5. You'll need a regular BIS data plan to use web data and wifi since you can't get the servicebooks pushed.
    01-30-12 08:53 AM
    I think i need to downgrade to OS5, not sure I have the confidence to do this though, I'll probably screw it up.
    01-31-12 05:15 AM
    Downgrade back to OS 5. You'll need a regular BIS data plan to use web data and wifi since you can't get the servicebooks pushed.
    i think u misunderstood it, i am running my browser through wifi and also with my regular gprs on 6.0.0.668 , i am just having problems when i installed 6.0.0.723 ( i cant browse through wifi ) thats the problem , so i dont ned to downgrade it to os 5..
    01-31-12 08:43 AM
    i think u misunderstood it, i am running my browser through wifi and also with my regular gprs on 6.0.0.668 , i am just having problems when i installed 6.0.0.723 ( i cant browse through wifi ) thats the problem , so i dont ned to downgrade it to os 5..
    Downgrade back to 6.0.0.668 then.
    01-31-12 01:54 PM
    I think i need to downgrade to OS5, not sure I have the confidence to do this though, I'll probably screw it up.
    Just download OS 5 device software, install it, delete any vendor.xml files (will be one or two) and use Apploader or BBSAK.
    01-31-12 01:55 PM
    Have been running .723 (from .688) for 2 days. Battery life has increased quite a bit, even though I had good battery life with .688. I took my phone off the charger @ 7am this morning and it's now 9:30pm and im down to 70%....after a very heavy day of calls, emails, and internet. The memory leak seems to be roughly 3 to 5 MB over an hour...but when I check it an hour later, i gain it back so it is flat. No APP issues, no complaints. Good update. Just wish I would have known that there are actually 2 VENDOR files that have to be removed....took me forever to realize (found in another thread) that there were 2. This surely popped my non-at&t OS cherry! It was well worth it though. Many thanks to all of you users and abusers who are kind enough to post walkthroughs!!!
    Pirata likes this.
    01-31-12 08:51 PM
    my issue is that i lost my registered email with simple mobile. i've never had any problems with any other os upgrade. any suggestions? i'm sure its backed up on my computer, but i dont have any idea why wasnt it loaded. i can't add it because its saying the email is already taken
    01-31-12 11:05 PM
    my issue is that i lost my registered email with simple mobile. i've never had any problems with any other os upgrade. any suggestions? i'm sure its backed up on my computer, but i dont have any idea why wasnt it loaded. i can't add it because its saying the email is already taken
    Downgrade to the version of OS 6 you were using prior to this and it should be restored.
    01-31-12 11:36 PM
    Both Asia und AllLanguage versions won't install on my Bold.

I backed up all my data, did a factory reset and wiped it 2 times. And every time I'll launch AppLoader it will say something like 'here's nothing to be updated'.

Edit: I downloaded the mirrored files. Maybe they are screwed?
    i also turn off my internet connection to get the update to be recognized
    02-01-12 01:13 AM
    .723 is hands down the only way to go. And I also have the Ulrich_20120105 hybrid installed and it is flawless. Memory sits at 64mb allllll day long. Battery life is second to none and I sit for ZERO hourglasses.
    wu-wei likes this.
    02-01-12 04:26 AM
    i also turn off my internet connection to get the update to be recognized
    You can try restoring your service books from the Loader Backup file.

You should also try re-sending service books from your carrier. I will admit I have no experience with Simple Mobile, but either of those approaches ought to get things straightened out.
    02-01-12 09:52 AM
    Mine just hangs while uploading the OS to my BB.
    Am on Win7 64bit and disabled the power saving on the USB ports.

May try later on old Win XP computer. Some people had luck with that....
    02-01-12 11:27 AM
    when I go to install it, it says I already have another installation loading??
    02-01-12 03:58 PM
    "Error 1500. Another installation is already in progress. You must complete that installation before using this one"
    anon(1175881) likes this.
    02-01-12 04:15 PM
    Mine just hangs while uploading the OS to my BB.
    Am on Win7 64bit and disabled the power saving on the USB ports.

May try later on old Win XP computer. Some people had luck with that....
    i've got windows 7 (64) as well on my laptop, but didnt have an issue. my pc has vista (grrr) and couldnt load it from there....id be interested to know if XP works. good luck.
    02-01-12 07:52 PM
    In .668 i realized a bug, every attempt i made to create a task in Calendar the phone would freeze (no hourglass), it jus literally froze and i have to do a hard reset (battery pull)...

The issue still is not resolved in .723 =\

Am i the only one having this problem?? O.o
    02-02-12 08:46 AM
    So...

Update to 723?
    or hang on 668?
    02-02-12 04:35 PM
    So...

Update to 723?
    or hang on 668?
    For me, I would update. But it's entirely your own choice.
    02-02-12 04:40 PM
    anyone with experience?
    02-02-12 04:48 PM
    Is it safe to load the new os6 .723 pelephone on Uk ornage phone wic is also 9700.....dose d carrier rily matters?
    02-03-12 03:27 AM
    Is it safe to load the new os6 .723 pelephone on Uk ornage phone wic is also 9700.....dose d carrier rily matters?
    No, it doesn't. It's perfectly safe to do so. (No offense, I couldn't really understand what wic, dose, c or rily meant.))
    02-03-12 03:32 AM
    Fnx..... wic-which.....dose-does .....rily-really....so about the abbreviation
    02-03-12 04:20 AM
    I always use this thread to find out when a new OS has come out:

#The BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

Why does it say that the latest one is 668 for the 9700 ?

Or am i missing something?
    02-03-12 10:56 AM
    I always use this thread to find out when a new OS has come out:

#The BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

Why does it say that the latest one is 668 for the 9700 ?

Or am i missing something?
    The forums are much more up-to-date. Obviously that page has not been updated in a very long time, certainly with respect to the 9700 and other "older" devices. Close attention is not paid to keeping that page fresh - a dangerous practice when you're hosting an OS "Superpage".
    02-03-12 11:00 AM
191 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD