Downloaded and ready to load onto my 9700. However i will wait until somebody tells me if it is better than .668

01-28-12 03:21 PM
    Downloaded and ready to load onto my 9700. However i will wait until somebody tells me if it is better than .668

I was waiting on you to take the plunge, first.
    01-28-12 05:52 PM
    So far it seems better than .706. On .706 I kept having hard resets occur by phone. Blackberry replaced my phone and it still did it. They kept blaming 3rd party apps - but, even with security wipe and no 3rd party apps, the phone would constantly reset itself. The problem was when i went from UMA/Wifi connection to a network connection, the phone would freeze trying to find the network and then hard reset. Would happen 5 times a day at least.
    This .723 has already solved that problem. Some 'snappiness' (as people put it) seems to lag a little on .723. But so far, after a couple battery pulls after the install, phone is acting solid.
    01-28-12 06:21 PM
    Installed smoothly without any issue. gonna monitor the memory and battery!
    01-28-12 07:24 PM
    Well - some of the 'snappiness' lag is pretty bad... Hopefully it works itself out because the rest of performance seems to work ok.

So far it seems better than .706. On .706 I kept having hard resets occur by phone. Blackberry replaced my phone and it still did it. They kept blaming 3rd party apps - but, even with security wipe and no 3rd party apps, the phone would constantly reset itself. The problem was when i went from UMA/Wifi connection to a network connection, the phone would freeze trying to find the network and then hard reset. Would happen 5 times a day at least.
    This .723 has already solved that problem. Some 'snappiness' (as people put it) seems to lag a little on .723. But so far, after a couple battery pulls after the install, phone is acting solid.
    01-28-12 07:25 PM
    did a batt pull and ran my memory app a couple of times runs great so far compared to .706
    01-28-12 08:12 PM
    can anyone verify if Chinese is available? doesnt seem to work for mine
    01-28-12 08:13 PM
    So far the best os6 I have installed. My phone has been sitting on 32mb free for hours.
    01-28-12 09:59 PM
    When my snappy lags, I call that flat.
    01-28-12 10:06 PM
    can anyone verify if Chinese is available? doesnt seem to work for mine
    i'm using the 9700jAsia version, but 9700jAllLang should be works too.
    there are chinese, korean, and japanese input language too, so i think it's yes, chinese is available. i'm not installing the chinese, since i only installing the japanese and korean, but there are a lot of input method of chinese, pin yin, bofomofo (or something), etc...
    01-28-12 11:41 PM
    Time for me to update my deactivated, wifi-only 9700's device software. Yay to SK telecom!
    01-28-12 11:52 PM
    Nothing to B!+(# about this build! Thumbs up for this one!
    01-29-12 02:28 AM
    how i can i add back any language? i had chinese input after i install but forgot to uncheck during the shrinking of languages.

Now i cannot find the chinese input option
    01-29-12 05:09 AM
    Both Asia und AllLanguage versions won't install on my Bold.

I backed up all my data, did a factory reset and wiped it 2 times. And every time I'll launch AppLoader it will say something like 'here's nothing to be updated'.

Edit: I downloaded the mirrored files. Maybe they are screwed?
    Last edited by shelhezan; 01-29-12 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Information added
    01-29-12 05:40 AM
    Both Asia und AllLanguage versions won't install on my Bold.

I backed up all my data, did a factory reset and wiped it 2 times. And every time I'll launch AppLoader it will say something like 'here's nothing to be updated'.

Edit: I downloaded the mirrored files. Maybe they are screwed?
    Did you delete all the Vendor.xml files?
    01-29-12 06:12 AM
    how i can i add back any language? i had chinese input after i install but forgot to uncheck during the shrinking of languages.

Now i cannot find the chinese input option
    What did you use to shrink the OS? BBH Tool has an option to "Put it back" which will undo the shrink...then you can start over.
    01-29-12 11:12 AM
    01-29-12 11:26 AM
    Did you delete all the Vendor.xml files?
    Naahh... Sure, I did! I'm using BBSAK and/or BB Boss. Both of them take care of it.

But BlackBerry Desktop Manager was annoying me. As I could not upgrade my Bold I tried to reinstall another official OS from my carrier. At this point in time BBDM updated some files to ensure the OS will be installed properly. That update had nothing to do with any OS I had installed on my computer. I think it was something general for upgrading/updating the Bold.
    To put it in a nutshell: All is okay. I managed to install the mirrored OS without pain. Everything is fine now!
    01-29-12 03:11 PM
    Naahh... Sure, I did! I'm using BBSAK and/or BB Boss. Both of them take care of it.

But BlackBerry Desktop Manager was annoying me. As I could not upgrade my Bold I tried to reinstall another official OS from my carrier. At this point in time BBDM updated some files to ensure the OS will be installed properly. That update had nothing to do with any OS I had installed on my computer. I think it was something general for upgrading/updating the Bold.
    To put it in a nutshell: All is okay. I managed to install the mirrored OS without pain. Everything is fine now!
    Good to hear you got it sorted. Let us know how you get on with 723.
    01-29-12 04:04 PM
    Hey guys..Just wanted to know if any who's upgraded can compare to .668? I have my wife running .600 on her 9700 now for a few months. She was okay but now she's complaining about alot of hour glasses. I already downloaded .668...just wanted to know if I should go with that or this is better? Feedback appreicated.
    anon(1175881) likes this.
    01-29-12 04:14 PM
    Over the past week or so, I was getting a lot of hourglasses with .668. So far, after upgrading to .723, I haven't had as many. Coincidentally, my wife was having problems with her 9700 this morning. I upgraded her phone while she was taking a nap and she is happy with it so far.
    01-29-12 06:23 PM
    I have been running .668 for a while now and it is solid. Is .723 better??? I realize it will vary from user to user but so far how is the performance as far as memory and battery life?
    01-29-12 08:02 PM
    When my snappy lags, I call that flat.
    I find it quite entertaining that this was post # 1100 for me.
    01-29-12 08:41 PM
    I think 723 might be better than 668.
    It's only early days for me so far (2nd day) but so far:
    GPS locks in about 10 seconds, memory leak is still there. lost 5.7mb in 1 hour.
    most surprising thing for me is the battery life seems to be a lot better. I was getting about 8 hours with heavy usage on 668, about 10 hours on 706, but on 723 it looks like i'm going for about 12 hours.
    01-29-12 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I will see what people have to say about battery life over the next 24 hours
    Over the past week or so, I was getting a lot of hourglasses with .668. So far, after upgrading to .723, I haven't had as many. Coincidentally, my wife was having problems with her 9700 this morning. I upgraded her phone while she was taking a nap and she is happy with it so far.
    01-29-12 10:33 PM
191 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD