BlackBerry Bold 9700 users get another official OS update today, this time as OS 6.0.0.723 from SK Telecom. No word in just yet as this one is hot off the presses, so if you install be sure to hit the forums and let us know what's new and good. Even though this is an official release, always use caution when updating your device software.

Software Download From SK Telecom
    Last edited by bospol; 01-27-12 at 12:42 PM.
    01-27-12 12:16 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Last edited by elite1; 01-27-12 at 01:20 PM.
    HUTCH66, owiyeah, doug1010 and 5 others like this.
    01-27-12 01:14 PM
    Can someone host it someone (obviously not megaupload anymore =P)? I can't figure out what they're asking me in Chinese.

Also, anyone try this yet? From what I hear, .668 is still the best one available.

TIA
    01-27-12 03:03 PM
    Can someone host it someone (obviously not megaupload anymore =P)? I can't figure out what they're asking me in Chinese.

Also, anyone try this yet? From what I hear, .668 is still the best one available.

TIA
    It's not hard to navigate if you have downloaded from RIM before just start with the drop down menu and select 9700. Download kept cutting off for me at 42mb but finally got if done.
    01-27-12 03:29 PM
    Andy. Got through all the details until I got to the very last box where you fill in your name etc. Can't remember what that last box is? Its the one after country.

Alan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 03:51 PM
    Andy. Got through all the details until I got to the very last box where you fill in your name etc. Can't remember what that last box is? Its the one after country.

Alan.

It's 'Country' then 'State/Other' then 'email address.'
    01-27-12 04:03 PM
    its the same for every language

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Job Title:
    Company:
    Address 1:
    Address 2:
    City:
    State/Prov:
    Email:
    Update my profile

I confirm the information set out above is accurate and current: Yes No

Would you like to receive information about RIM and/or BlackBerry products and/or services from RIM or authorized third parties selected by RIM?:
    Yes No
    Yes No
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-27-12 04:11 PM
    Thanks both of you andy and albert.

01-27-12 04:12 PM

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Job Title:
    Company:
    Address 1:
    Address 2:
    City:
    State/Prov:
    Email:
    Update my profile

Would you like to receive information about RIM and/or BlackBerry products and/or services from RIM or authorized third parties selected by RIM?:
    Yes No
    Yes No
    That's the important one because default is no...
    01-27-12 04:14 PM
    Thanks again all of you. Its downloading now. The old brain gets a bit soggy at 65.

Alan.

andyahs likes this.
    01-27-12 04:33 PM

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Job Title:
    Company:
    Address 1:
    Address 2:
    City:
    State/Prov:
    Email:
    Update my profile

Yes No
    Yes No
    Thanks sefreak. I entered my info, clicked the Download link and just got a "File Not Found" error site.
    01-27-12 05:53 PM
    Thanks sefreak. I entered my info, clicked the Download link and just got a "File Not Found" error site.
    I got the same error message for both the asia and multi lang version
    01-27-12 06:59 PM
    same error here... File not found
    01-27-12 10:27 PM
    Same error here (File not found)... can anybody upload it on a file sharing site like Hotfile or something?
    01-28-12 01:17 AM
    Just tried to download the SW now and it is still there. Just remember the second page after filling in the details you have to press the left check circle. I dont know what it says on the second page but it is the same process and questions as any other software you download from BB

Edit: Dont use the crackberry link, go to BB site and find it there
    Last edited by sefreak; 01-28-12 at 03:59 AM.
    franchise22 likes this.
    01-28-12 03:56 AM
    You guys can download both Asia and All languages over here: http://www.tinhte.vn/f173/rom-chinh-...723-a-1048366/
    Last edited by Sator; 01-28-12 at 05:48 AM.
    01-28-12 05:45 AM
    you guys can download both asia and all languages over here: T
    thanks!!! :d
    01-28-12 08:24 AM
    You guys can download both Asia and All languages over here: T
    woah... thanks so much.... my bb is nuked today, and i will take a gamble to install this os
    btw, i still unable to download from blackberry site for sk telecom carrier
    01-28-12 09:31 AM
    Will this work on my 9900?
    01-28-12 12:27 PM
    Sorry, but NO.

01-28-12 12:33 PM
    Sorry, but NO.

AHhh c'mon! Lol
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-28-12 12:42 PM
    yeah it will work great!
    01-28-12 01:16 PM
    9700jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3106_PL6.6.0.248_A6.0.0.7 23_SK_Telecom http://j.mp/w1mT8T

01-28-12 02:00 PM
    Error File not found
    01-28-12 02:36 PM
    Thanks for the link! I'll post my discoveries later.
    01-28-12 03:02 PM
191 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD