If you have no other OS versions on your PC and have run the 6.0 OS Apploader.exe should pick it up or try using DM to install the update. Also using BBSAK to do a wipe will allow a clean install.
    thanks for your reply no i only have the one os installed as this is a new laptop when i go into dm and try from there using the update it only offers me version 5 i am worried about using bbsak to wipe my device just incase i cant get a firmware back on
    05-28-11 09:51 AM
    thanks for your reply no i only have the one os installed as this is a new laptop when i go into dm and try from there using the update it only offers me version 5 i am worried about using bbsak to wipe my device just incase i cant get a firmware back on
    Turn your internet connection off when using DM and see if it picks up OS6.
    05-28-11 09:53 AM
    i have tried this on three windows machines xp and windows 7 and i only get as far as device application selection (which i leave all ticked ) then when i click next i get the message no actions required and thats as far as it goes
    am i missing something.
    i have done a flash before from version 5 to version 6.0.0.461
    i would luv to upgrade from here
    Andy has two good answers. Turn off the internet, and use loader.exe. I would add to make sure you not only downloaded the OS, but installed it too, then run a search for vendor.xml and delete all you find. Run loader.exe after those steps, and it will find the new OSicks.
    05-28-11 09:59 AM
    Andy has two good answers. Turn off the internet, and use loader.exe. I would add to make sure you not only downloaded the OS, but installed it too, then run a search for vendor.xml and delete all you find. Run loader.exe after those steps, and it will find the new OSicks.
    oh dear things not looking good i did a wipe using BBSAK now all i get on the phone id error 507 i tried disconnecting internet dm says it cant connect to device and does a scan for software but does not find any and
    application loader says .... the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device i have connected

... have i killed it ?
    05-28-11 10:14 AM
    oh dear things not looking good i did a wipe using BBSAK now all i get on the phone id error 507 i tried disconnecting internet dm says it cant connect to device and does a scan for software but does not find any and
    application loader says .... the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device i have connected

... have i killed it ?
    No need to panic:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    05-28-11 10:25 AM

... have i killed it ?
    No, you didn't kill it. I wish to G_d ya'll's first inclination was not to recommend wiping the phone.

Seems to me you haven't installed the OS on your PC. I assume you did at least download it. Go to the download folder, double click the download file, and run the install. Then search and delete the vendor.xml, go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader, click on loader.exe and get that BlackBerry back in business.
    05-28-11 10:27 AM
    05-28-11 10:34 AM
    result its alive thanks for your help guys i had to put
    Official 9700 OS 6.0.0.576 to get things back to life
    05-28-11 10:53 AM
    Gchaddy, did you not do any research before you tried to do this operation?

Its fairly simple and not complicated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 10:54 AM
    Gchaddy, did you not do any research before you tried to do this operation?

Its fairly simple and not complicated.

yep i have flased firmware before just not using windows 7
    im new to windows 7 and i thought that was the issue
    05-28-11 11:08 AM
    result its alive thanks for your help guys i had to put
    Official 9700 OS 6.0.0.576 to get things back to life
    gchaddy,

How did you get it to work? I have been having the same issue. I have done heaps of device wipes and clean installs of OS 6 and suddenly mine isnt working anymore. It just wont find the OS6 that has been installed...

I have installed 3 different official versions of OS6 and deleted the Vendor.xml and it still doesnt find it... I have never had this problem before.

Thanks
    06-18-11 11:05 PM
    gchaddy,

How did you get it to work? I have been having the same issue. I have done heaps of device wipes and clean installs of OS 6 and suddenly mine isnt working anymore. It just wont find the OS6 that has been installed...

I have installed 3 different official versions of OS6 and deleted the Vendor.xml and it still doesnt find it... I have never had this problem before.

Thanks
    Uninstall and delete the versions of OS6 you are not using/wanting on your phone and try again.

06-19-11 01:55 AM
    Uninstall and delete the versions of OS6 you are not using/wanting on your phone and try again.

Thanks for your response mettllicamilitia. I uninstalled all BB OS files from my computer and tried each one individually but to no avail.

I tried an old OS 5 file and it worked so it seems it won't let me put on OS 6...? Very weird indeed.

06-19-11 05:14 AM
    Hey guys,
    is it possible that I have installed the blackberry enterprise software?
    because when I go to setup and I want to setup my email it asks me for my email and my activation password.

And it says,
    "to activate your enterprise account, enter details provided by your system administrator in the fields below"

... help please??
    09-09-11 08:43 PM
    I thought the latest build was 6.0.0.650 by Bell/Mobilicity. Perhaps this is an old thread too
    09-09-11 10:06 PM
165 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD