Just an update, I was using leak 534 and downloaded this official 546

as with the previous poster the memory leak have improved. The leaks are still there but it is much less or slower then the previous version then before.

Battery life... I can't say for sure but it seems to be better then 534. On that version, the battery lasts about 36 hours. I had occassions where by the days end, after full charge, my battery has 45% left but other times, it was 60%. It was inconsistant. So far on 546, I charged it during the day and i wake up this morning and i've got 65%. will have to do an overnight charge to see if there's a vast improvement.
    05-13-11 08:32 AM
    I've used this build for about 5 days now. Out of 461, 526, and 534; this seems like the best build overall. The memory leak is fine. The 3g seems about the same as the others.
    05-13-11 04:56 PM
    im satisfied with what i got with .534 except for its memory leak issue... holding on .534 a bit longer to c any comment on this new OS`s performance on memory leak...
    Does the version you have allow you to sync the Blackberry Bold 9700 with MS Outlook 2010? If so, where can I find that version? I had my BB syncing just fine with 2010 UNTIL I agreed to upgrade to OS 6. I even downgraded back and still can't sync again. Some say it can't be done, but I DID IT before.
    05-13-11 08:37 PM
    Been using this for 2 days now, so far very happy. no lag in the OS at all. Browser seems faster than any previous builds (I tried them all) and this is the first build I haven't gotten an "out of memory" message in the browser on any website.

I was using Betazone BBM 6 before... but chose to downgrade to latest official 5 release when I installed this build because I didn't see anything new I actually used and 6 seemed a bit laggy...

Anybody else think downloads in Appworld are faster / smoother? Seems that way to me, but could be my imagination.

Battery life seems on par with other OS 6 builds: Very very good. I don't have a problem with the battery meter below 30% like some people seem to.

Memory leak is still bad... lost 9 MB since battery pull this morning, but since I do a battery pull every morning anyway, it doesn't really matter to me. It's a lot better than 534, I lost about 20 MB / day with that build!

Except for the memory leak I have 0 issues with this build.

I factory reset / wiped with BBSAK before installing, and fresh installed all apps manually.
    Last edited by Alex338; 05-13-11 at 11:01 PM.
    05-13-11 10:52 PM
    I just upgraded to .546 from the ATT official .526. On .534 and .526, I had to switch to 2G when I'm in my office and a couple other places. .546 allows me to use 3G in my office. Big reason to upgrade for me.
    Ive had similar issues when using my Blackberry in my apartment (I live in a highrise). I always had to switch to 2G due to constant dropped calls and spotty internet browsing while using 3G. Upgrading to .546 appears to have improved my 3G reception significantly.
    05-14-11 04:19 AM
    Hence why I didn't say anything about memory leak and battery . Everything is rly pretty much the same but my signal is indeed much better thenb it was with the last leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed re. the signal improvement. I can now use 3G in my apartment and not have dropped calls unlike before.
    05-14-11 04:29 AM
    Vodafone DE has also released this ..

has a smaller SFI so you will have 4mb more space in your precious onyx.

Download here.

If you need Japanese input please download the OP, otherwise this will do you nicely
    gururoop, Mio_Ray and dangerousfen like this.
    05-14-11 11:52 PM
    Been running this for 24 hours now.

Seems pretty stable. Memory leak is a lot slower than .534.

Battery life seems better, I have used 60% in 24 hours with fairly heavy usage. Left my phone on while I slept for about six hours last night too.
    05-15-11 07:36 AM
    I've also been running it for 24 hours and the memory leak -- a drop from 110MB to 105MB -- is much less than I experienced with .534, where I would generally lose at least 20MB. Battery life also seems good. It seems snappier to me, too, but I was a bit more aggressive removing stuff with BB Boss. Overall I recommend highly.

I did a full wipe and reinstalled my 12 apps. (I had also done this .534 so it was a fair comparison.) I learned now that you can download apps simultaneously from app world, something probably everyone knew already but me, but this sped up the process.
    05-15-11 08:58 AM
    I found this leak to be brutal. My battery drained almost completely in the first full day of use with this version at medium use. Also, the Score Mobile app stopped sending the push alerts. The memory leak was still there and I really didn't notice a difference from .461 or .534. Back to either .461 or .534.
    05-15-11 09:48 AM
    I found this leak to be brutal. My battery drained almost completely in the first full day of use with this version at medium use. Also, the Score Mobile app stopped sending the push alerts. The memory leak was still there and I really didn't notice a difference from .461 or .534. Back to either .461 or .534.
    Having used this OS leak for 3 days, I can't say that my experience is anything like the above.

The leak is still there, but to a lesser degree than with the official AT&T 526. Battery life seems to me to be the same or a little better. I would have no reason to go back to an earlier OS.

One strange thing, though, since 526. The browser won't hold my sign-in to Google (iGoogle) no matter I set the home page. Yes, it will always go to iGoogle, but makes me sign in to Google each time after I've exited the Browser or rebooted the BB.
    05-15-11 12:11 PM
    Having used this OS leak for 3 days, I can't say that my experience is anything like the above.

The leak is still there, but to a lesser degree than with the official AT&T 526. Battery life seems to me to be the same or a little better. I would have no reason to go back to an earlier OS.

One strange thing, though, since 526. The browser won't hold my sign-in to Google (iGoogle) no matter I set the home page. Yes, it will always go to iGoogle, but makes me sign in to Google each time after I've exited the Browser or rebooted the BB.
    Nothing unusual to have different results for different people, even if they had the same apps installed. It's just a RIMtastic thing we must accept.

Some browsers will take a long time for the cookies to stick. I've yet to know anyone who has isolated the file(s) that cause it. Try 6-10 battery pulls, that usually helps. Otherwise, it's just patience. Eventaully, they will stick.

Regarding those who mentioned wiping first. I don't know why this myth continues. In order to install a new OS, whether using DM or loader.exe, it will result in a 507 on your BlackBerry during the process.
    KenV54 likes this.
    05-15-11 03:00 PM
    In short, the memory leak is a lot slower, and battery life seems slightly improved. Everything's snappy, and the only thing I've found the MIGHT be a problem is: The first time opening the browser, such as after a reboot, is very slow, but after that initial wait, it opens up quickly. Best build to date in my opinion.

05-15-11 09:57 PM
    This is THE OS for the 9700, I can browse crackberry mobile site properly now with text reformated after zoom, blackberry maps no longer cuts off the bis connection and BBC Iplayer works now. Me happy!

minttea and mechanic_joe like this.
    05-16-11 04:44 AM
    I installed the OS, linked my 9700 with my laptop and did everything the way it needs to be .. But when it comes to 'searching for an update', it says: no updates available for your device .. how that ?

help appreciated !
    05-16-11 05:38 PM
    Nothing unusual to have different results for different people...

especially when they start playing RIM OS Engineer and delete things they shouldn't from the java folder...
    Last edited by Lucky45; 05-16-11 at 05:52 PM.
    mechanic_joe likes this.
    05-16-11 05:48 PM
    For me the memory leak is definitely less with this build vs. 6.0.0.534.

satanberry likes this.
    05-16-11 05:51 PM
    There are some very convincing posts here regarding the .546 build. The memory leak sounds like it has improved for most people. I will have to see where I can carve out a couple hours to get this done. Lots of third party apps to re-register.
    05-16-11 11:15 PM
    05-17-11 06:51 AM
    Nothing unusual to have different results for different people, even if they had the same apps installed. It's just a RIMtastic thing we must accept.

Some browsers will take a long time for the cookies to stick. I've yet to know anyone who has isolated the file(s) that cause it. Try 6-10 battery pulls, that usually helps. Otherwise, it's just patience. Eventaully, they will stick.

Regarding those who mentioned wiping first. I don't know why this myth continues. In order to install a new OS, whether using DM or loader.exe, it will result in a 507 on your BlackBerry during the process.
    I am somewhat new to installing new OS's on my BB, so I have a question about wiping the device before installing. I noticed ELITE1 left the wipe step out of their instructions and the comment above talks about the myth of wiping and 507. Can someone explain whether wiping is a good step or not and what the downside of doing it is please. Seems to me it couldn't hurt.
    Last edited by ablatt; 05-17-11 at 07:07 AM.
    05-17-11 07:00 AM
    Hey,

Dunno if anyones ever experienced this or complained about it.. but I've had it happen on a few builds like .461 and .534 (about to download this one).

If I type a long sms to someone that extends beyond the regular size of the field (and need to scroll up to see what I've typed before i send it) these small black lines will form at the top and bottom of the field..

If I then select all the text and delete it (instead of "Clear Field") the reply box will go completely black..

Seems really strange??

Any thoughts??
    05-17-11 08:47 AM
    I am somewhat new to installing new OS's on my BB, so I have a question about wiping the device before installing. I noticed ELITE1 left the wipe step out of their instructions and the comment above talks about the myth of wiping and 507. Can someone explain whether wiping is a good step or not and what the downside of doing it is please. Seems to me it couldn't hurt.
    Some people have stated when installing an OS, the installation already does a wipe to the device, so there is not need to wipe it beforehand. But some people wants to be sure no old files will disrupt the new OS. Wiping a device leaves it in a state where it cannot boot cause there is no OS therefore the 507 screen shows up to indicate that there is an error booting up.

Last edited by Yell0w; 05-17-11 at 09:43 AM.
    05-17-11 09:41 AM
    But some people wants to be sure no old files will disrupt the new OS. Wiping a device leaves it in a state where it cannot boot cause there is no OS therefore the 507 screen shows up to indicate that there is an error booting up.
    So--the question is, is the "wipe" that Loader or DM does, clearly sufficient to prevent the BB from booting and therefore causing it to show a 507 error, as complete as a wipe from BBSAK or BB Boss? Conceivably a Loader or DM wipe could get rid of the basic files necessary to boot the BB, but still leave some other files around that might not get overwritten during a new OS load, and therefore still disrupt the new OS.

I don't know the answer, or whether it is even important practically in terms of BB function. Maybe somebody here does.
    05-17-11 10:04 AM
    Hey,

Dunno if anyones ever experienced this or complained about it.. but I've had it happen on a few builds like .461 and .534 (about to download this one).

If I type a long sms to someone that extends beyond the regular size of the field (and need to scroll up to see what I've typed before i send it) these small black lines will form at the top and bottom of the field..

If I then select all the text and delete it (instead of "Clear Field") the reply box will go completely black..

Seems really strange??
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have a chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes, that is very strange. I haven't heard that one before!
    Are you using an app for SMS like CrunchSMS?
    What about your theme? Is it the default BB6 theme, or a third party one?
    Last edited by elite1; 05-17-11 at 01:21 PM.
    05-17-11 01:19 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have a chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes, that is very strange. I haven't heard that one before!
    Are you using an app for SMS like CrunchSMS?
    What about your theme? Is it the default BB6 theme, or a third party one?
    No, not using any app, and just the default theme!
    I'd be interested to know if anyone can duplicate this problem
    I've searched pretty well and not been able to see anyone else share this.. not a big deal.. just kind of weird
    05-17-11 02:42 PM
165 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD