Just installed this version from .534. I started off with 108mb of memory and 10 minutes later it increased to 110mb. Hopefully this version handles memory better. Will post back soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Did you shrink the OS?
    05-10-11 09:08 PM
    can this input in chinese?
    05-10-11 09:39 PM
    Did you shrink the OS?
    Yes, and since I posted that my memory has decreased about 10MB so there is still a memory leak. ):
    05-10-11 09:43 PM
    My results so far:

Using BBBoss, i shrunk the OS from 179 MB to 79MB. This allowed for a faster install process, and i recommend to anyone who upgrades. It also gets rid of unused/nonwanted apps, addons, etc.

This update does not have any huge updates, although BBM is at 5.0.2.12 (same as BB World). Also, a signal issue I was having with the .53x leak i had is now fixed, as the full signal i should have inside my house is now restored .

I cannot comment on the battery 35-0% issue yet as i have not encountered low battery, or the memory leak as i just installed this about 5 min ago. Will post again when I can see the results after my battery pulls.
    05-10-11 09:47 PM
    My results so far:

Using BBBoss, i shrunk the OS from 179 MB to 79MB. This allowed for a faster install process, and i recommend to anyone who upgrades. It also gets rid of unused/nonwanted apps, addons, etc.

This update does not have any huge updates, although BBM is at 5.0.2.12 (same as BB World). Also, a signal issue I was having with the .53x leak i had is now fixed, as the full signal i should have inside my house is now restored .

I cannot comment on the battery 35-0% issue yet as i have not encountered low battery, or the memory leak as i just installed this about 5 min ago. Will post again when I can see the results after my battery pulls.
    5 minute review? *face palm*

05-10-11 09:51 PM
    Still donwloading the leak ,, somehow I always feel that official OS downloading is taking a wayyy bit to long compared to downloading a leak OS>
    05-10-11 10:22 PM
    Still donwloading the leak ,, somehow I always feel that official OS downloading is taking a wayyy bit to long compared to downloading a leak OS>
    Yeah it depends on the source of the download, maybe the sites that host the leaks are faster
    05-10-11 10:26 PM
    and now it halt and cut off one quarter of downloading it
    05-10-11 10:28 PM
    My phone has been sitting idle for about an hour and I've lost 13MB of memory. I am confirming the memory leak is slightly greater than .534. Can't comment on batter life yet.
    05-10-11 10:33 PM
    Hii I'm Fede, from Argentina nd I wanna know if this 6OS for Taiwan phones it's official and if run good? I've got this Dilema, I dn't know if keep runing with da 5OS or upload this amazing 6 OS version....
    Oh I almost forget that, I've got the BB bold 9700
    Please Help Me!!!...
    Thank you very much!!!:..
    05-10-11 10:37 PM
    Hii I'm Fede, from Argentina nd I wanna know if this 6OS for Taiwan phones it's official and if run good? I've got this Dilema, I dn't know if keep runing with da 5OS or upload this amazing 6 OS version....
    Oh I almost forget that, I've got the BB bold 9700
    Please Help Me!!!...
    Thank you very much!!!:..
    It's a little early to tell yet. I just installed about 2 hours ago and have noticed my memory had dropped about 13MB. I'm assuming it will continue to decrease. Will post more in about a day or so. The OS has to settle.
    05-10-11 10:42 PM
    Wow, what a difference! I moved from 534, and this OS has fixed my major 2 issues, the scroll problem on large pages, and the larger issue of not refreshing the first message on the inbox (small font?). ANyway, that seems to have gone. I just hope the 35% to 0 battery issue has been fixed. Can't report on anything else, but for me, this has been worth the effort.
    I'm also looking for a build that does not have the 35% to 0% battery issue
    I thought I was the only one who experienced 35%-0%. But here's the tricky thing. I switched that battery with my gf's yesterday and guess what? Her Bold 9700 died at 33%. Oh yeah, she's running on 5.0.0.862 and I was running on 6.0.0.534, so I'm thinking probably it's not OS thingy.

From what I read somewhere, there are very very extremely good counterfeit MS-1 batteries. One of the indicator having that super quality counterfeit battery is that the battery would die at around 35%.

Now the question is whether or not our battery is fake?

can this input in chinese?
    Is that a tricky question?
    05-10-11 11:04 PM

Is that a tricky question?
    i cant get it to work. My chinese characters arent displaying. Alt+ent does not prompt me a change in input language.

Am i missing anything?
    05-10-11 11:11 PM
    i hope this fixed the youtube problem where i could only watch a certain amount of videos and the phone restarts itself

Edit: Now that i install and strunk it seems that the OS did not install right now i gotta wipe the device SMH
    Last edited by DJLILM; 05-11-11 at 12:34 AM.
    05-10-11 11:19 PM
    5 minute review? *face palm*

Hence why I didn't say anything about memory leak and battery . Everything is rly pretty much the same but my signal is indeed much better thenb it was with the last leak.

05-10-11 11:24 PM
    after horrendous memory leak with 6.0.0.534, so far this version 6.0.0.546 has been great. with an OS shrink, i am only leaked 4 mb after full day of use and batter after full day of use still at 70%.
    thank you for os update and taking care of memory leak from 534.
    05-10-11 11:52 PM
    I just installed this version with the steps that elite1 posted and now my blackberry just won't start up. it stays at the Blackberry Screen with the loading bar at the bottom of it fully loaded but won't completely start up. Help please, ASAP.
    05-11-11 12:43 AM
    I just installed this version with the steps that elite1 posted and now my blackberry just won't start up. it stays at the Blackberry Screen with the loading bar at the bottom of it fully loaded but won't completely start up. Help please, ASAP.
    i had problems too something did not install right and i had to wipe the device redownloadin the OS now
    05-11-11 12:52 AM
    I found no difference whatsoever between .534 and .546. Same battery life, same memory leak, same overall performance.
    05-11-11 02:00 AM
    i cant get it to work. My chinese characters arent displaying. Alt+ent does not prompt me a change in input language.

Am i missing anything?
    Did you check, for example Chinese Input BoMoFo or PinYin, etc during installation? Note that it's Input, not just Support.

If you did go to Options-Typing and Input-Language. Check "Input Language" and see if you had Chinese Input it should be selectable. If there's no other options except English it means you didn't install it.
    05-11-11 02:41 AM
    Do a device wipe with BBSAK and then reinstall the OS.

A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS
    05-11-11 06:57 AM
    Can't comment on the battery yet but the memory leak seems about the same as .534. These memory leaks are so frustrating!
    05-11-11 07:51 AM
    My results so far:

Just a quick correction to your comments... the current BBM version is 5.0.3.22, which is the official version that provides support for BBM over BB Bridge for Playbooks...
    doubleaa25 likes this.
    05-11-11 08:49 AM
    I found no difference whatsoever between .534 and .546. Same battery life, same memory leak, same overall performance.
    Same here except I noticed the memory leak is greater in this version compared to .534. Both do have the same battery life. ):
    minttea likes this.
    05-11-11 09:05 AM
    Help!!! I downloaded .546. First did a wipe with BBSAK, used BB Boss to shrink and now with some apps loaded I keep getting app error 603 and reboot every few minutes. How can I tell which app is causing the problem?
    05-11-11 10:32 AM
165 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD