just downlaoded and shrunk to my bold 9700 and nothing noticable yet but worked fine
    05-09-11 10:34 PM
    the question is if the problem still there lol, I don't like injecting things prefer to have it loaded with the right cods in the beginning. Plus I want to use a different bbm than the ones they have here.

So please, can ANYONE confirm if this is still an issue??
    Confirmed still an issue!
    Last edited by Faruk88; 05-09-11 at 10:41 PM.
    05-09-11 10:38 PM
    Confirmed still an issue!
    change font size up/down, save, and change it back, then save, then pull batt, if this doesn't fix, you need to hunt down .461 net.rim.bb.ribbon.app cod
    05-09-11 10:56 PM
    Uhmmm something is wrong can anyone help? I loaded this onto my phone and now when I go to open BB maps, I get nothing. The phone can pinpoint my location but theres no map to display it on... What happened to bbmaps and does anyone know how I can fix this?

THanks!
    05-09-11 11:06 PM
    Can someone tell me if the Dutch language is included ?
    05-10-11 02:22 AM
    Can someone tell me if the Dutch language is included ?
    It is

Dutch is included in AllLang and Multilanguage builds
    05-10-11 02:53 AM
    The kinetic Scrolling in apps like Facebook and BerryReader has significantly improved. and it does not lose the cursor as in some of the 4xx builds.

534 was good, but I have to says 546 looks even better.
    05-10-11 03:33 AM
    Coverage LED? I always have that turned off as it sucks my battery :P

This OS has been doing great so far ,battery life at idle is 0.9% and at moderate BBM usage goes up to 2%, much better than 534 and it is the snappiest OS I have used on any BlackBerry phone so far.
    I think was your post in the 9780's thread on 546, responding to the member in that thread mentioning the LED coverage indicator.
    05-10-11 04:11 AM
    What about the memory leak? I am happy with the 534 but the memory leak sucks......even after shrinking it, after I download all the apps that I like to use, after a day or two I have to do a re-boot to get it up to speed and re-store the memory that I lost....!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 04:27 AM
    I currently have 526, but I can't take the memory leak. Also, since it is the "official AT&T version", I have found that my phone has been using up a lot more data than I'm used to. More AT&T gouging I bet. I'm going to try this build and will report later.
    05-10-11 04:46 AM
    im satisfied with what i got with .534 except for its memory leak issue...

holding on .534 a bit longer to c any comment on this new OS`s performance on memory leak...
    05-10-11 04:53 AM
    I currently have 526, but I can't take the memory leak. Also, since it is the "official AT&T version", I have found that my phone has been using up a lot more data than I'm used to. More AT&T gouging I bet. I'm going to try this build and will report later.
    Whether or not it is the official AT&T version wouldn't be a factor. It's the same OS regardless of your carrier, and regardless if it is loaded when it's official or leaked.
    05-10-11 10:10 AM
    Uhmmm something is wrong can anyone help? I loaded this onto my phone and now when I go to open BB maps, I get nothing. The phone can pinpoint my location but theres no map to display it on... What happened to bbmaps and does anyone know how I can fix this?

THanks!
    I had this issue because I am on AT&T who blocks the service book for Blackberry Maps. AT&T wants you to pay for Navigator. BB Maps is useful for several functions, Facebook places (RIM App), location sending in BBM and SMS, etc. RIM should really step up to the plate and not allow the carrier to dictate what services are allowed, especially a core one like maps.

Here is the solution that worked for me. Download the bbmaps.ipd at this link on the forum. It is a back-up file that someone was nice enough to save to the forum. Once you restore the file to your device, Maps should be fully functional with BBMaps icon showing, maps showing, etc. Good luck!
    P.S. I also suggest that once you download the .bbmaps.ipd file that you store it in a place you can recall as you may need it for future OS upgrades, in case the service book is not backed up. Save the link on the forum as well.

I had this issue because I am on AT&T who blocks the service book for Blackberry Maps. AT&T wants you to pay for Navigator. BB Maps is useful for several functions, Facebook places (RIM App), location sending in BBM and SMS, etc. RIM should really step up to the plate and not allow the carrier to dictate what services are allowed, especially a core one like maps.

Here is the solution that worked for me. Download the bbmaps.ipd at this link on the forum. It is a back-up file that someone was nice enough to save to the forum. Once you restore the file to your device, Maps should be fully functional with BBMaps icon showing, maps showing, etc. Download Map.zip Good luck!

My link keeps getting messed up. Just put a http:// in front of this forums.crackberry.com/f217/how-blackberry-maps-t-bold-9700-9780-a-575776/
    Last edited by joeberrymomma; 05-10-11 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added info
    05-10-11 10:54 AM
    05-10-11 11:01 AM
    The kinetic Scrolling in apps like Facebook and BerryReader has significantly improved. and it does not lose the cursor as in some of the 4xx builds.

534 was good, but I have to says 546 looks even better.
    Better scrolling might be worth the upgrade. Long posts in Facebook app tend to be kind of funky. Scrolling down and then snaps buck up to the top of the post. 9700 OS 6.0.0.534
    05-10-11 11:05 AM
    I just upgraded to .546 from the ATT official .526. On .534 and .526, I had to switch to 2G when I'm in my office and a couple other places. .546 allows me to use 3G in my office. Big reason to upgrade for me.
    05-10-11 12:08 PM
    I was having the same issue - after a very looooooooong phone conversation with AT&T Device Support they said it happens due to an app that requests data but gets stuck in the background.

EXAMPLE: You go to manually refresh a weather app and for some reason it fails. Sometimes the request gets stuck and keeps trying over and over which leads to the high data transfer...

At first I thought the guy I talked to was full of sh*t but after a bit of investigating I found BeWeather was my problem...and once deleted I stopped having the crazy data transfers.
    05-10-11 02:10 PM

THanks!

Here is the solution that worked for me. Download the bbmaps.ipd at this link on the forum. It is a back-up file that someone was nice enough to save to the forum. Once you restore the file to your device, Maps should be fully functional with BBMaps icon showing, maps showing, etc. Good luck!
    P.S. I also suggest that once you download the .bbmaps.ipd file that you store it in a place you can recall as you may need it for future OS upgrades, in case the service book is not backed up. Save the link on the forum as well.

Here is the solution that worked for me. Download the bbmaps.ipd at this link on the forum. It is a back-up file that someone was nice enough to save to the forum. Once you restore the file to your device, Maps should be fully functional with BBMaps icon showing, maps showing, etc. Download Map.zip Good luck!

My link keeps getting messed up. Just put a http:// in front of this forums.crackberry.com/f217/how-blackberry-maps-t-bold-9700-9780-a-575776/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/ho...9780-a-575776/

Even tho AT&T offically releaded OS6 this still works and the BBMaps icon doesn't disappear!!
    05-10-11 02:16 PM
    Lucky45, joeberrymomma, Big thank you to you both for the help. My problem however isn't that the BB maps icon is missing. Its very much there. Its just the actual maps that are gone for whatever reason. Are you saying that by downloading and installing this ipd file above that I will get my maps back?

Cuz I can open the maps application no problem, its just that while the gps can tell me where I am, it won't show me because there is no actual map with roads and what not.

I am on TELUS in Canada and once I loaded .534 I noticed the same issue that I still had the maps icon but inside the application the maps were gone. Very frustrating. RIM shouldn't let AT&T get away with that...

05-10-11 04:08 PM
    Lucky45, joeberrymomma, Big thank you to you both for the help. My problem however isn't that the BB maps icon is missing. Its very much there. Its just the actual maps that are gone for whatever reason. Are you saying that by downloading and installing this ipd file above that I will get my maps back?

Cuz I can open the maps application no problem, its just that while the gps can tell me where I am, it won't show me because there is no actual map with roads and what not.

I am on TELUS in Canada and once I loaded .534 I noticed the same issue that I still had the maps icon but inside the application the maps were gone. Very frustrating. RIM shouldn't let AT&T get away with that...

The 'fix' is for AT&T devices only...
    05-10-11 04:12 PM

Had you send service books to your device? Are you on 2 or 3g coverage?

05-10-11 04:15 PM
    Wow, what a difference! I moved from 534, and this OS has fixed my major 2 issues, the scroll problem on large pages, and the larger issue of not refreshing the first message on the inbox (small font?). ANyway, that seems to have gone. I just hope the 35% to 0 battery issue has been fixed. Can't report on anything else, but for me, this has been worth the effort.
    05-10-11 05:48 PM

As Lucky45 points out, it is for AT&T. I had an issue with maps icon being gone, but could load maps through Quick Launch. The app would launch and I had the same issue you are having, no maps! Hopefully, there is a Telus fix on the forums.
    05-10-11 08:06 PM
    As Lucky45 points out, it is for AT&T. I had an issue with maps icon being gone, but could load maps through Quick Launch. The app would launch and I had the same issue you are having, no maps! Hopefully, there is a Telus fix on the forums.
    Just installed this version from .534. I started off with 108mb of memory and 10 minutes later it increased to 110mb. Hopefully this version handles memory better. Will post back soon.

05-10-11 08:26 PM
    Wow, what a difference! I moved from 534, and this OS has fixed my major 2 issues, the scroll problem on large pages, and the larger issue of not refreshing the first message on the inbox (small font?). ANyway, that seems to have gone. I just hope the 35% to 0 battery issue has been fixed. Can't report on anything else, but for me, this has been worth the effort.
    I'm also looking for a build that does not have the 35% to 0% battery issue
    05-10-11 09:06 PM
165 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD