As for the cod, it is the ribbon cod Did you install it or add it via BBSAK? I did and it works like a charm. Try it again please. Those hybrid guys are always watching our backs. Thank god. I was ready to scream....
    Thanks Jaydee. I did install via BBH Tools. And again with BBSAK, just to be sure since I wasn't getting the results. I just used BBSAK and ran check system to confirm it is in the list. But, I still cannot access Homescreen preferences....any ideas? I am not saying I didn't make an error somewhere :-)

Thanx again.
    12-04-11 10:33 AM
    Anyone know how to send a PIN message with this new OS? I swear I don't have the option anymore. Am I hallucinating?????

Becca- wtf? Sheesh. You did it twice and it's still not working? Maybe the hybrid guys have an idea. I'm gonna look there where I found the ribbon cod and see what they say...
    BeccaLynn likes this.
    12-04-11 12:16 PM
    Anyone know how to send a PIN message with this new OS? I swear I don't have the option anymore. Am I hallucinating?????
    I still have the option under compose other/ compose pin
    12-04-11 12:33 PM
    I still have the option under compose other/ compose pin
    well that's where it should be, but under that compose other all I see is Compose Text message, BBM, and Instant Message

???????

Did I shrink out something I need??? Anyone know which cod I should add back?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-04-11 at 12:45 PM.
    12-04-11 12:42 PM
    installed the Sprint apploader, deleted the vendor.xml as I have always done and installed it with no problem using apploader. Have not had enough time to see any real changes but as Verizon customer I do appreciate that Sprint has seen fit to put out the last 2 updates that Verizon has scorned and ignored. The last up date made my 9650 much quicker and smoother.
    Crude Berry likes this.
    12-04-11 01:19 PM
    well that's where it should be, but under that compose other all I see is Compose Text message, BBM, and Instant Message

???????

Did I shrink out something I need??? Anyone know which cod I should add back?
    Jaydee and all,

I had the same problem with email, as well. I wiped and reloaded with bbsak again today. this time I set up email manually before restoring. this worked; email up and running.
    12-04-11 01:52 PM

Becca- wtf? Sheesh. You did it twice and it's still not working? Maybe the hybrid guys have an idea. I'm gonna look there where I found the ribbon cod and see what they say...
    I agree, WTF. I suppose I could live without it...everything else seems to be much better than .524 and .587. I'm thinking that in the grand scheme of things, having to set my wallpaper each time might be small potatoes. If you find anything let me know though. Thanks!!!
    12-04-11 02:25 PM
    Jaydee - - I know....wtf. I guess it isn't too big a deal to set my wallpaper daily, as the rest of this OS seems to be pretty good. I just hate having things not quite right.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears....
    Becca
    Oh yeah. Someone here will find an answer. The hybrid guys know their ****e. They will tell us what to do...I am NOT wiping and reloading for anything at this point. Still downloading crap back to my phone. HAHA.

Becca, someone will tell us which cods we need. I'm counting on them!!!
    12-04-11 02:35 PM
    Thanks to 69Goat and Jaydee...and I lot of patience and perserverence, the 522 ribbon has now installed correctly and I am good to go.

YEAH!!!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-04-11 03:29 PM
    1) I haven't been impressed w/ batt life, since .587, but I've been using Bebuzz and VLingo intermittently, so those could be big batt hogs. I've uninstalled BeBuzz, so we'll see if that helps.

2) Overall the phone is faster. Its to the point that the track pad seems jumpy.

3) Browser seems intermittently faster, but also freezes a lot more often. It's not reliable.

4). Been having the theme problem since 587, but I only have to get in and out of the app screen once each time after a reboot and then it works fine after that.

5) Haven't had a chance to check the signal yet. I don't trust the number of bars as a reliable indicator much as how often they fluctuate and how good my signal is in particularly bad areas.

Overall though, I think this is an improvemt over the last 3 OS's.
    12-04-11 04:19 PM
    Thanks to 69Goat and Jaydee...and I lot of patience and perserverence, the 522 ribbon has now installed correctly and I am good to go.

YEAH!!!!
    Yay!!!!!
    Becca, glad it worked for you. And I am happy to report that I got my PIN messaging option back. I forgot to re-download BBM beta after I installed 7.6. Once I did, I rebooted (that makes the fifth time?) and guess what? Pin messaging option is back. So double YAY!!!!

No help needed! It's been a good afternoon for us, no?

Oh I haven't noticed the battery running down any faster than before.
    12-04-11 04:33 PM
    I loaded this Saturday morning. Did the obligatory three battery pulls and reloaded my apps. It seems to run good . have noticed no major blaring problems. Battery life seems good. Took it of charger this morning at 7:30 it is now 6:00 pm and only down to 85%.that is with medium text,email, browser use. All programs are running smooth. I use a custom theme that runs great. The real test will be tomorrow when I am back working.
    12-04-11 05:11 PM
    It has been a good afternoon for us. I am looking forwarded to running this OS next week to see how much better it makes my life. .587 was terrible for me so I was still on .524 and it was slowly falling apart on me. Compared to that, this OS screams.

Yeah for us Jaydee!!
    12-04-11 06:00 PM
    installed the Sprint apploader, deleted the vendor.xml as I have always done and installed it with no problem using apploader. Have not had enough time to see any real changes but as Verizon customer I do appreciate that Sprint has seen fit to put out the last 2 updates that Verizon has scorned and ignored. The last up date made my 9650 much quicker and smoother.
    This is my feeling exactly on it.

I loaded this up the day this thread was created. Downloaded and installed the file, shrunk and installed. A battery pull, restored all apps and another battery pull and it worked fine out of the gate, including BerryBuzz. Battery life and all else seems the same to me, no BSOD like with .600 update that I eventually downgraded from. On the rare (as of late) occasion that I do use a custom theme, I always set my wallpaper from the pic folder so I dont know about the home screen rerun.
    12-04-11 06:02 PM
    im an os5 junkie but i try every 6 os to see if it is better. loading now.
    12-05-11 12:02 AM
    ...the last 2 updates that Verizon has scorned and ignored...
    What is this statement based on? How do you know VZW has scorned and ignored these builds?

Any info on the radio file - same one or did RIM finally give the 9650 some love?
    New one 4.4.0.560

522 = 4.4.0.434
    524 = 4.4.0.438
    587 = 4.4.0.476
    600 = 4.4.0.486
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-05-11 at 09:57 AM.
    12-05-11 09:52 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darylschneider
    ...the last 2 updates that Verizon has scorned and ignored...

What is this statement based on? How do you know VZW has scorned and ignored these builds?

I'm not sure how I gleaned this, but I was under the impression from what I've read around here, that RIM releases new builds to the carriers, and the cariers decide if they're going to push them out and support them. If that's true, then the words above might be subjective, but maybe VZW had the opportunity to review this build, test it, push it and support it and for whatever reasons, chose not too.

I could be wrong.

Regardless, with regard to signal strength and batt life, It's not much better today in my "bad" location. I uninstalled BeBuz yesterday. Haven't used VLingo today and have WiFi and BT on intermitently. From about 5:30 am to 12:00 pm, I'm down to 30% batt life. I'd say that's not an improvement. It also makes me question how much of a drain BeBuz is, but to be fair, Wed - Fri, I have better reception.

I've also noticed, and this is for previous builds too, that the meter can show 1-2 bars, either on 1x ro 3G when you type a message, but as soon as you hit send, the signal drops. The same is true for phone calls. I'll have 1-2 bars 1x or 3g, the phone will ring, I'll get as far as Hello and hearing the other person, and within a minute the call has dropped. Not cool.
    Last edited by FirePsych; 12-05-11 at 04:52 PM.
    12-05-11 12:08 PM
    Yay!!!!!
    Becca, glad it worked for you. And I am happy to report that I got my PIN messaging option back. I forgot to re-download BBM beta after I installed 7.6. Once I did, I rebooted (that makes the fifth time?) and guess what? Pin messaging option is back. So double YAY!!!!
    The PIN message option is crazy. Wasnt there, then it was, gone again, then back. Was there this morning. Now it is gone. No reboots or anything in between. Nuts!!
    12-05-11 01:08 PM
    The PIN message option is crazy. Wasnt there, then it was, gone again, then back. Was there this morning. Now it is gone. No reboots or anything in between. Nuts!!
    Yup! Mine's gone too. There's another bug we found!
    Damn OS. That's why I hate upgrading. You introduce so many more problems into the mix. So what's the cure for pin messaging???
    12-05-11 01:14 PM
    The .sfi file seems to be smaller than the unofficial one. But, it has a same platform on about screen
    12-05-11 06:37 PM
    I've upgraded successfully and saw no errors, except I now realize that I am unable to pull-up the menu command of "Compose PIN" -- I can't do this in the general message inbox or in an actual contact.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    12-05-11 06:41 PM
    After a full business days use the phone does seem to run smoother /w less delays. Apps load quickly. Browser seems fine. Not sure of any speed increase but connects to PB through bridge and runs good. I do have a compose pin option so I have not experienced that issue. In fact I have not had any issues.
    12-05-11 07:14 PM
    I love this new OS, but coming from 600 I guess that's understandable. I, too, have noticed the following:

* snappier performance
    * faster boot time
    * better response from trackpad (and keys even!)

Battery life seems improved; my signal bars are more stable with less bouncing around. Calls seem more clear. As for PIN, I don't see it in menus, but a PIN within a contact is still clickable.
    12-05-11 07:20 PM
    So 2 days in and some things I have found and their mainly positive. When dialing a number from the home screen you don't have that 1st number lag which is awesome. The browser is really fast especially when on wifi this thing flys faster than any os I have loaded on this phone and I think I have used them all including hybrids.

I haven't payed attention to the battery life or the signal strength as I have been home so I've been on wifi and I have an ext battery on my phone.

Reboot takes about 5 mins after loading all of my apps.

Still get the camera lines that are known on os6 but has only happened once.

I have yet to get a camera reboot or a reboot in general.

The os moves very fluid and snappy, seems to be faster that most others.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    12-05-11 09:19 PM
    This OS is the OS this Blackberry ought to have been shipped with from the get-go....a shame that only near its EOL does a device's OS get optimized to it's maximum or near-max potential.
    12-05-11 11:35 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD