BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3049 (Multilangauge)

Package Version: 6.0.0.3049
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.706
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.560
    File name: 9650_512AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel3049_PL4.4.0.560_A6.0.0.7 06_Sprint_L.P.exe
    File size: 145.52MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

from BlackBerry: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E7A8C64A66BDDE

http://rroyy.com
    12-02-11 10:02 AM
    i was wondering when the full installer would come in
    12-02-11 10:43 AM
    Findings:

-Initial Battery life seems to be worse than .587 for me (am getting 6-8% average discharge rate according to TinyMeter) disconnected from charger at 7:30 a.m. And at 1 p.m am already at 62% with very little use (would normally be at 90% at least)

-Help Me screen has access to "mini engineering screens" for CDMA + GPS (accessible in Blackberry menu)

-Browser and overall UI are noticeably quicker than .587...but I believe at the cost of worse battery life...maybe a hybrid can fix this.
    12-02-11 12:03 PM
    Findings:

-Initial Battery life seems to be worse than .587 for me (am getting 6-8% average discharge rate according to TinyMeter) disconnected from charger at 7:30 a.m. And at 1 p.m am already at 62% with very little use (would normally be at 90% at least)
    I have been running .706 since Wednesday and my personal opinion is that the battery life is the same as .587.

The phone does feel a lot quicker! Well worth the upgrade to me!
    12-02-11 12:33 PM
    i loaded it last night and at first i thought the battery life was bad as well. after a couple of battery pulls last night it seems pretty much the same as 587 to me as well. i had a bad load and wiped and reloaded so it had a bunch of stuff to download, service books, etc. that may be what is causing yours to use so much battery in the beginning. let it run a few days and i think you'll like it much better.
    12-02-11 01:34 PM
    Just loaded a little while ago and the UI seems faster, BUT, the UI usually seems faster after a fresh load, BUT, this seems faster than it usually seems after a fresh load, so I think that's good.

Reboots seem faster.
    Haven't used the browser yet.

I find that I go through the battery pretty quickly after a new load. I think it's a very intensive process and the computer USB doesn't provide as much juice as a wall outlet, so you might be using more energy than the USB port is providing.
    I then spend a day or two tweaking apps, which uses more energy.

I noticed some font changes in menus too.

So far though this "feels" better than .587
    12-02-11 01:50 PM
    So far So Good, everything is working. The phone appears smoother and quicker, more than normal after an update. Time will tell concerning battery usage. I like what I see so far.
    12-02-11 02:45 PM
    My volume--down button still doesn't work. It hasn't worked for the last few OSes. Am I the only one with this problem? I can't use the thing with headphones anymore, since it's too damn loud, and the button is apparently the only way to turn it down.

Since I own a smartphone half to serve as an iPod, this is a huge problem for me.

-Stephen
    12-02-11 03:25 PM
    My volume--down button still doesn't work. It hasn't worked for the last few OSes. Am I the only one with this problem? I can't use the thing with headphones anymore, since it's too damn loud, and the button is apparently the only way to turn it down.

Since I own a smartphone half to serve as an iPod, this is a huge problem for me.

-Stephen
    Stephen, I have not had this problem at all with mine. I'm sure you have started other threads about it? No luck? I have used all the OSes (except this one...will load tomorrow) and I never heard of that problem with the 9650. Not a hardware thing?
    12-02-11 03:48 PM
    So.....is .587 better than .600? And .706 is the same (battery life wise) as .587? Just wondering.....
    12-02-11 05:14 PM
    i loaded it last night and at first i thought the battery life was bad as well. after a couple of battery pulls last night it seems pretty much the same as 587 to me as well. i had a bad load and wiped and reloaded so it had a bunch of stuff to download, service books, etc. that may be what is causing yours to use so much battery in the beginning. let it run a few days and i think you'll like it much better.
    Now that the official Sprint download is available, I'm going to do a wipe and clean install.
    12-02-11 05:18 PM
    that could be part of it but i loaded from the link scrid had and installed the extra file before i downloaded it. it's worked fine since.
    12-02-11 06:09 PM
    Any info on the radio file - same one or did RIM finally give the 9650 some love?
    12-02-11 07:13 PM
    I installed .706 last night with no problems. OS seems a little quicker, but no noticeable difference in battery life.
    12-02-11 07:57 PM
    Finally, there is still newer OS version for this 9650. I thought that operators has forgotten this type due to concentrate to newer model. Good jobs Sprint...
    estalzer likes this.
    12-02-11 08:42 PM
    Any info on the radio file - same one or did RIM finally give the 9650 some love?
    A new OS release means everything is updated...including the radio

The radio file has been updated to platform version 4.4.0.560
    12-02-11 11:20 PM
    Has/Can/Will anybody host this to a file sharing or torrent source? The download speeds are so slow (7ish kps); despite living in Africa and only have DSL, normally I can still do 100kps+. I haven't been able to get a full download either as it interrupts 2/3s of the way through, probably because it is so slow.

Thanks in Advance,

Andrew
    12-03-11 03:00 AM
    Has anyone else had an issue with running a custom theme? First time you hit the bb button to go to the app screen and get no apps listed? Then it works after that ok? Or trying to change wallpaper from the app screen by selecting options? Or is it just me?

EDIT: Looks like it is not just me. if you are having a problem, we are working on a fix here that may help you.
    Last edited by 69goat; 12-03-11 at 10:31 AM.
    BeccaLynn likes this.
    12-03-11 06:44 AM
    Battery life has now improved a bit after two days...but I noticed that BerryBuzz (I have an old version) was the app that was causing the crazy drain the other day....when I forced closed it in the engineering screens..battery life improved again....it seems that this radio somehow uses the CPU more aggressively than previous ones which explains the speed increase (at the slight cost of battery life)....a tricky balance to strike
    12-03-11 11:41 AM
    Has anyone else had an issue with running a custom theme? First time you hit the bb button to go to the app screen and get no apps listed? Then it works after that ok? Or trying to change wallpaper from the app screen by selecting options? Or is it just me?

EDIT: Looks like it is not just me. if you are having a problem, we are working on a fix here that may help you.
    Wow! They didn't fix this YET from 600?
    Damn. I am not upgrading then. You had to add a cod for 600 and now this one is doing the same. Bah humbug. I use too many custom themes to be bothered with doctoring the OS up.

Too bad!

And I know its just one cod, but come on! That couldn't be fixed BEFORE release?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-03-11 at 12:14 PM.
    12-03-11 12:06 PM
    Wow! They didn't fix this YET from 600?
    Damn. I am not upgrading then. You had to add a cod for 600 and now this one is doing the same. Bah humbug. I use too many custom themes to be bothered with doctoring the OS up.

Too bad!

And I know its just one cod, but come on! That couldn't be fixed BEFORE release?
    I agree. I was suprised to have it happen when I first loaded SCrid's zip. Then it happened again with the full installer.
    12-03-11 01:41 PM
    So even though I was mad I installed. Now I'm madder than ever. BeBuzz is not working with this OS. I can't get any lights to come on or stay on. I even restored my backup and it doesn't work. Oh and my email was toast as well. Had to call VZW and get some help to get it running again.

What's with BeBuzz? Anyone get it working?
    12-03-11 07:41 PM
    So even though I was mad I installed. Now I'm madder than ever. BeBuzz is not working with this OS. I can't get any lights to come on or stay on. I even restored my backup and it doesn't work. Oh and my email was toast as well. Had to call VZW and get some help to get it running again.

What's with BeBuzz? Anyone get it working?
    I have the previous version (version 3, when it was known as BerryBuzz since I refuse to pay again for essentially the same thing) and it works on and off....like most of the time it works but other times I just get the normal red light.

Edit: normal red light now...only works temporarily after a fresh reboot it seems......maybe inserting a COD somewhere can fix it...
    12-03-11 08:46 PM

I am having the same issue. I installed the COD but the issue persists. Any ideas? TIA.
    12-04-11 01:59 AM
    I have the previous version (version 3, when it was known as BerryBuzz since I refuse to pay again for essentially the same thing) and it works on and off....like most of the time it works but other times I just get the normal red light.

Edit: normal red light now...only works temporarily after a fresh reboot it seems......maybe inserting a COD somewhere can fix it...
    I finally got BeBuzz to respond. A few battery pulls did the trick. Never had that happen before. When I went to look at indicators and setting, I couldn't find my email. Then I realized that my email wasn't working with 706. Had to re reg the HRT and send the service books. Once the email popped in, then BeBuzz allowed me to change email indicators. What a scare! I hate futzing with my setup once it is working properly! Sheesh!

I am having the same issue. I installed the COD but the issue persists. Any ideas? TIA.
    As for the cod, it is the ribbon cod Did you install it or add it via BBSAK? I did and it works like a charm. Try it again please. Those hybrid guys are always watching our backs. Thank god. I was ready to scream....
    12-04-11 07:17 AM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD